I'm just drawn to the simplicity, the fact that my texting app is built WITHIN the BlackBerry Hub is so refreshing. I hope BlackBerry decides to create their own texting app withing the Hub+ services on andriod....

The browser works better than some android apps (starbucks, banking, texting). I just recently deleted my snap chat because that **** is trash and in spite of Insta10 getting a full upgrade to match andriod insta how can you go wrong?

Only thing is just the twitter app is clearly outdated, but BlaQ is sooo smooth and fluid. I don't even care for some of the missing features.

I'm gonna hold out until the Mercury is released. Till then my White Passport will be rocked, no case. #TeamBlackBerry #BuisinessAsUsual

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 10:13 PM
    I also bought me a new passport should arrive within the next few days. For the same reasons and others. I'm still keeping my droid z and will be switching them out according to needs. But primary definitely will be passport.
    01-17-17 12:10 AM
    I'll always keep my white Passport, I almost sold it too haha

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:22 AM
    The Passport is the phone that I consistently keep coming back to. I got through a bunch of others, but the Passport just feels like home to me. It's such a productive, beautiful device. And the screen real estate is spectacular. The hub, battery life and fantastic physical keyboard are what keep me coming back, aside from the truly unique and innovative form factor.

I am also curious about the Mercury. I don't mind running Android, but because I like using the Blackberry Hub and related apps on my S7 I find that there's a lot of redundancy. With BB10 it's just pure and simple bliss. My only gripe is that Twitter and Instagram aren't natively wonderful. But I can work with iGrann Pro, plus it's added features. And Blaq does the trick just fine. I just wish you could customize the look of Blaq.

Long live the Passport. I keep hoping and praying there'll be a Passport 2 that offers both a physical keyboard variant and a software keyboard variant. The form factor is just a dream and I can only imagine how many more times I can fall in love with a new flagship spec'd Passport 2!!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-17-17 10:46 AM
    iphone - used for games/apps/picture
    dtek60 - used for apps/email
    Passport se - used for email/msg
    Unfortuantely, even though games/apps works on pp, it is slow or not as good as iOS or Dtek.
    I can probably reduce to two and just use dtek for games/apps/email. Iphone is kinda slow as well.
    01-17-17 11:53 AM
    I so agree with this. Only app I might miss is whatsapp and it's hub integration but as long as the android version works I'm golden. Thought I'd miss snapchat but I have it on my tablet and it really does nothing for me. I've ported all the android apps I need over to the passport and they all add to the usability of the phone.
    I use an android tablet as a backup device and the clutter and ad-aggressiveness just doesn't cut it. The fact I cannot root a blackberry android to block ads by editing the host file means I'm probably not getting one. Hopefully blackberry doesn't kill it's os10.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:01 PM
    Don't you find the White PP too slippery without a case? I still use my Seidio case but it's massive. Scared I'll drop the phone if I use it naked.
    01-17-17 07:27 PM
    I'm currently using a Priv and waiting to receive my SE on Thursday. Making the return to a BB10 device after 3 years away. My last BB10 device was a Z30 and I haven't had a full time qwerty device since my 9900. Just sick and tired of Android and I've been deleting more and more apps over the years.
    Kommandant likes this.
    01-17-17 07:37 PM
    I find this thread very interesting. I have never had an Android phone but am eyeing this new Mercury device as perhaps the phone that will enable me to leave BB10. There's only one problem...I really like BB10. My AT&T Passport is the best phone I've ever had. And before this I had a Q10 and a Z10. Got rid of an iPhone 4 to go to BB10 and was not sorry I did.

Seeing all of the responses to this thread I wonder if I shouldn't even bother with Android. Even with the Hub+ app, it sounds disjointed and clunky. What is the experience?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley and RoseBud68 like this.
    01-17-17 08:16 PM
    I just bought my second passport after selling my original and switching to the iphone last spring.
    Didn't realize how much I missed the screen and form factor of this phone and the smooth simplicity of bb10. I'm reminded now why I was so addicted to the passport when I first got it.
    Iphone is a great device and yes the apps work well and are all available but there's just something about the passport...keeps me coming back.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 08:49 PM
    I am in the same boat. I keep going back to the Passport SE from the Priv. No joke....I am switching back again tonight. It's such a weird device but once you get used to it...you literally can't go back. Crazy how much I love the form factor of this thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:34 PM
    2 1/2 years with the passport and I still have no desire to get another phone. I usually upgrade every year. If i do get a new phone, it probably won't be an Android.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and aboldcurve like this.
    01-17-17 10:12 PM
    I love this thread. Well I should start by saying I have had a Z10,Z30, passport, P9983, Dteck50 and 60. After all those I end up splitting my time between the Dteck60 and the passport. It is truly a great phone. I guess I should sell the P9983 but I just like looking at it. I do find the Mercury very interesting but will wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 08:22 AM
    I've had multiples of all bb10 devices and recently bought a priv. It's a nice phone but the pkb is trash compared to the passport / classic. I used my classic for a while yesterday and didn't realise just how much better it was till I had it in hand again
    01-18-17 09:14 AM
    I just bought my second passport after selling my original and switching to the iphone last spring.
    Didn't realize how much I missed the screen and form factor of this phone and the smooth simplicity of bb10. I'm reminded now why I was so addicted to the passport when I first got it.
    Iphone is a great device and yes the apps work well and are all available but there's just something about the passport...keeps me coming back.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Just got myself a PP OG and sold my iphone SE

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 11:35 AM
    Merc looks better than Priv but it's not BB10. It's not a PASSPORT. If you didn't know better would you still be on Priv?

