Refreshing... no more squinting to read... can't someone listen and reupdate the passport... please !!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    05-09-18 09:13 PM
    Refreshing... no more squinting to read... can't someone listen and reupdate the passport... please !!

Posted via CB10
    Pretty please.
    This would make a lot of us passport user's happy.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Qorax likes this.
    05-10-18 03:44 AM
    Won't/can't happen I'm afraid - BB10 is now a dead end, and any unofficial update would require BlackBerry compromising these device's hardware root-of-trust, which would lead to lawsuits left, right and centre from various governments and corporate bodies. Enjoy using your passport whilst you still can. I have just come to KeyOne via Passport, Q10 and Motion - the K1 is good, maybe you should wait for the inevitable PKB 'phablet' device in 6-12 months?
    05-10-18 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    The latest KEYone accessory, magnifying glass attachment....when a company spends millions developing a product, it means company messed up(not as likely) or we are in need of new glasses or prescription... LOL
    05-10-18 09:17 AM
    Welcome back, just beware it's an uphill struggle!

I quit using my Passport SE around November of last year, due to a work-related app that does not run well on BB10. I got a Galaxy S7 Active as my first Android phone and decided after months of trying, I absolutely cannot stand Android. I began using my PPSE again a month ago. Had to jump through a few hoops to update O/S 10.3.2 to 10.3.3 (no over-the-air update from my carrier), import some new root certificates from Amazon so that the browser would quit blocking a bunch of sites, and tweak my facebook shortcut to use "x.facebook.com" and set browser to desktop mode.

If I get put back into the situation of needing that app for work again I'm in trouble and I know it. Not sure what I'll do to resolve that issue but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Until then, I'm loving having my Passport back.

Richard
    rarsen likes this.
    05-10-18 11:30 AM
    Welcome back, just beware it's an uphill struggle!

I quit using my Passport SE around November of last year, due to a work-related app that does not run well on BB10. I got a Galaxy S7 Active as my first Android phone and decided after months of trying, I absolutely cannot stand Android. I began using my PPSE again a month ago. Had to jump through a few hoops to update O/S 10.3.2 to 10.3.3 (no over-the-air update from my carrier), import some new root certificates from Amazon so that the browser would quit blocking a bunch of sites, and tweak my facebook shortcut to use "x.facebook.com" and set browser to desktop mode.

If I get put back into the situation of needing that app for work again I'm in trouble and I know it. Not sure what I'll do to resolve that issue but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Until then, I'm loving having my Passport back.

Richard
    A KEYone or KEYtwo will definitely get you closer to that experience than any Samsung.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-10-18 11:44 AM
    A KEYone or KEYtwo will definitely get you closer to that experience than any Samsung.
    I understand you "BB10 is dead" guys are like evangelists, but regardless of what hardware it's on...doesn't mean I will like being forced to use Android.

Richard
    05-10-18 01:03 PM
    I am looking to get back into my Blackberry passport as well. I think my battery died on me. I did a reload of software and it will turn on when connected to the wall charger, but once I unplug it, it dies. Just ordered a battery off ebay, hopefully this will fix the issue for me. Unless I am missing something?
    05-10-18 01:17 PM
    I understand you "BB10 is dead" guys are like evangelists, but regardless of what hardware it's on...doesn't mean I will like being forced to use Android.

Richard
    Nothing to do with BB10 is dead nonsense. Definitely meant as helpful reply since I’m the one that is accused of trolling on here by many of the remaining diehards. That being said ;-)

BBAndroid is definitely much better than regular Android. Even downloading the BBAndroid suite is not as good if you’re looking to duplicate BB10. The BBAndroid experience has really improved from PRIV-DTEK to KEYone-Motion. It’s not perfect, however, that’s partly due to limitations imposed by Alphabet/Google/Android.
    rarsen and anon(9188202) like this.
    05-10-18 04:19 PM
    Point taken. Perhaps I'm a little hypersensitive to it because it's so prevalent here. Some responders are possibly not aware they are replying to a thread in a BB10-related section, others are very obviously trolling. As far as genuinely helpful replies, I get it when you see someone that is clearly in the dark about the current state of BB10. Then there's the rest of us that are fully aware (as in my previous reply in this thread "it's an uphill struggle") - some of us aren't quite ready to let go and are interested in helping each other work around the issues to hopefully find solutions, as fleeting as those may be. I know I'll eventually have to give up BB10, but I'd like to keep using it as long as reasonably possible.

