So I ordered a passport. I like the design like the phone etc. etc. etc. My biggest concern is I haven't played with it yet and I'm sure I'm going to love the device but I'm really worried about Some of the android applications that I might need to use such as my banking applications (USAA and navy federal) I've had bad experiences with the backups of my phone and maybe because I might be doing it wrong. The errors I'm getting are the account error issues (update password) the one when I tap the notification and they attempt to open but don't. I'm not sure how I'm going to conduct this back up/ restore and if anybody have any ideas please hit me up. I don't know what to think and this phone is expensive for me. I'm mainly using this so I don't have to bring my surface 2 as I'm giving it to my parents, as their laptop has died and need some thing. I really just need to edit word documents, navigation, banking, music, blend, and a few entertainment apps. I'm not worried about the video aspect ratio, I hardly watch videos, unless youtube videos and I'm sure I can suck it up. What do you guys have to say. Words of encouragement? I'm hoping it comes soon...

Posted via CB10
    redcubicle and gokulesh like this.
    05-06-15 11:12 PM
    Red...Good for you. Its a great phone.
    05-06-15 11:21 PM
    Red...Good for you. Its a great phone.
    What should I know about I read and read again but I guess I want to hear it one more time. Again I'm kind of replacing my tablet for the time being and I type a lot.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:35 PM
    When you say back up errors, are you trying to set up your new phone by importing everything from a backup?

I used to do this, but I found eventually that I actually like setting all my accounts up fresh and just moving over what files and content I need with a backup. That's my personal preference, I have no need of text or BBM backups. As long as my contacts sync, I'm happy.

As for the phone itself, it's hard not to love it.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:44 PM
    When you say back up errors, are you trying to set up your new phone by importing everything from a backup?

I used to do this, but I found eventually that I actually like setting all my accounts up fresh and just moving over what files and content I need with a backup. That's my personal preference, I have no need of text or BBM backups. As long as my contacts sync, I'm happy.

As for the phone itself, it's hard not to love it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I've done the whole thing and well yeah I guess I'm going to do it that way. Because I did a full restore from a z10 to z30 or really a transfer. What ever it's called and well it seems to make the os buggy.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:46 PM
    Just ordered red PP-img-20150417-wa004.jpg

Red passport. You are gonna love it

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    redcubicle likes this.
    05-07-15 07:16 AM
    I have a red and black. You shall not be disappointed. It only took me a few days to get accustomed to the size. I am having issues with backing up since the latest update, but as most things are in clouds these days it doesn't really matter.

* вιaсĸвεггч� Passport
    05-07-15 07:21 AM
    Yeah I've done the whole thing and well yeah I guess I'm going to do it that way. Because I did a full restore from a z10 to z30 or really a transfer. What ever it's called and well it seems to make the os buggy.

Posted via CB10
    To me it seems like when you do a restore from backup you inherit bugs from the last phone. It never works as good as setting up accounts from scratch. Granted, the from scratch way is a lot more work.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-07-15 09:12 AM
    For USAA (my primary bank) I use the Web browser. Everything works perfectly on my red Passport.

I could download the app from Snap but what's the point if I get everything I need from the webpage?

Posted via my gorgeous red Passport
    05-07-15 09:16 AM
    For USAA (my primary bank) I use the Web browser. Everything works perfectly on my red Passport.

I could download the app from Snap but what's the point if I get everything I need from the webpage?

I actually use the usual app a lot I t works well on the z30 I don't mind the site but it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't work. Have you tried the app on the passport? Does if not render well?

Posted via CB10
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    05-07-15 09:28 AM
    Hey my last question is, PowerPoint presentations, is it in 1:1? Ratio? And videos from YouTube via hdmi, can I render the video differently? People say no some say yes. I really want a picture. Lol I don't mind but I need flexibility for the PowerPoint

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:40 AM
    Renders just fine:

Just ordered red PP-img_20150508_235147.png
    Just ordered red PP-img_20150508_235223.png

I just don't like giving blanket permissions like this for an app when the browser works just fine.

