I was contemplating the Keyone when my Passport died last month. I tried to hold out by using my old Z10 but I couldn't do it, Z10 was too slow and I need my Passport back, so I bought another passport.

This will probably be my phone for the next 2 years

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 11:04 AM
    Everything depends on the applications you need: given that 70% or more of the Android apps still work on the Passport, if you depend on Facebook and Whatsapp then you'll have to move to Android soon.

I said "Android" because if you don't need PKB or you don't bother too much about privacy, you have a large choice between Android slabs, most of them cost less and perform better.

Here in Europe everybody relies on whatsapp, so I'm forced to use Android by the next month, and my choice will go for the Priv even if DTEKs are faster and lighter I like the slider look a lot.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 11:30 AM
    I rely on WhatsApp and have been with the Android version on my Passport for over 6 months now. I have no complaints.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 11:59 AM
    I rely on WhatsApp and have been with the Android version on my Passport for over 6 months now. I have no complaints.

Posted via CB10
    Any problems with attachments?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 12:47 PM
    Yes, but only with some videos only. They won't upload. As for the pictures I sometimes have to move them to a main folder or retry. Annoying, but nothing too bad. No one will ever notice anything strange from your whatsapp account. I have the PRIV, and still use my main WhatsApp account (Android version) on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 01:26 PM
    I was contemplating the Keyone when my Passport died last month. I tried to hold out by using my old Z10 but I couldn't do it, Z10 was too slow and I need my Passport back, so I bought another passport.

This will probably be my phone for the next 2 years

Posted via CB10
    I hear that. I have a mint condtion Q5 with a ton of accessories (unlocked) that was my first BB10 device. I love the size, and I personally love the "chicklet" keyboard. But the dual core is just too slow for me, and the screen is very small. I need to get this on eBay with the accessories so someone can use it before it's too old to even consider using. If you just need a small BB10 device to throw in your pocket for for a backup, it's a great phone. But as a daily driver, the processor is just too slow for me.
    04-28-17 01:43 PM
    I hear that. I have a mint condtion Q5 with a ton of accessories (unlocked) that was my first BB10 device. I love the size, and I personally love the "chicklet" keyboard. But the dual core is just too slow for me, and the screen is very small. I need to get this on eBay with the accessories so someone can use it before it's too old to even consider using. If you just need a small BB10 device to throw in your pocket for for a backup, it's a great phone. But as a daily driver, the processor is just too slow for me.
    Another thing was that every time I tried to type something the keyboard would pop up. Or when scrolling the virtual keyboard would interfere which was really annoying

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 02:33 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I will switch..but likely use the Passport on wifi only also...

Keyone will be main device...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 02:49 PM
    I don't like phablet size phones - they're too bulky to carry around. The Passport fits perfectly in my work shirt pocket when I'm gardening, and the screen is big enough for everything I need. I've got two Passports so I'm going to hang in there with alternate browsers, and I've got an Android tablet for downloading music, books, and movies.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-28-17 03:03 PM
    Must admit, iv been using my blackberry priv now for ages, but just returned to my passport, as I have found the whole experience of android overwhelming!! Lots and lots of apps and games, but as this is my work phone aswell as my general usage, I find I was getting so side tracked by lots of things to do!!! But as a work tool my passport is just bob on and never let's me down!
    Hopefully blackberry will keep BB10 alive, as I really don't think I could go back to android again...... unless I want to play games!!!!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-28-17 03:07 PM
    I don't like phablet size phones - they're too bulky to carry around. The Passport fits perfectly in my work shirt pocket when I'm gardening, and the screen is big enough for everything I need. I've got two Passports so I'm going to hang in there with alternate browsers, and I've got an Android tablet for downloading music, books, and movies.
    04-28-17 03:18 PM
    Blackberry Passport silver edition & blackberry Classic the best!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 02:45 PM
    I really like BB10 and the passport. I understand that blackberry had to move to android but still very disappointing. We already have so many other android choices and my favorite blackberry is turning into android
    04-30-17 06:11 PM
    Speaking of syncing, my BlackBerry 9900 Bridged beautifully to my Playbook. And for a while (a short while) my Passport synced beautifully to my iPad for BLEND. But that was short-lived. Blend stopped working on iPad about a year ago, and that was it. Lots of users reporting this issue when Blend stopped working on iPad, and there are no cures. It just stopped being supported. So now I have no sync to a tablet, and that was a HUGE plus for me. I was tempted to go back to my 9900 with Bridge to the Playbook just so I could have a larger screen for emails and texts.
    If you still have your PlayBook, you can bridge it to your Passport.
    05-02-17 03:18 AM
    I've been a dedicated BlackBerry user since 2005 for the high security, I've been getting the latest models all the time and when bb10 was announced, it was a dream come true. I tried Z3, then moved to the superior Leap (which I loved) until my daughter washed it, so got a Passport and was delighted with it. I too was about to be forced to move to a BlackBerry Android device, but couldn't bear the idea eventhough the DTEK60 seemed great, I even considered getting the Samsung S8 to avoid compromises. Luckily with a lot of search, I managed to get working the apps that were having trouble (even with sideload) like whatsapp and skype and hopefully someone will keep on digging and keep us updated on how to keep our essential apps working.

Keep BB10 ALIVE!!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 01:42 PM
    PP SE seems to be a great form factor for a lot of people (including myself). I love the Way BB10 has been 'smartified'. It's a neat OS and I'm really sad that the iOS/Android popularity led to developers no longer putting in the effort to release BB10 versions of popular apps. I for one am switching to the K1 but I'm not sure I will like Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 08:31 AM
    I look at it this way. I have all I need on BB10 Passport. Getting the KEYone will be just a different car going to the same places.

Thing is on Android and iOS people don't always want to use five different msging apps but on BB10 it doesn't matter cause it's all in one place. More so with the ones that are fully integrated into the HUB

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 08:59 AM
    Getting the KEYone will be just a different car going to the same places.
    In my experience more and more "basic" apps are "outdated" / unsupported in the BB10 OS with buggy alternatives at best (e.g. LinkedIN, Facebook, Twitter) - sad but true... IMHO
    05-13-17 10:40 AM
    Those are the ones I deleted immediately in February 2013 when I got my first Z10, and lived happily ever after.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 11:01 AM
    Go Key1 and I will pick up your perfect passport on ebay for very few $$$!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 01:23 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Moving to KeyOne as soon as available here in Canada.
    Day one Passport still works beautifully..but the KEYone has unbelievable battery life and amazing camera and other nice advantages over pp.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 03:59 PM
    In my experience more and more "basic" apps are "outdated" / unsupported in the BB10 OS with buggy alternatives at best (e.g. LinkedIN, Facebook, Twitter) - sad but true... IMHO
    LinkedIn can be replaced with the APK
    I've replaced Facebook with Face10 and Messenger and they work fine. If there are any bugs I will gladly take them over the Stock Facebook APK that Sucks your battery dry and tracks everything on your device.
    I don't use Twitter much but Blaq is working just fine also.
    IMHO the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 11:45 PM
    LinkedIn can be replaced with the APK
    I've got the feeling every APK is a strain on the battery. It was good for a while - but all in all I found APK performance to be under par (app startup is slow - sometimes unresponsive,...)
    05-14-17 01:45 AM
    After selling up to a dozen k1s a day for a dozen days, the price cuts will come

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 10:19 AM
    I've got the feeling every APK is a strain on the battery. It was good for a while - but all in all I found APK performance to be under par (app startup is slow - sometimes unresponsive,...)
    To be honest I just use the Web version of Linkedin
    05-14-17 11:12 AM
107 12345