Get the dtek60 or wait for the 70

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 05:59 PM
    Guys I love my Passport too but I am right now thinking about the Priv for one reason: Google Hangout!

I have started using it on my other andoid phone (company phone) as a collaborative tool with my startup team so we need it. And I cannot find a working solution for my Passport.

No other reason to change my Passport: unique design, not cheap built quality and a stable OS.

If someone could help...

Thanks
    MT

Posted via CB10
    Did you try HG10 from the BBW ? It is a native client for Hangout.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 02:57 AM
    I bought a used Silver Edition this week-end to replace my perfectly-functional Galaxy Note 4. I then proceeded to use Cobalt's hacks to re-install all Android apps I wanted.

I don't care that much about the risk of lack of future support. This hardware is amazing. The physical keyboard is well-utilized and this screen ration is the right one. The oh-so-popular widescreen ratio is only ever useful for watching videos.
    hanzi5 likes this.
    11-16-16 06:06 AM
    Did you try HG10 from the BBW ? It is a native client for Hangout.

Posted via CB10
    OMG! After all this time here in CrackBerry using my BlackBerry Passport this is the first I've heard of being able to use Hangouts in BB10 and integrated into the HUB on top of that.
    HG10....... wow great app and works well. Not a whatsapp or BBM competitor but definitely another useful communication tool.

Thank you for the info and post my friend.

UPDATE:
    Accessing HG10 from the HUB and expanding the list to inbox causes the HUB to lock up completely. You can do anything with it after unless you restart the phone. The notifications aren't sounding or coming through all the time and have to open the app instead of the hub to see new msg at times. Also conversation from the HUB are being mixed up.
    I assume the developer is long gone.

Since seemingly less people use Hangouts then BBM I think I will uninstal HG10 and stay with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-17-16 at 03:02 PM.
    11-16-16 12:51 PM
    So let me start by saying I LOVE my Blackberry Passport Silver Edition I got only last week brand new, as do my friends and family, however a few of them are telling me that I should return it and get a different phone due to Blackberry's lack of updates/support in the near future.

So this has me wondering now if I should keep it or return it, I got it from Blackberry Canada for $394 and have the 30 days Return/Exchange so luckily I still have that option, the honest truth is I don't use apps except a few like YouTube, Google Maps and a few others, however Google Maps seems to be lagging very slow which is a concern for me and that forces me to use Blackberry Maps which is not very good at all.

Anyways I would really love if you guys could advise me what to do and what the scope might be for the very near future of Blackberry, I got away from Android because its so boring and wanted to try something new in which the Blackberry Passport specifically offers.

Thanks!!
    Honestly I am a same user as you are but I depend a little more on apps, Would suggest if you are happy with the Form Factor keep it with you if your job is getting done.

BlackBerry has been slow in updates I agree but if your work gets done you should not be worried.

BTW we may see a new BlackBerry PKB device in 1st Quater next year so you may Wana use it till then and sell the Passport and get the new device.

BlackBerry Mercury may be pre- loaded with Android.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-16-16 01:24 PM
    I bought a used Silver Edition this week-end to replace my perfectly-functional Galaxy Note 4. I then proceeded to use Cobalt's hacks to re-install all Android apps I wanted.

I don't care that much about the risk of lack of future support. This hardware is amazing. The physical keyboard is well-utilized and this screen ration is the right one. The oh-so-popular widescreen ratio is only ever useful for watching videos.
    Hacks is a very strong term lol!

You may want to call it as mod or workaround.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    11-16-16 01:26 PM
    The Passport has amazing battery life, excellent stereo speakers, beautiful display, the keyboard, solid construction and BB10 is so much better than Android in almost every way, except app support.
    Perfect summary. I agree 100%.
    11-16-16 11:19 PM
    I recently purchased a Dtek60 to replace my Passport. After a week, the Dtek60 was on it's way back to BB and the Passport was back in my pocket.

Don't worry about what people say, support, or what you're missing out on. If the phone is working for you and you enjoy using it, stick with it. I'll be keeping my Passport for the time-being. I'll take a look again at getting something else when the Mercury is release.
    11-17-16 08:40 AM
    I think your first mistake was listening to other people.

I can only speak from my own experience but if I had to tell you what to do I would be saying don't listen to those people and stay with the Passport. Just asked questions in this forum and you'll find all the answers to every issue..

Posted via CB10
    So, don't listen to those "people" but listen to what Crackberrians said? What a logic. Asking questions in Crackberry means you could get an answer for your BlackBerry questions, but you will also meet some big fans of BlackBerry who simply think billions of other systems users do not know a thing.

Just my last 2ct, see what you really need and keep it or get another one which suits your needs better. For example Priv if you need android and sometimes PKB. I chose from use my Z30 for work, iPhone SE for other apps and a tablet with Android.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-17-16 09:56 AM
34 12