Just ordered red PP-img_20150508_234945.png

05-08-15 10:53 PM
    Renders just fine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150508_235147.png 
Views:	1675 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	351878

Name:	IMG_20150508_235223.png 
Views:	1670 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	351879

I just don't like giving blanket permissions like this for an app when the browser works just fine.

Name:	IMG_20150508_234945.png 
Views:	1673 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	351880

Aww man thanks. I know the feeling but I really trust usaa. Also was wondering able PowerPoint presentations and the aspect ratio

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 11:17 PM
    PPT renders per your request. They open via Docs to Go and it looks like there is some black stop and below but nothing is cut off. I hardly notice and with the large screen it is easily viewable and editable.

Just ordered red PP-img_20150509_183727.png
    Just ordered red PP-img_20150509_183723.png

05-09-15 05:38 PM
    I have usaa as well. The mobile site works just fine. I can upload chess and everything. I just put a link on my home screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 06:17 PM
    PPT renders per your request. They open via Docs to Go and it looks like there is some black stop and below but nothing is cut off. I hardly notice and with the large screen it is easily viewable and editable.

Name:	IMG_20150509_183727.png 
Views:	768 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	351991

Name:	IMG_20150509_183723.png 
Views:	768 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	351992

I mean on a projector, or TV is it one to one ratio? Sorry if I wasn't clear but thanks on the pics

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:10 PM
    IMHO, Red looks the best. I have wanted a red one but a white one pop up with good price. Grabbed it instead, but still drooling over red.

Congrats and I am sure you will love it.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    05-09-15 10:13 PM
    Just got it in btw and I bought it via shop.blackberry.com and it got here on time and everything. No problems with the keyboard or the touch screen or the volume rocker. She's working fine. Didn't come with 10.3.1, but that's ok. I have carpal tunnel and the z30 screen was too narrow. So I love this form factor with works great for me and I'm definitely loving the keyboard. Much more accurate and I can actually type with it one handedly. Great device going to test out my power point question and I will get back to you on that. So much better. Just need to transfer clash of clans and I should be fine if not it's no big loss it's just a darn game

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 04:30 PM
    Is there any way to get a red one with QWERTZ keyboard ?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 04:44 PM
    QWETZ? It's a QWETY keyboard that the passport has. Which keyboard do you mean?. People look where the placement of the spacebar is and don't like it. I really like that placement for some reason that's not what I need to get used to. It's the the missing shift key, it's on the screen. I'll get used to it no problem...
    05-11-15 05:10 PM
    Just attempted miracasting a ppt on the big screen and it self adjusts the screen to fit the screen... no one to one ratio thing. It works well. Also using the browser to miracast videos is the same thing take a look at the pictures...
    Just ordered red PP-may-11-2015-94419-pm-edt.jpg
    Just ordered red PP-may-11-2015-94223-pm-edt.jpg

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    05-11-15 08:45 PM
    QWETZ? It's a QWETY keyboard that the passport has....
    That's right, but in Germany, Switzerland and so on we us QWERTZ not QWERTY. I didn't find a way yet to get a red passport with a QWERTZ keyboard. And that really sucks.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:53 AM
    That's right, but in Germany, Switzerland and so on we us QWERTZ not QWERTY. I didn't find a way yet to get a red passport with a QWERTZ keyboard. And that really sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Oh ol wanted to male sure o yeah I've used the qwertz before but hmm wonder if you can change it in the software one second

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 06:06 AM
    yeah you could change it in the software but you still get the physical keyboard I'm not sure if you want to deal with one or two keys out of place... but the prediction will fix it and the keys look like they are still mapped as qwerty but when I type it seems to kinds change those characters... give me a sentence to type and I will type it ok?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 06:10 AM
    Hahah thanks for your help!

I gonna give you one in german !

1: Zwei BlackBerry Passports w�rden mir zurzeit zu Hause vollkommen ausreichen
    05-13-15 09:04 AM
44 12