So here is the story.
    I have been a BBRY user for about 15 years. From one of the first monochrome screens, through 7290 with blue tooth, to the "one that had web browser"... to Pasport.
    I am reading these threads where people complain about lack of apps, features that are not like other phones etc. I get it. I really do. Not every product is for every person. But I think that BBRY is truly an amazing phone, and BB10 is the best OS hands down.
    Now, do not take me wrong. There are things that could improve, but there are things that other OS' could improve as well. What I am trying to say is that what we often do is this... I wish PP had a IOS camers, Android screen, windows phone skype etc.
    What we do is we want to have the best of every other OS jammed into our phones. We pick and choose what we would like, and if we do not get it we complain and *****.

Not that this particularly bothers me, but I truly believe that BBRY is the best OS/phone that you can have if you want to get things done. I know that I will repeat many other viewes shared here, but BBRY is for people that do work, and want to be productive. If you are looking for a game console, there are better choices out there. No other phone/OS out there is a complete solution that would be able to replace my PP. And I have tried both Android and iPhone. Not that they are not good pnones. They really are. Just not for me.
    Sure there are features that I would like to have if I could pick and chose, but don't you think that IOS, and Android are saying the same thing...?

Now a point of view... when I had BBRY years back, not too many people had them. It was somewhat of exclusive club. It was for "business people" and for "important people". Than BBRY went mainstream, and I was seing every kid on the street typing at one of those Curves. To be honest with you, I felt kind of sad. I was no longer "special" since every kid on the street had one.

Now that BBRY went off the map, and is no longer mainstream, I actually do not mind it. I feel special again, and all of you guys should as well. How many Passports are out there? Few thousands? Perhaps more, but in a sea of smartphones, this is a very exclusive group. We know what we have. Sometimes we try and convince others that this is a good platform/phone. Sometimes we are successful, but sometimes we are not. In either case, we really know how good our phones are. We know how productive, effective and powerful they are.
    So what I am trying to say, instead of whining and complaining on the forums, we should be talking more about how great the phones are, and how well they do for us when we need to get stuff done!

That's it. Just my 2 cents.
    07-18-15 06:02 PM
    Nice observation and very original POV. I hope you enjoy that feeling for the time being, as I think BB will rebound nicely in the near future and you might start seeing them BlackBerries more often.
    07-18-15 06:29 PM
    So here is the story.
    I have been a BBRY user for about 15 years. From one of the first monochrome screens, through 7290 with blue tooth, to the "one that had web browser"... to Pasport.
    I am reading these threads where people complain about lack of apps, features that are not like other phones etc. I get it. I really do. Not every product is for every person. But I think that BBRY is truly an amazing phone, and BB10 is the best OS hands down.
    Now, do not take me wrong. There are things that could improve, but there are things that other OS' could improve as well. What I am trying to say is that what we often do is this... I wish PP had a IOS camers, Android screen, windows phone skype etc.
    What we do is we want to have the best of every other OS jammed into our phones. We pick and choose what we would like, and if we do not get it we complain and *****.

Not that this particularly bothers me, but I truly believe that BBRY is the best OS/phone that you can have if you want to get things done. I know that I will repeat many other viewes shared here, but BBRY is for people that do work, and want to be productive. If you are looking for a game console, there are better choices out there. No other phone/OS out there is a complete solution that would be able to replace my PP. And I have tried both Android and iPhone. Not that they are not good pnones. They really are. Just not for me.
    Sure there are features that I would like to have if I could pick and chose, but don't you think that IOS, and Android are saying the same thing...?

Now a point of view... when I had BBRY years back, not too many people had them. It was somewhat of exclusive club. It was for "business people" and for "important people". Than BBRY went mainstream, and I was seing every kid on the street typing at one of those Curves. To be honest with you, I felt kind of sad. I was no longer "special" since every kid on the street had one.