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-18-17 11:48 AM
    I switched back to my Passport/Classic pair from a Priv after one year. I like the Priv but missed the BB10 productivity. I did a full wipe and reset on the Passport and now it's super fast and snappy (it was getting to be pretty sluggish after 2-1/2 years). I think BlackBerry has done a great job with the Android stuff but for me email (and the BB10 Hub) is the most important "APP" and BB10 reigns supreme here.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and aboldcurve like this.
    01-18-17 12:19 PM
    Don't you find the White PP too slippery without a case? I still use my Seidio case but it's massive. Scared I'll drop the phone if I use it naked.
    Nooooo I got the firm grip haha. This isn't a phone you use with one hand, so with that being said the only time I'd use it one handed is to listen to music (BTW Music shortcuts to skip songs with volume rockers??? SO MISSED) or if I'm watching or reading something.

Otherwise if I'm doing bidness, I'm both hands and typing awaywith the firm grip. And my hands ain't really that big.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 08:23 PM
    I find this thread very interesting. I have never had an Android phone but am eyeing this new Mercury device as perhaps the phone that will enable me to leave BB10. There's only one problem...I really like BB10. My AT&T Passport is the best phone I've ever had. And before this I had a Q10 and a Z10. Got rid of an iPhone 4 to go to BB10 and was not sorry I did.

Seeing all of the responses to this thread I wonder if I shouldn't even bother with Android. Even with the Hub+ app, it sounds disjointed and clunky. What is the experience?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    I do enjoy the Priv experience, it's slick and honestly the hub works quite well imo. The keyboard on the Priv is small but my fingers sliiiiide across the pkb in combo with touch sensitivity and keyboard shortcuts?? Most productive andriod phone imo but ima bit biased...

I went to bb10 for the no BS simplicity. Something I can appreciate with bb10 and even Ios is all your essentials are built in making it all seamless and quick and even more efficient. Text app, file manager, music app, calender and email that isn't shoving Google services in my face. This phone is efficient straight BUSINESSES. If only the twitter and insta was up to par.

Bb10 is the best out of box operating system hands down. Apple has similar benefits but that's a shady company and insanely over priced for what it offers.

Posted via CB10
    Kommandant likes this.
    01-18-17 08:30 PM
    I've had multiples of all bb10 devices and recently bought a priv. It's a nice phone but the pkb is trash compared to the passport / classic. I used my classic for a while yesterday and didn't realise just how much better it was till I had it in hand again
    I haven't had the ...Privilege.. of using a classic. However I wouldn't say Priv keyboard is trash. It's superior in its own way simply. I honestly think I type faster with the Priv keyboard because the keys are less resistant, my fingers slide across that baby a lil better.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 08:32 PM
    I'm currently using a Priv and waiting to receive my SE on Thursday. Making the return to a BB10 device after 3 years away. My last BB10 device was a Z30 and I haven't had a full time qwerty device since my 9900. Just sick and tired of Android and I've been deleting more and more apps over the years.
    Same bro! I've been trying to live a simpler life, snapchat is filled with thotties and egotistical clowns anyways. And bb10 is a phone that manifests that well for me, no BS, just straight bidness.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 08:33 PM
    Merc looks better than Priv but it's not BB10. It's not a PASSPORT. If you didn't know better would you still be on Priv?

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    If I didn't know better? Not sure what you mean.

But I will say with comparing Priv to Merc. I like the Priv because it's truly SLICK af sliding that bad boy open to unlock your phone. Got me feeling like trinity in the Matrix hahah. Ain't nobody got that swagoo on their device.

My hopes with the Merc is the weight and the OS and of course the pricing. Otherwise I'll probably just stick with the Priv. Or get a sweet deal on a dtek. Who knows ?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 08:38 PM
    I do enjoy the Priv experience, it's slick and honestly the hub works quite well imo. The keyboard on the Priv is small but my fingers sliiiiide across the pkb in combo with touch sensitivity and keyboard shortcuts?? Most productive andriod phone imo but ima bit biased...

I went to bb10 for the no BS simplicity. Something I can appreciate with bb10 and even Ios is all your essentials are built in making it all seamless and quick and even more efficient. Text app, file manager, music app, calender and email that isn't shoving Google services in my face. This phone is efficient straight BUSINESSES. If only the twitter and insta was up to par.

Bb10 is the best out of box operating system hands down. Apple has similar benefits but that's a shady company and insanely over priced for what it offers.

Posted via CB10
    This is my experience as well. Having the true hub experience is priceless really. That and the email experience is so much better on OS10.
    01-18-17 11:26 PM
    U know got a Priv end of last year but not as happy and go back to my passport when I miss it but I can probably live going between phones don't bother me much but as they say app dialog is way better with priv/ I honestly prefer the Passport keyboard over the priv keyboard why do u all think
    01-19-17 03:22 PM
    U know got a Priv end of last year but not as happy and go back to my passport when I miss it but I can probably live going between phones don't bother me much but as they say app dialog is way better with priv/ I honestly prefer the Passport keyboard over the priv keyboard why do u all think
    They're both good in their own way. Passport is just straight business

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 10:23 AM
38 12