After a lot of thought i ordered a red passport... the silver edition looks like an htc one m8 on steroids for some reason. Fugly!

I am in 12 th grade right now and want to use it until i graduate at least. I.e 2-3 years. Do you think I can manage if i use face10 pro for facebook, twitter app for twitter, inst10 pro for instagram, messenger pro for messenger and whatsapp apk with waa fixer after 30th june. Blackberry hub for emails.

Thats all i really need except for phone calls and sms. And oh yeah... fast tube pro for youtube.

If i get this much stuff do you think i can manage just fine?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 11:11 AM
    After a lot of thought i ordered a red passport... the silver edition looks like an htc one m8 on steroids for some reason. Fugly!

I am in 12 th grade right now and want to use it until i graduate at least. I.e 2-3 years. Do you think I can manage if i use face10 pro for facebook, twitter app for twitter, inst10 pro for instagram, messenger pro for messenger and whatsapp apk with waa fixer after 30th june. Blackberry hub for emails.

Thats all i really need except for phone calls and sms. And oh yeah... fast tube pro for youtube.

Posted via CB10
    For sure! As long as NemoryStudios keeps developing, we should be fine. But I use the Android versions (old versions) of Facebook, Instagram and YouTube on my Black Passport and they work flawlessly. It might be worth looking into for your sake. Just Google the .apk files and try to get versions from this past summer, 2016 (maybe earlier). Those seem to work fine for our device.
    02-07-17 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    As a fellow red Passport owner congratulations. I would definitely think about just installing google play and utilize the android versions of the apps you mentioned. I use a combination of native and android apps and have no issues whatsoever.
    02-07-17 01:22 PM
    Will i be able to use this phone for a good 2-3 years.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 07:18 PM
    I should have waited for mercury... its looks just like a passport on android. What about whatsapp? Will the android one have hub integration? Will it have notifications for new messages atleast?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 07:19 PM
    I should have waited for mercury... its looks just like a passport on android. What about whatsapp? Will the android one have hub integration? Will it have notifications for new messages atleast?

Posted via CB10
    You probably should have waited and got the Mercury.
    02-07-17 07:29 PM
    I was about to say that I got through my university fine without any of those apps at all. But that would be kind of mean now and of course I have no experience with apps in university to say.

But really I think what you will need before any of those apps are ability to do basic communication, i.e. phone, text msg, and email, and work with the aid of the phone. The Passport will be handy in this sense. It is pleasant to read from. You can access your computer while on the move and type your essay on the trains or buses. That should be quite alright if you are going to do natural science.
    If you are going to study something like marketing or social subjects which require a lot of interaction then Passport may not be the device in the long run. No one no when which app will be pulled.

Posted from my  Passport
    02-08-17 04:22 AM
    My humble request please cancel order asap. In only one month I feel I made wrong decision.. We are social citizens BlackBerry Passport is not for us.
    02-08-17 08:56 AM
    3 main problems
    1. Camera is not fast, you will end up half photos not sharable complete blurred.
    2. Native apps are very very limited and many dropping their support.
    3. Android player is not perfect you always end up downloading many apps and none is perfect it keeps you in constant research.

I wish BlackBerry should allow installation of Android OS on Passport
    02-08-17 09:01 AM
    OP, I see you're coming from a Z30 so you should know the in's and out's of BB10. Nothing is any different than what you have now.
    02-08-17 09:17 AM
    I cancelled the order... i realise that its too late to fulfill my dream of owning a passport because... its obsolete now... the bb10 os...no matter how much i love this os... i know that there is no future for this os...

Iam depressed as f--k because i really wanted a passport... i fell in love with it the first time i saw the collector (mayor) of my city with one... he came to our school for the annual function. He took pictures with our principal... i was lingering around him to get a better look at his device... he had a black passport. He later called me to take pictures with his phone... that was the first time i touched one... i was a sony xperia z ultra user back then with no knowledge of bb10 os. I wanted to press the physical keyboard but didnt know what might happen...but i did it anyway and nothing happened... then i took pictures of him and returned his passport back to him. I had fallen in love with passport. It was a phone that moved me like nothing i ever used before... i formed a very deep emotional attachment with it even though the device wasn't mine.

After that i continued to research BlackBerry phones and finally got a z30. Now its too late to get a passport.

I hope mercury gives me the same passport feeling i had back then with a more modern os...

BlackBerry mercury here i come.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 10:44 AM
    Where are you from,and where have you ordered the Red passport?
    Cost?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 11:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you seeing a different photo of the mercury than others. I don't think it looks anything like a passport
    02-08-17 12:02 PM
    i think for people who use their phone as their primary computing device, a bb10 device may not be ideal going forward. sure you can do it, but at any moment you risk loosing support for something you might require (Facebook, instagram, whatever). When you use it as a communication device, or dont use those types of things in daily life, it'll be just fine for years likely
    02-08-17 12:10 PM
  15. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    after this i want to order red Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 08:59 PM
    Better wait for mercury....

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 09:05 PM
    Where are you from,and where have you ordered the Red passport?
    Cost?

Posted via CB10
    I ordered a red passport from ebay.in for 28000₹ the black you can get for 16000₹

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 09:59 PM
    Are you seeing a different photo of the mercury than others. I don't think it looks anything like a passport
    The top part looks like BlackBerry Passport silver edition... the screen is small like passport ( i say small because i have been an xperia z ultra owner) and it has a keyboard...sure its nothing like a passport on the back but its the closest i can get to a modern passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 10:01 PM
  19. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I ordered a red passport from ebay.in for 28000₹ the black you can get for 16000₹

Posted via CB10
    whats about red? feel like SE same or not? or more than SE?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 10:18 PM
    what's about red? feel like SE same or not? or more than SE?

Posted via CB10
    I cancelled the order... iam gonna get a mercury... passport is obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 06:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    So are model. "T's and A's" but it wouldn't stop me from buying one, hell I am probably obsolete.

 Pr1ngle
    02-09-17 05:07 PM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    wow. how much it does cost?

 BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.3.2163
    02-09-17 09:42 PM
    Long live Passport.. Mercury is no near match to passport, Yes as it from BlackBerry it is having several improvements to Android OS.

We should wait till the BB10 dies completely and in mean time Blackberry Android comes with much more BB10 Features and flow, so that we will not have much transition issue while migrating to android from BB10.

or the blackberry mobile dies completely and we can try for some new OS( I am sure some new OS will emerge to give competition to IOS and Android, I hope and love BB10 returns with enhancements )

From My Red Passport
    02-10-17 12:03 AM
    BlackBerry 10 OS And Windows 10 OS Should jointly invest on Developers for Apps so that the app gap would be reduced!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 12:07 AM
    Where did you purchase it?

Red passport
    02-10-17 12:08 AM
31 12