Wanted something sleek that's functional and that fits easily in my pockets as a backup to my awesome passport. Figured why not; at their current price point I think they're awesome! For those of you who currently have or came from a z30... what are your thoughts on this device? How does 10.3.1 work with the sideload?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 01:49 AM
    I got my Z30 back in March, and it is currently on an older leak of 10.3.1. I also have the Passport, but there is just something about the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard that I like, and it has just gotten better and better over the last nearly two years.

The Z30 is the perfect size for touchscreen phone for me, and it has a great battery, antenna, and speakers. I can type pretty perfectly on the keyboard, though I do miss the Adobe Flash that will be gone on 10.3.1. I know it came out in 2013, but the Z30 doesn't look or feel outdated. I really like the silver and black trim of mine, and just got a bumper case from Shop CrackBerry because it shows off the carbon fiber back that I like so much.

I've sideloaded a few apps and they work fine, and I'm sure that in newer leaks and on the official OS they will work even better.
    12-29-14 02:01 AM
    I got my Z30 back in March, and it is currently on an older leak of 10.3.1. I also have the Passport, but there is just something about the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard that I like, and it has just gotten better and better over the last nearly two years.

The Z30 is the perfect size for touchscreen phone for me, and it has a great battery, antenna, and speakers. I can type pretty perfectly on the keyboard, though I do miss the Adobe Flash that will be gone on 10.3.1. I know it came out in 2013, but the Z30 doesn't look or feel outdated. I really like the silver and black trim of mine, and just got a bumper case from Shop CrackBerry because it shows off the carbon fiber back that I like so much.

I've sideloaded a few apps and they work fine, and I'm sure that in newer leaks and on the official OS they will work even better.
    That's what I figured. With all the leaks and potential firmware updates and sideloads it should be able to keep up with newer contenders.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 02:16 AM
    That's what I figured. With all the leaks and potential firmware updates and sideloads it should be able to keep up with newer contenders.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, 10.3.1 is coming in February, so it's really just a month that you have on 10.2.1.

The customization on my Z30 is great right now. 10.3.1 has a lot more ringtones, even some from the legacy devices. I can set the LED light to different colors for different types of notifications. There's Battery Saving Mode too, and on newer leaks you can even have a dark Hub and white keyboard, which looks very clean.

There's lots to look forward to with the Z30.
    12-29-14 02:26 AM
    Yeah, 10.3.1 is coming in February, so it's really just a month that you have on 10.2.1.

The customization on my Z30 is great right now. 10.3.1 has a lot more ringtones, even some from the legacy devices. I can set the LED light to different colors for different types of notifications. There's Battery Saving Mode too, and on newer leaks you can even have a dark Hub and white keyboard, which looks very clean.

There's lots to look forward to with the Z30.
    Just curious how you switch between the passport and z30.. are you using a sim card adapter to interchange between nano and micro?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 02:50 AM
    Just curious how you switch between the passport and z30.. are you using a sim card adapter to interchange between nano and micro?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I think it's called Sim Devil or something, it was like $6 on Amazon. So whenever I want to use my Z30, I put my nano sim into the adapter and it goes right into the Z30, and of course I use the same BlackBerry ID so I just open BBM and click Switch to load my list, and my email accounts are setup on both so everything is there.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 03:23 AM
    Yeah, I think it's called Sim Devil or something, it was like $6 on Amazon. So whenever I want to use my Z30, I put my nano sim into the adapter and it goes right into the Z30, and of course I use the same BlackBerry ID so I just open BBM and click Switch to load my list, and my email accounts are setup on both so everything is there.

Posted via CB10
    Got it.. thnx

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 10:23 AM
    The Z30 is great!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-29-14 10:29 AM
    Wanted something sleek that's functional and that fits easily in my pockets as a backup to my awesome passport. Figured why not; at their current price point I think they're awesome! For those of you who currently have or came from a z30... what are your thoughts on this device? How does 10.3.1 work with the sideload?

Posted via CB10
    Z30 is a great device. Even better when bought at a great sale price.

