01-21-15 06:09 PM
37 12
tools
    I have been eyeing the Passport for weeks now. I'm using the Q10 and I love it a lot. But the screen is a little bit tiny for my need. The Classic could be perfect but spending 300 for a little bit bigger Q10 is probably not worth it IMO. So today I order a Passport I'm a big guy so the size is not of a problem. Other than that, I don't really see any worth-mentioning issues here. So yeah, wish me luck with the passport. I've never actually seen a PP before so don't really know what I'm about to witness in a few days lol.

I have one question though, other than the size, anybody see any other uncomfortable thing? Not to mention the defective units, software problems.

I used android before but when I move to BB10, it turns out that I don't really need all of those nonsense that I used to enjoy. And it's nice to have a pkb again.

Posted via CB10
    sharma6, jdesignz and manonthemoon like this.
    01-17-15 05:13 PM
    Here's a list of reviews to watch.
    I recommend PhoneDog's review, he summarizes quite well what to expect from the Passport, in real life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ou-buy-989729/
    Viet Ton likes this.
    01-17-15 05:17 PM
    Here's a list of reviews to watch.
    I recommend PhoneDog's review, he summarizes quite well what to expect from the Passport, in real life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ou-buy-989729/
    Wow, great list Thanks Now I will be less startled when the phone arrives
    01-17-15 05:35 PM
    You'll love the passport. It's pretty wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:37 PM
    It's a great phone, some adapt to it faster than others.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:38 PM
    Love my PP, wouldn't go back to a all glass slab again.

To my surprise, it wasn't as big as I expected, and anything else seems small now.
    01-17-15 05:40 PM
    I was also a Q10 user and I was not initially all that excited about the Passport. But I got to try one at the Heathrow Airport over the holidays and I was hooked.

Now I have had my Passport for 2 weeks. I commute on a subway and do email and browse the Web while standing just about every day. The Passport still feels a bit awkward to me. I am 6'1" and have big hands, and I can kind-of wrangle it with one hand, but I worry about dropping it.

The screen looks great and I can't stop playing with it, so I am happy. But, be prepared for a prolonged break-in period to get comfortable with it!

Would love to hear your review of the device once you get it!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:43 PM
    In the first few days with the PP I liked it. After two weeks I loved it. After two months I crank on the keyboard like my old Bold (typing under the table, etc.) It's an awesome device -- you'll love it

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:46 PM
    You have my emotional support OP.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-17-15 07:58 PM
    Same here, got it through amazon. Will be here Monday! Woohoo.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:11 PM
    I've never actually seen a PP before so don't really know what I'm about to witness in a few days lol.
    O boy, when you see it for the first time in the flesh, it will be a polarizing experience. NO matter how many web pics and reviews you read, nothing prepares you for this beast in real life.

I remember walking into my local carrier to see one just after it launched, and when I saw it, played with it, and walked out, all I was thinking was "am I making a mistake buying this? its soooo different, am I sure its right for me?".

Fast forward, and after a week or two of ownership and using it, BEST device ever, I can't go back to a narrow screen phone anymore.
    thymaster likes this.
    01-17-15 08:30 PM
    You will be rewarded for your faith. It's the best device I've ever had.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    thymaster likes this.
    01-17-15 08:53 PM
    BlackBerry faithful here, and I can honestly say that this is the best BB device I've ever had the pleasure of owning. And I've owned quite a few. After a quick learning curve you'll love it.
    thymaster likes this.
    01-17-15 09:08 PM
    I tried a Classic at a mobile store today side by side with a Passport. The screen of Passport is just stunning. Have been using Passport for a couple of months, I feel I can't go back to any narrow or small device. Too spoiled!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    thymaster likes this.
    01-17-15 11:18 PM
    I thought it was dann ugly. When it came out, I had to go play with it. Had to get one. 3 months later, dont regret it one bit! Best phone I ever had!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-17-15 11:28 PM
    The camera will be the most disappointment imo
    01-18-15 03:19 AM
    I just ordered mine too. Shelling out some big bucks for an unlocked one. Played around with friend's for a little bit and instantly hooked.
    01-18-15 03:30 AM
    Mine will be here Monday, the 19th.

Having trouble sleeping because of the anticipation. Just Sayin'!

T-Mobile  STL100-3 Z10 running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    thymaster likes this.
    01-18-15 07:26 AM
    Did the same thing. I came from a Q10 and I have never seen the Passport before. No regrets so far. I'm still struggling with the size sometimes when I'm on the road. It's not the most compact phone in the world. However, when you can use both hands and you have to work, this thing is priceless.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 08:38 AM
    You won't regret your purchase pal... you are buying real state: screen, form factor, physical keyboard, solid and trusty bb10, and as a result of all variables interacting as a whole ( a real system) you will get an astounding battery life...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    thymaster likes this.
    01-18-15 10:19 AM
    I'll have my Passport on Wednesday. Very much looking forward to it. I'm switching from an iPhone 6+.
    thymaster and ruben1975 like this.
    01-19-15 03:47 PM
    Try using the external hard case. Makes holding and typing so much better.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 04:00 PM
    I had a budget to buy any phone in the world, I choose the Passport. I don't regret it and not one bit jealous of any iPhone 6 or Samsung owners. The wide screen is a pleasant to read on and the OS gesture and navigation is a breeze.

Stay positive despite what other haters say about your phone and you will confidently love your Passport. Oh yes, there will be some of those kind of people looking to break you because you own a piece of technology that is out of this world different.
    01-19-15 04:12 PM
    I'll have my Passport on Wednesday. Very much looking forward to it. I'm switching from an iPhone 6+.
    Same. Mine should arrive Wednesday or Thursday and I'm coming from an iPhone 6+. I am excited to get started on the passport and that larger, square screen. And super excited for The Hub again! The Hub and Gestures really are such a great feature of the BB10 software!
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-19-15 07:10 PM
    Mine came today and let me say I'm very impressed. It's funny because only after a few minutes of use I already think my 6+ looks too narrow. The Passport seems extremely well build and I don't find it too wide at all. Initial impressions are VERY positive.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-20-15 11:41 AM
37 12