for what you got it for its fine if you would have gotten a brand spanking overpriced one direct from bb i could have said .......
    05-21-16 10:48 AM
    nice phone but send it back b4 ur 30 days is done. bb10 looks dead. its an android ios world .
    BB10 might look Dead. But there are a lot of People still working hard to make things work.

We have Android Support also on our BlackBerry Passport's.

We can run BB10 and Android in the same time. So we have 2 OS!

And by the way there is also a Browser that you can use for things if no App available and Browsers don't use so much Battery like an Android App ;P

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    EdwardQ10 likes this.
    05-21-16 11:16 AM
    for what you got it for its fine if you would have gotten a brand spanking overpriced one direct from bb i could have said .......
    It depends on how you see the investment, based on your personal usage. I recently bought a brand new Passport SE in the $400+ range, and after using it for about a month, I feel that it was worth every penny.

Now, had I shelled out $600 - $700 for the Priv (which I almost considered), I think I'd be harboring some serious doubts in my mind right about now.
    05-21-16 11:19 AM
    Too bad blackberry is not making it any easier... imagine they would unlock the bootloader.
    Or add fully working google play services with android apps integration to HUB, etc. <this woudl be the easiest course of action, that woudl make all the users happy
    05-21-16 11:25 AM
    I softened the title a little and deleted 3 posts (no warns/infractions), HOWEVER remember....

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    05-21-16 11:36 AM
    In the light of WhatsApp pulling the plug on their client and facebook only being on BB10 through a hacked API's... Oh, and not to forget that BB10 is in maintenance mode with no real future development in sight.

Now the reasons I purchased: I bought the device due to the fact I've aways been eyeing up the Passport SE, but due to its high price tag, and it's form factor, I held off until now. I saw a great deal on ebay today: New, only been used to carrier unlock the device for �240.

I'm currently a Q10 user and a lover of BB10. Spending the last days with BB10 using its greatest device, the Passport, will be the way to end my BB10 story.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Very good decision!

I was also a Q10 user, but when I walked out of CarPhoneWarehouse in January 2015 with my new Passport (original), I had huge doubts whether I had made a huge mistake....
    ... within a couple of hours I realised that I had NOT made a mistake at all, and that the Passport is the best phone I have ever owned.

Should anything catastrophic happen to my Passport (original) I'll be purchasing a Passport SE immediately (I think the SE's rounded corners are an improvement over the original's 'sharp' corners, as 'sharp' corners sometimes catch on the pocket linings of old jackets...).

Hope your Passport is as good for you as mine is for me.
    05-21-16 12:11 PM
    if you are asking for opinions whether or not this is a good purchase, i would say no
    05-21-16 06:08 PM
    if you are asking for opinions whether or not this is a good purchase, i would say no
    If you say no. Please give your reason also why?

It is always sad for me to hear that people dislike the BlackBerry Passport & BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-21-16 06:58 PM
    It is a good decision. I just bought one as well yesterday and it should arrive next week.
    05-21-16 08:54 PM
    If you say no. Please give your reason also why?

It is always sad for me to hear that people dislike the BlackBerry Passport & BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.

i had mine since launch day, now it is just slow, laggy and constantly crashes. and the size is becoming a bit cumbersome
    05-21-16 09:35 PM
    I wouldn't do it. But it might be a good decision for you. I actually like many things about my Passport, but the app inconvenience is real. I have to manually do a lot of things to remove the app gap, sometimes it does feel too much to me now.
    05-21-16 09:37 PM
    PRIV
    05-22-16 12:10 AM
    Ive had hall the bb10 phones. Last one i had was silver passport. Heard about the priv announcement. Sent my sliver passport back to blackberry. Best move i ever did. No more crashing android apps. Yaaaay. Thought i'd never go android. Since the priv had the marshmallow update. Its great phone. Just never looked back. In the end. I'm still a blackberry user.
    05-22-16 12:13 AM
    love the passport SE, I have the Priv and I miss my passport. I may have to get one if I can find a good deal.
    05-22-16 02:11 AM
    Ive had hall the bb10 phones. Last one i had was silver passport. Heard about the priv announcement. Sent my sliver passport back to blackberry. Best move i ever did. No more crashing android apps. Yaaaay. Thought i'd never go android. Since the priv had the marshmallow update. Its great phone. Just never looked back. In the end. I'm still a blackberry user.
    I'm curious: With Marshmallow installed on your Priv, how many hours/days can you heavily use the phone without having to plug and charge?
    05-22-16 02:13 AM
    i had mine since launch day, now it is just slow, laggy and constantly crashes. and the size is becoming a bit cumbersome
    I think you need to security wipe your device to fix the issues your having. If you don't wish to do that I'd recommend that you clear some space on your device storage. When my Q10 runs low on space it slows down.

05-22-16 11:59 AM
    I wouldn't do it. But it might be a good decision for you. I actually like many things about my Passport, but the app inconvenience is real. I have to manually do a lot of things to remove the app gap, sometimes it does feel too much to me now.
    I'm well aware of the app ecosystem on BB10 (or shall I say lack of) as I've had my Q10 for nearly three years now.

05-22-16 12:04 PM
    I think I am going to get an SE while the sale is on now. Even though I have a relatively new Nexus 6. Bad decision? Whatever you want...is what I say.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-22-16 02:04 PM
    I love having two. Att and SE. BBOS ARCHIVE. For 2813. Such a perfect device.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 02:33 PM
    honestly it lasts me 7:30 am - 5:30 pm batteries about 55-66 percent. I'm constantly texting, calls, surfing the net and candy crushing. B4 the update the battery was trash.
    05-24-16 10:34 PM
    Very good decision and a smart one.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 02:13 AM
    Very good decision and a smart one.

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain please what you mean with a smart one?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    05-26-16 10:05 AM
    I already own a black Passport (been using it for 1.5 yrs), but if I had the money, I'd gladly buy an SE also!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 10:17 AM
    honestly it lasts me 7:30 am - 5:30 pm batteries about 55-66 percent. I'm constantly texting, calls, surfing the net and candy crushing. B4 the update the battery was trash.
    Thanks for the feedback - that's good information. I'm not familiar with how the MM updates work...with the Priv, do you have to wait for them to come from your phone provider (Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.), or can you get them faster elsewhere (maybe directly through Blackberry's site)?
    05-26-16 05:47 PM
    My Passport SE arrived a week ago and it had an issue where it would frequently restart and get hot in the to right corner. Luckily, the seller on ebay gave me a refund. I had noticed that shop BlackBerry had their mayt madness sale on (thanks to Crackberry articles) and I'm now waiting on one coming. Sorry to bump an old thread!

I might make an another thread talking about my initial thoughts on regards to the Passport. I was really impressed by it when I ignore the fact I had a defective unit.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 06:04 AM
53 123