I have 10.3.1.1154 leak on mine.

I have the Passport as well. I am happy with both devices.
    12-29-14 10:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have been considering doing the same with the Z30 for certain situations but have read some reports of adapters doing damage to the phone. I guess you've not experienced any issues then?
    12-29-14 10:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not attempting to derail the thread at all...have you had any Issues with the SIM slot using the adapter? I have fears of getting a SIM stuck in a device...
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 12-29-14 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Clarification
    12-29-14 11:28 AM
    Not attempting to derail the thread at all...have you had any Issues with the SIM slot using the adapter? I have fears of getting a SIM stuck in a device...
    I've used the media devil sim adapter on an old razr for a few days and it worked perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    12-29-14 01:14 PM
    I've used the media devil sim adapter on an old razr for a few days and it worked perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!

Might I ask...why the razr?
    12-29-14 01:24 PM
    I missed out on the Z30.
    I went from my Z10 (beloved - but she's in a new home now), to the Passport.
    I was going to use the Z30 as a backup but I don't see the need for that now.

I stayed with my Z10 until I figured out that the passport was coming out and decided to wait for it. Glad I did cause the price was the old price for a long time.
    Maybe just wait for the Z50 or whatever it will be that replaces the Z30.

The Passport is working so well and I am happy with it.
    I don't think I need a backup (unless someone wants to give me a really good reason!? But really good).
    12-29-14 01:30 PM
    Thanks!

Might I ask...why the razr?
    Don't like carrying much technology while on vaca and its the smallest, most simple phone I have.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 01:45 PM
    I missed out on the Z30.
    I went from my Z10 (beloved - but she's in a new home now), to the Passport.
    I was going to use the Z30 as a backup but I don't see the need for that now.

I stayed with my Z10 until I figured out that the passport was coming out and decided to wait for it. Glad I did cause the price was the old price for a long time.
    Maybe just wait for the Z50 or whatever it will be that replaces the Z30.

The Passport is working so well and I am happy with it.
    I don't think I need a backup (unless someone wants to give me a really good reason!? But really good).
    I personally like having options. The passport isn't all that compact so the z30 will suit my needs when I'm out and wearing slim fitting clothing. I've actually had trouble fitting it in some jacket pockets on work days.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 01:49 PM
    I have been considering doing the same with the Z30 for certain situations but have read some reports of adapters doing damage to the phone. I guess you've not experienced any issues then?
    I've read others warn of inserting the adapter without the sim card. The adapter will get stuck inside the slot.

Posted via CB10
    ggbrands likes this.
    12-30-14 12:56 AM
    Today I turned on my Z30 to get a feel for it after having abandoned it for the Passport almost a month ago. I noticed that it isn't as fast as the Passport. The Z30 is not slow, but after using the Passport you can tell the Passport is much faster.

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    12-30-14 01:00 AM
    I was thinking of picking up the Z30 also as a backup and went i went to shop blackberry today it was sold out. I'm glad to see they are selling well but sorry i missed out on a quality backup.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:01 AM
    I was thinking of picking up the Z30 also as a backup and went i went to shop blackberry today it was sold out. I'm glad to see they are selling well but sorry i missed out on a quality backup.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon still carries them

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:18 AM
    Today I turned on my Z30 to get a feel for it after having abandoned it for the Passport almost a month ago. I noticed that it isn't as fast as the Passport. The Z30 is not slow, but after using the Passport you can tell the Passport is much faster.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I have had the Passport since early October and the z30 since November 2013. Ever since I got the Passport I have been using the Z30 and my Playbook less and less and only for live streaming video.
    The passport is much faster, longer battery life and better reception than Z30. I have been on vacation with all three for the past two weeks and I have only used the Passport with a local simcard for everything (reading books, music, web browsing, email, pictures, calls). I have not touched either the Z30, or the tablet. Absolutely no need for them and left my laptop at home.
    12-30-14 07:44 AM
    As good as the deal is. better off with a Passport as a backup.
    12-30-14 05:17 PM
    To each his own...

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 06:47 PM