I'm a long time iPhone user and bought the Priv. Been getting sucked into the world of Blackberry and just purchased the Passport SE, because it looks so damn beautiful and want a phone that is strictly for my business, so the app situation doesn't really factor in here. Only worry is that it is bbos10, but seeing that they have a ton of enterprise users, can't see it going away in a year or even 2. I'll post pics when it arrives, but should be here tomorrow - super excited about it and I'll leave my thoughts at a later time.
    02-17-16 12:24 PM
    Don't worry BlackBerry 10 will survive. Proprietary apps are going away too. Tablets can be used for app gap.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    02-17-16 12:46 PM
    I look forward to reading what you think. I'm thinking of getting one.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 12:47 PM
    You will love it. I bought iPhone to replace my SE, but I sold iPhone after 2 weeks of use because I could not live without SE. Emails, keyboard, screen, etc is something that nobody does better today than BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul, texn884, BBeast and 1 others like this.
    02-17-16 01:16 PM
    BTW BlackBerry OS10 will not die any time soon if will at all.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and BBeast like this.
    02-17-16 01:17 PM
    BTW BlackBerry OS10 will not die any time soon if will at all.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you say this with any confidence? It is not at all logical. The company is not going to survive based on anything to do with BlackBerry 10 OS revenues, that's very clear. I'm not sure what alternative reality the people on this forum inhabit. And btw I wish you were correct. I've owned BlackBerry devices since their first one and now am a Passport devotee. But this is temporary and that is really so obvious at this point.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 04:00 PM
    After considerable deliberation I ordered a Passport SE a few days ago. It arrived yesterday and while my Iphone disciple wife and children initially laughed at its size etc, they have been increasingly inquisitive as to what it can be used for, the ease of the keyboard and how much it cost? I'm now sitting here smugly smiling at the quality of the product and the ease with which I have managed to get it up and running. Money well spent! I may however need to lean on you Passport Veterans out there to help me get the most out of it.
    rarsen and BerrySoul like this.
    02-17-16 04:17 PM
    After considerable deliberation I ordered a Passport SE a few days ago. It arrived yesterday and while my Iphone disciple wife and children initially laughed at its size etc, they have been increasingly inquisitive as to what it can be used for, the ease of the keyboard and how much it cost? I'm now sitting here smugly smiling at the quality of the product and the ease with which I have managed to get it up and running. Money well spent! I may however need to lean on you Passport Veterans out there to help me get the most out of it.

you bought the best phone in the market today..
    02-17-16 04:33 PM
    Why do you say this with any confidence? It is not at all logical. The company is not going to survive based on anything to do with BlackBerry 10 OS revenues, that's very clear. I'm not sure what alternative reality the people on this forum inhabit. And btw I wish you were correct. I've owned BlackBerry devices since their first one and now am a Passport devotee. But this is temporary and that is really so obvious at this point.

Posted via CB10

some of the comments stating that Chen is abandoning os10 was faulty, BlackBerry is even increasing os10 security and development.
    BBeast likes this.
    02-17-16 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's perfectly logical even if BlackBerry decide to 100% abandon OS10, it wouldn't stop suddenly working?

I say this as here in Jamaica and I suspect many places there are a lot of people still using BBOS7 quite happily, 9900, torches ,etc the main Internet provider here FLOW has new 9720 for $200 selling off contract
    There is still a good 2-3yrs+ life in BB10 and probably longer if you are happy now

Just purchased SE-img_20151216_091905.jpg

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    BBeast and coffeeaddict305 like this.
    02-18-16 04:56 PM
    My lovely Passport. The one and only!
    Just purchased SE-bb-passport-se.jpg

  
    IcYthemes likes this.
    02-18-16 05:32 PM
    I have had the SE Passport for two weeks now (after a year with Android) and I do not miss much from Android system. The PP is so easy to use, very high quality, and is an attention grabber. It also does not have the sluggishness my Z10 had - the PP is blazing fast with a high end browser and file management system. You can also easily download all your ITunes to your PP.
    Good luck - you will have no buyer's remorse.
    02-18-16 09:57 PM
    I have the Passport SE since mid October 2015 and it's just a dream, become reality, in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 01:52 AM
    I have the Passport SE since mid October 2015 and it's just a dream, become reality, in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    Very close to how I would describe my Passport SE experience. This phone does so much with ease!

And I keep finding more capabilities by surprise all the time.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-19-16 05:15 AM
    If the phone is strictly for business, and you're using an Exchange ActiveSync server, I don't think you will have any worries. On my nearly five year old (long-abandoned) HP Pre3, EAS is almost the only thing that works without a software patch. Since Outlook.com has EAS, it still works well too.

The point is, MS changes its business products very slowly, so if you're using business standard MS tech, it should work for a long time, regardless of BlackBerry's commitment to BB10.

That being said, if you're reliant on GMail, Yahoo, etc., you will likely have problems within a couple of years (but a couple of years is the typical lifespan of a phone). Independent developers have had to create security certificate updates so that webOS users can access those services, and there have been significant "outages" while they were putting together the fixes. I'm not sure that those kind of fixes are possible with BB10. Even if they are, I wouldn't count on devs to stick around that long. webOS has been open sourced, always had a strong open source developer community, and is easy to patch.
    02-19-16 10:18 AM
    Nice score... one of a kind. There is nothing like this.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-19-16 11:34 AM
    The Passport SE is so sweet.

I like to leave it on the table when I eat and almost every time someone says is that a new BlackBerry?
    The other day at breakfast the waitress saw it and said WOW that is a cool BlackBerry and took it to her mom in the kitchen and showed her and said he mom has a old BB slider and loves it.

BlackBerry rules
    02-19-16 02:43 PM
    The best way to run mobile email is with a Microsoft active exchange account. As low as $4.00 a month. Anything else is risky and not worth the free price!
    02-20-16 12:13 PM
    The best way to run mobile email is with a Microsoft active exchange account. As low as $4.00 a month. Anything else is risky and not worth the free price!
    What this suppose to mean?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 02:24 PM
    Jungle Jim knows. Gi Joe is there!

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    02-20-16 04:37 PM