Now that BBRY went off the map, and is no longer mainstream, I actually do not mind it. I feel special again, and all of you guys should as well. How many Passports are out there? Few thousands? Perhaps more, but in a sea of smartphones, this is a very exclusive group. We know what we have. Sometimes we try and convince others that this is a good platform/phone. Sometimes we are successful, but sometimes we are not. In either case, we really know how good our phones are. We know how productive, effective and powerful they are.
    So what I am trying to say, instead of whining and complaining on the forums, we should be talking more about how great the phones are, and how well they do for us when we need to get stuff done!

That's it. Just my 2 cents.
    I totally agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 06:35 PM
    I love BB and my Passport. I'm happy and i'm with BB till the end.. or my end.. what ever comes first. lol
    07-18-15 06:43 PM
    Some what agree. But when BlackBerry went mainstream I had a 8330 which I customized, making everyone jealous.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 07:51 PM
    I agree 100%. Very well said. For all of the complainers, if you don't like it, leave it.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    07-18-15 07:58 PM
    I understand liking a phone, but I don't understand how a phone can make you feel special.
    07-18-15 08:15 PM
    I came from Android and have no desire to go back. All my apps work fine, love the build quality (when it's a goof unit), etc, etc.

You know the one thing that I love most about this phone, and no one mentions it enough? BBOS stability.

This OS is so incredibly stable compared to every other smartphone or PC I've ever used. The only thing that happens is sometimes a third party app goes wonky or the OS gets a bit choppy which a reboot solves.

Always crashing on every other platform. As an older individual now (I know, I'm still young at 28), I really appreciate the stability of this thing, and also feel like the aesthetic and feel of the OS is one of maturity. I feel like an adult using this phone, compared to an iToy.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-18-15 09:44 PM
    Very well said op.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 09:48 PM
    I have a Passport. I love it and actually use it daily in my work as a translator--except for assignments that require image editing, that is, of which I need to work on a Laptop (now I use paint.Net for this). Texting, emailing, translating, downloading and sending works, phone calls and voice conference with clients, all handled easily, perfectly, without fail. I even use it to write my short stories and novel outlines whenever the mood strikes, anytime, anywhere. In over a decade of possessing various kinds of smartphones since 1998--from Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung, but never an iPhone, this is the first time that I found a smartphone I could literally use for my work (translating) and hobby (writing), besides the usual texting and calling. It is stable, fast, efficient and robust OS like you wouldn't believe.

I was an android user for years and have just only been a BlackBerrian since March this year when I bought the Passport. Needless to say, I love it dearly.

Nevertheless, despite having been joined a Facebook club for BlackBerrry Passport owner in Indonesia, I honestly have yet to see a single other Passport besides mine since my purchase last March, or even before that. Do I feel special about it? Not so much. People here do glance and stare when they see it, but NEVER actually get close and talk or say anything about it. Ever. I'd love to talk and boast my Passport over, given the chance, but never such a luck. Heh.
    07-18-15 11:54 PM
    I understand liking a phone, but I don't understand how a phone can make you feel special.
    I think you missed the point of my post...
    Being a part of an exclusive group could make you special. Owning something unique could make you feel special. I.E. Limited edition book, special car, piece of art, special pair of jeans... Phone?! ... whatever.
    Just knowing that you have something that not too many other people have could feel special.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 10:49 AM
    You are correct on everything you said. I especially did not like the curve at all. I actually went back to my tmobile 7290 from the curve.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 11:16 AM
    I think you missed the point of my post...
    Being a part of an exclusive group could make you special. Owning something unique could make you feel special. I.E. Limited edition book, special car, piece of art, special pair of jeans... Phone?! ... whatever.
    Just knowing that you have something that not too many other people have could feel special.

Posted via CB10
    It seems that the point of your post was that people should praise the phone instead of complaining about it. However, you devoted two paragraphs of the post to saying how you felt special because you own a BlackBerry device. No, I don't get how owning any thing could make a person feel special because anyone else with the same amount of money could choose to buy the same thing. I can understand people making a person feel special or, most importantly, a person feeling special for his own non-material reasons, but I don't understand feeling special because you possess a certain material item.
    07-19-15 02:40 PM