Thanks for the suggestions Conite.

I tried all of the above, even on Windows 7 and 10 and keep getting the 'could not connect to Blackberry Device manager ' error.

Could it be that I haven't finished the setup on the passport? It seems redundant to load 10.3.3.1435 (I think that it was A T and T branded) which is what the setup is suggesting.

Any other ideas? Or should I just live with 1435?.. I would prefer the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    What exactly happens when you plug your Passport into a Windows 10 machine? Is there a connection with Windows File Explorer to map your Passport's drive (and sd card if you have one)? And does BlackBerry Link software automatically start up? If not, then you need the drivers for usb for the Passport. Sorry if answered but I did not read the total thread.
    10-23-19 11:59 AM
    I'm assuming you previously installed the driver portion of the BlackBerry Link package?
    No....the screen on the passport talks about loading Blend, but I just dismiss it and then try the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 03:43 PM
    What exactly happens when you plug your Passport into a Windows 10 machine? Is there a connection with Windows File Explorer to map your Passport's drive (and sd card if you have one)? And does BlackBerry Link software automatically start up? If not, then you need the drivers for usb for the Passport. Sorry if answered but I did not read the total thread.
    The Blackberry drive does appear when I plug in the passport and then asks what I want to do with it....i tell it to do nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 03:45 PM
    No....the screen on the passport talks about loading Blend, but I just dismiss it and then try the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Download the Link package onto your PC, and install the drivers only. Not Blend or Link - just the drivers.
    10-23-19 03:51 PM
    The Blackberry drive does appear when I plug in the passport and then asks what I want to do with it....i tell it to do nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Do what conite says OR when the window with choices comes up on your device as you described to me above, let your device install the drivers etc instead of tapping "nothing". Should work.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 04:31 PM
    Do what conite says OR when the window with choices comes up on your device as you described to me above, let your device install the drivers etc instead of tapping "nothing". Should work.

Posted via CB10
    Conite/brookie...I am in the window that comes up on the device... I see the drivers folder and files, but how do I install these and not Blend?...I apologize if this is a dumd question

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 05:38 PM
    The window that comes up when the device. Is connected to the pc

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 05:39 PM
    Conite/brookie...I am in the window that comes up on the device... I see the drivers folder and files, but how do I install these and not Blend?...I apologize if this is a dumd question

Posted via CB10
    That's an option, yes.
    10-23-19 05:41 PM
    The window that comes up when the device. Is connected to the pc

Posted via CB10
    Just uncheck the small blue boxes next to Blend and Link.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 05:46 PM
    Ok but when prompted to run start.exe, Blend begins to load. I don't see how to just load the drivers even though I see the drivers folder.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 05:47 PM
    Just uncheck the small blue boxes next to Blend and Link.

Posted via CB10
    There are no little blue boxes. The readme file indicates that you can install either link or drivers, but when I hit start, Blend begins to install. I am on windows 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 05:50 PM
    There are no little blue boxes. The readme file indicates that you can install either link or drivers, but when I hit start, Blend begins to install. I am on windows 10.

Posted via CB10
    I would just let everything install from your Passport. I find that Blend and Link also will work better that way although ymmv.
    10-23-19 05:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just let it install then? Can always uninstall later...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 05:57 PM
    I would just let everything install from your Passport. I find that Blend and Link also will work better that way although ymmv.
    Will do and thanks everybody.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 05:59 PM
    Download the Link package onto your PC, and install the drivers only. Not Blend or Link - just the drivers.
    Okay I did this... but now having device mounting blackberry volumes error. I reconnect the passport and keep getting the same error

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 06:32 PM
    Okay I did this... but now having device mounting blackberry volumes error. I reconnect the passport and keep getting the same error

Posted via CB10
    Reboot computer and Passport.
    10-23-19 06:39 PM
    I did reboot the computer... with the error maintained but will reboot the pp

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 06:42 PM
    Reboot computer and Passport.
    Same error after rebooting both

So there is no bbid for this phone as it is new and will be wiped with the autoloader. Is that a potential issue? Do I have to set up a blackberry id first?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by z10Jobe; 10-23-19 at 07:02 PM.
    10-23-19 06:49 PM
    Same error after rebooting both

So there is no bbid for this phone as it is new and will be wiped with the autoloader. Is that a potential issue? Do I have to set up a blackberry id first?

Posted via CB10
    You don't set up your BBID first. It gets setup when you first boot the phone.

Try another cable, port, or computer. There is something wrong with your connection.
    10-23-19 07:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's because mounting the volumes requires SMB v1 to be enabled in Windows 10 (which had disabled it by default since the fall 2017 update). I'm assuming you are trying on a Win 10 machine again. Although I've heard that a Win 7 update disabled it too recently.

Is all this still just to get the autoloader running? Once the drivers are loaded you don't need anything else, Link or Blend. Just connect the phone via USB, and then try double-clicking the autoloader exe file again.

The autoloader does not need the SMB v1 protocol to access the phone. It has its own way of seeing the phone as long as the USB drivers are there. The Windows file system does not need to see the volumes on the phone for the autoloader to work.
    10-23-19 07:06 PM
    That's because mounting the volumes requires SMB v1 to be enabled in Windows 10 (which had disabled it by default since the fall 2017 update). I'm assuming you are trying on a Win 10 machine again. Although I've heard that a Win 7 update disabled it too recently.

Is all this still just to get the autoloader running? Once the drivers are loaded you don't need anything else, Link or Blend. Just connect the phone via USB, and then try double-clicking the autoloader exe file again.

The autoloader does not need the SMB v1 protocol to access the phone. It has its own way of seeing the phone as long as the USB drivers are there. The Windows file system does not need to see the volumes on the phone for the autoloader to work.
    Thanks Joel... I will try that in a bit. I got the volumes error and assumed that the autoloader would not work. Yes it is Windows 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 07:12 PM
    You don't set up your BBID first. It gets setup when you first boot the phone.

Try another cable, port, or computer. There is something wrong with your connection.
    Thanks Conite.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 07:14 PM
    Thank you Conite, Joel, Brookie and Ben for all your assistance and patience. My black passport is now on 10.3.3.3216.

Autoloader worked great and was surprisingly quick when up and running.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-23-19 09:30 PM
    Good to hear.

Enjoy.
    10-23-19 09:36 PM
99 ... 234