02-05-15 06:46 PM
73 123
tools
    I just made the same exact switch. You might put your sim card back in your iPhone once or twice before you respect the passport for what it's worth. I made a few of my iMessage folks download BBM and they like it better.

On the other hand, at the end of the day the Passport is much more official. There's no way I would've typed all this on an iPhone 6 plus touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 03:25 PM
    You will never cut corners on e-mail and text messages again! Welcome to the wonderful world of a keyboard, how text was meant to be written!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 04:35 PM
    BTW passport is a head turner! Ask everyone on here who has one they will tell you.

Posted via CB10
    And that is the truth...and it turns heads of everyone , all ages.

Welcome to team Passport! All I can suggest is get out here and read. Welcome to the forums!
    01-27-15 09:13 PM
    Sergio -

Here are things I found I liked which may not be immediately apparent:

1. Great search functionality built in, especially if you're a heavy email user. I downloaded 6 GB (10 years worth) of emails to the phone and the search function is really fast.
    Can I ask how you did this? I am now using IMAP but I have my old mail in outlook.pst files after downloading it in POP and would like to move this to my Passport with its 64GB sd card. If I could this my PC becomes a big screen, no need to sit at a desk to work....
    01-28-15 12:56 AM
    Ahh..... I hope I made the right choice! Just ordered a Black Berry Passport. I feel that so many people have a negative view on it that I feel that its only fair for a real techie with a following base to give it a try. Hopefully I enjoy the blackberry. I'm a bit nervous. My blackberry passport arrives on Tuesday so still haven't received it.

This is my first blackberry. Any tips/app suggestions? I come from an iPhone Plus but previously a big android user.

Thank you.

i followed this route too. no regrets.
    01-28-15 12:58 AM
    Just transitioned from Z30 to Passport today, and WOW, is this passport speedy. Everything's just so much quicker. I'm impressed. The keyboard is absolutely amazing.
    01-28-15 02:10 AM
    Guys I'm loving it with each passing hour lol. The only thing that could use improving is the app quality lol. However, I basically have the apps I use. I really wish excel was native. Other than that and a better IG app lol its basically awesome .

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 10:01 AM
    Guys I'm loving it with each passing hour lol. The only thing that could use improving is the app quality lol. However, I basically have the apps I use. I really wish excel was native. Other than that and a better IG app lol its basically awesome .

Posted via CB10
    Open Docs-To-Go. It has a native Excel program, although a little watered-down.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 10:53 AM
    Get mine today
    Loving the giant shark

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 02:01 PM
    Ahh..... I hope I made the right choice! Just ordered a Black Berry Passport. I feel that so many people have a negative view on it that I feel that its only fair for a real techie with a following base to give it a try. Hopefully I enjoy the blackberry. I'm a bit nervous. My blackberry passport arrives on Tuesday so still haven't received it.

This is my first blackberry. Any tips/app suggestions? I come from an iPhone Plus but previously a big android user.

Thank you.

Firstly Congratulations on your Purchase, you will enjoy the Passport the more you use it!

You will see how smooth the operating system is and how it simplifies daily tasks.

Install Google play store for those extra apps you may need, amazon lacks some apps.

Get a stylish case from Vaja cases, Noreve, Piel Frama or Stilgut!
    I got my case from Vaja!

Let us know how it goes when you get the device and start using it!

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2072
    01-28-15 02:09 PM
    I'm switching over tomorrow. I have had both iPhones and Android devices but seriously miss the keyboard and the seamless email integration. I am a big reader on my devices and hope Pocket and Press can be brought over. If not I will have to figure something out.
    01-28-15 05:18 PM
    I was an android and iphone user, but for 2 months I met Blackberry and I love It and its devices. Now I'm using Passport and so glad to own one, It rocks and don't miss Apple either android 'cause I can do everything and everything With a BB!!

Posted via Passport CB 10
    01-28-15 06:15 PM
    First of all congratulations on a wise move.

Not so much a tip as a matter of fact - if you are a camera addict then you need to accept the Passport is not on the same level as an iphone, so if you can be ok about that then you will never look at android or apple again. Sorry I mean you will never have to go back to an inferior OS again

Once you have adjusted to the physical keyboard after a day or so, I think you would really struggle with on screen typing, plus you have all the editing on the keyboard as it doubles up as a mouse type pad. You will have the best communication device you could ever imagine and excellent phone call quality and signals for sure.

I really hope do enjoy your Passport and let us all know how you get on
    01-28-15 06:34 PM
    Congratulations
    01-28-15 06:35 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user since the very first day they came out in the late 90s and have seen how BBM has really evolved. So I think BBM is fantastic and I have used imessage but I just find it lacks a lot of soul if that makes sense, something missing with it, maybe its me, but BBM just seems to tick the boxes and is not just functional but is reliable, fast and easy to use. What do you think?
    01-28-15 06:39 PM
    Make sure to get Lucky Patcher. It allows you to get control over those nasty and intrusive Android app permissions and takes away Google Play dependency. I consider a must if running android apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=947141

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-28-15 07:27 PM
    I'm switching over tomorrow. I have had both iPhones and Android devices but seriously miss the keyboard and the seamless email integration. I am a big reader on my devices and hope Pocket and Press can be brought over. If not I will have to figure something out.
    I use Pocket all the time. No worries!

01-28-15 07:28 PM
    There is an app in BBW called ReaditNow! which is native pocket client I think.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    01-28-15 08:50 PM
    There is an app in BBW called ReaditNow! which is native pocket client I think.
    That's it.

01-28-15 11:15 PM
    I moved from iphone 6 plus sold it for 610 and bought the white passport for 399 and still had cash left
    01-29-15 06:02 AM
    Congrats! Think you'll love this phone. I also hate typing on an iPhone!

I know you haven't had much time to use your phone yet, but to be even more productive, look into getting a USB OTG adapter, such as this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU11306323

Now you can read documents (word, powerpoint, etc) or play video right off of an external USB drive!
    01-29-15 03:12 PM
    Hi there . Does anyone know whether blackberry has cam scanner app ?? I am a switching from android to blackberry and I have lot of my data on that software.

Thanks
    02-05-15 12:20 PM
    Getting mine in 2 days. Now I hear some people are having issues with syncing to their corporate outlook. The PA makes a calendar entry on her desktop, but the boss cannot see it. Until he RESTARTS the passport!!! What's that all about?

Posted via CB10
    The refresh interval for the account likely needs to be changed under settings.
    Just switched to a BlackBerry PP from iPhone Plus-settingssample.png

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 06:46 PM
73 123