Richard
    05-10-18 05:22 PM
    I too am back to my OG black Passport. I'm making it my mission to use it as intended, ie NO or very very few Android apps (sideloaded or Amazon). I am scraping BB World clean for native BB10 apps instead. The UI is still the best.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-18 04:08 AM
    on Phone is pleasant to use, PKB is great, lots of trouble using apps I need, back into the drawer, sadly...
    05-11-18 09:10 AM
    So, a whole day and a half?

Which apps were giving you trouble? Some may have solutions or replacements. Long shot but might be worth trying?

Richard
    05-11-18 09:35 AM
    on Phone is pleasant to use, PKB is great, lots of trouble using apps I need, back into the drawer, sadly...
    Sometimes we forget the pain of the past.... It's like getting back with an old girlfriend, and then remembering why you broke up in the 1st place.
    05-11-18 02:23 PM
    Sometimes we forget the pain of the past.... It's like getting back with an old girlfriend, and then remembering why you broke up in the 1st place.
    Ah, that refreshing feeling seeing her scurry to the curb for the waiting taxi... thence opening the door, peering out, and hollering at the top of my lungs "NEXT" ...one of life's rare moments of refreshment and full fledged freedom, man !!
    05-11-18 03:10 PM
    . Just ordered a battery off ebay, hopefully this will fix the issue for me.
    Passport battery is replaceable?!?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-18 03:20 PM
    Passport battery is replaceable?!?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's just a bit of a job to get in there to do it. Speaking as someone who has replaced a keyboard on a PPSE, not much fun. Should be teardown videos on youtube geared towards the battery job.

Richard
    05-11-18 07:58 PM
    Yeah all 9 of you..

Posted via CB10
    Funny guy..

As the late, great Groucho Marks said:

"I don't want to be a part of any club that would accept me as a member"

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-11-18 10:32 PM
    yup, just replaced it last night. My passport is back in business.
    05-12-18 07:33 AM
    I miss my Passport.

I also miss my hair.

Sigh...
    05-12-18 08:30 AM
    I have a Keyone and DtEC 60. I also have a PP which I like to go hack to on occasion like right now. I know it will never happen but I'd by some minor miracle they were to come out with a PP running the Latest Android OS I would be all over that.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-18 09:06 AM
    I didn't quit. I simply can't stand either Android or iOS. Both come with good and bad.
    Still in love with Passport, but I did get an iPhone to make up the app gap and the most important, camera, and besides, it is tiny and convenient to carry around, even with two devices.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-12-18 10:09 AM
    Saying BB10 is dead isn't trolling it's the truth and this is coming from someone that loved the BB10.
    Practically everyone is aware the OS is obsolete. Repeating it over and over in a forum FOR BB10 is trolling. People are in here to work around issues related to using BB10. Maybe you didn't notice this is a subforum under "BlackBerry 10 Phones and OS" ?

BB10 is dead..move on with your lives people lol
    Not so good at taking your own advice, seeing as you're posting in a BB10 forum.

Richard
    falbo, SmileDahling and mikael11 like this.
    05-12-18 02:11 PM
    My android phone crashed and I decided against buying another android after I saw that Google duplex presentation. Call me paranoid, but that 'hmm' in the presentation freaked me out. While I was waiting for my new phone order to come through (another fruit company) I fired up my beloved passport se. Can't believe how much I've actually missed it. Nothing beats blackberry in email management. I know this has been discussed to death but it's a shame that such a wonderful OS is going to waste. My order has come but I'm reluctant to start using the other phone. Sure there is an app gap but seriously if you stay away from them for a week, you do come to realise that you don't really need these apps. No defending the app gap situation at all, I just think that we all put ourselves as slaves to apps. The fluidity and functionality of bbos never ceases to amaze me to an extent that I am seriously considering using this beast till EOL. Let's see how that goes

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-13-18 03:41 AM
    My android phone crashed and I decided against buying another android after I saw that Google duplex presentation. Call me paranoid, but that 'hmm' in the presentation freaked me out. While I was waiting for my new phone order to come through (another fruit company) I fired up my beloved passport se. Can't believe how much I've actually missed it. Nothing beats blackberry in email management. I know this has been discussed to death but it's a shame that such a wonderful OS is going to waste. My order has come but I'm reluctant to start using the other phone. Sure there is an app gap but seriously if you stay away from them for a week, you do come to realise that you don't really need these apps. No defending the app gap situation at all, I just think that we all put ourselves as slaves to apps. The fluidity and functionality of bbos never ceases to amaze me to an extent that I am seriously considering using this beast till EOL. Let's see how that goes

Posted via CB10
    When BB10 devices truly go EOL, best thing would be getting a BB Android and disabling as much of Google as you feel the need to.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-13-18 04:03 AM
53 123