Finally!! 24 hours after receiving the phone, I have now switched over from my Z10 to this gorgeous beast of a phone .

Transfer - gosh, it was a headache initially. I could not get BB Link to backup my Z10, so tried the deviceswitch app on both devices. That did not work as it kept falling over while trying to transfer the pictures on my Z10. So re-downloaded Link, Blend, and the drivers and then rebooted my laptop to finally get it to work. Set up my email accounts as a minimum, but yet to look at my settings, etc...that's for later! Everything else appears to have transferred correctly.

1st impressions
    Screen dispay: beautiful and very vibrant. Emails and pictures just looks so much better!

Keyboard: I expected a challenge and I have definitely got one!! I will need to get used to the typing form and best way to utilise the combination of the physical keyboard and the onscreen keyboard...so far my typing is slowwww! As a lot of people have mentioned, I think BB definitely mis-stepped with the space bar size. I will probably get used to typing with it. Coming from the Z10 virtual keyboard, the experience so far has been slightly frustrating...I just need to learn new habits!

I think I also need to go through the tips on the forum to discover how best to use this gorgeous beast...loving that I don't have to worry about the Z10 battery issues...loved the phone though and will keep it as a backup.

Despite my initial typing woes...I'm happy I made the switch!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:04 AM
    Finally!! 24 hours after receiving the phone, I have now switched over from my Z10 to this gorgeous beast of a phone .

Transfer - gosh, it was a headache initially. I could not get BB Link to backup my Z10, so tried the deviceswitch app on both devices. That did not work as it kept falling over while trying to transfer the pictures on my Z10. So re-downloaded Link, Blend, and the drivers and then rebooted my laptop to finally get it to work. Set up my email accounts as a minimum, but yet to look at my settings, etc...that's for later! Everything else appears to have transferred correctly.

1st impressions
    Screen dispay: beautiful and very vibrant. Emails and pictures just looks so much better!

Keyboard: I expected a challenge and I have definitely got one!! I will need to get used to the typing form and best way to utilise the combination of the physical keyboard and the onscreen keyboard...so far my typing is slowwww! As a lot of people have mentioned, I think BB definitely mis-stepped with the space bar size. I will probably get used to typing with it. Coming from the Z10 virtual keyboard, the experience so far has been slightly frustrating...I just need to learn new habits!

I think I also need to go through the tips on the forum to discover how best to use this gorgeous beast...loving that I don't have to worry about the Z10 battery issues...loved the phone though and will keep it as a backup.

Despite my initial typing woes...I'm happy I made the switch!

Posted via CB10
    Congratulations!
    If you come from a virtual keyboard than you will have to get used to the physical keyboard and yes the on screen keyboard takes some time to get used to. But remember, the Passport is a completely different experience so give it some time. After a few days it will get better and the Z10 will fell very tiny and awkward ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 08:18 AM
    Should have gotten the red one. Super sweet.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 08:30 AM
    give it time... i used to miss the space bar a lot, with v or b in the middle of two words and then, back to correct it... however, over time (i have had mine since Sept/Oct i believe) you get used to it... also, your thumbs tips will be soared for a while, due to the change from virtual to actually press a button... i love this device, i hope you do as well... good luck!
    06-16-15 09:19 AM
    give it time... i used to miss the space bar a lot, with v or b in the middle of two words and then, back to correct it... however, over time (i have had mine since Sept/Oct i believe) you get used to it... also, your thumbs tips will be soared for a while, due to the change from virtual to actually press a button... i love this device, i hope you do as well... good luck!
    Thanks! Yes...definitely sore thumbs at the moment and a happy chappy so far. I am in awe about the display!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 09:28 AM
    Red one is a wise choice!

Posted via CB10
    Dafunkhead likes this.
    06-16-15 12:19 PM
    Any update just curious. Saved up and about to take the plunge myself.

Posted with Z30
    06-19-15 06:47 PM

Posted with Z30
    Just take the plunge. No regret.
    Just in case you need an upgrade, selling a red Passport is much easier than selling a black or white one.

Posted via CB10 on my RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Optimus4 likes this.
    06-19-15 07:59 PM
    Just take the plunge. No regret.
    Just in case you need an upgrade, selling a red Passport is much easier than selling a black or white one.

Posted via CB10 on my RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    That's good to know!

Via my Red Passport
    06-20-15 01:33 AM
    I went from z10 to the passport and expected to swap but due to the different aims it's not been possible and to be honest I haven't missed the z10 since. The passport is great and gets regular comments from iPhone users! It's nice to be different and stand out.

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    06-20-15 04:45 AM

Posted with Z30
    Go for it!! The passport is brilliant and as everyone else has said, you definitely stand out with one! . Love the Red Passport and I am getting better with the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:51 AM
    I HATE YOU!

enjoy it, bro!

Posted via CB10
    Dafunkhead likes this.
    06-20-15 05:02 AM
    Be happy!
    Show it off...especially on here!
    How is it working?
    How is that back feel? rubberized? slippery?

I could see a Ferrari sticker on the back of that red Passport phone!!
    06-20-15 08:55 AM
    Be happy!
    Show it off...especially on here!
    How is it working?
    How is that back feel? rubberized? slippery?

I could see a Ferrari sticker on the back of that red Passport phone!!
    I'm using my passport with a Ringke fusion case..a very good compliment (I must add)... however I don't think the back is slippery..feels fine to me. What's werid though, is that I remove the Ringke case now to type this and the passport felt more balanced and comfortable to type on....maybe just me...I am too tired after a very long day!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 02:49 PM
    I can see where you are coming from, I graduated to a surreal White colour Passport from a lowly Z3 on virtual KB. I felt knackered with anxiety about the size and and physical KB but it all worked out well and now I own a most advanced smart phone under the sun.
    GeoK likes this.
    06-20-15 04:07 PM
    I took the passport out a few times while out shopping and at a party, and quite a few people commented on how beautiful and 'different' it was...and yes, they were all surprised it was a Blackberry!!

I do wonder why this is the case...not to beat the usual 'Marketing Strategy' drum...but surely BB can/should do better. Ol well, it kinda gives an exclusivity feel to it...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:28 PM
    Exclusivity feel to it...

that's awesome dude!
    Yes, I agree. It's true.
    Someone just commented to me tonight about my Passport.
    Couldn't help but show off the keyboard and the touch scroll from it.

I took the passport out a few times while out shopping and at a party, and quite a few people commented on how beautiful and 'different' it was...and yes, they were all surprised it was a Blackberry!!

I do wonder why this is the case...not to beat the usual 'Marketing Strategy' drum...but surely BB can/should do better. Ol well, it kinda gives an exclusivity feel to it...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GeoK; 06-21-15 at 06:52 AM.
    Dafunkhead likes this.
    06-20-15 09:56 PM
    Very jealous!!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 11:28 PM
43 12