Here are my thoughts on the SE ( Own the device ). It feels like a downgrade and an upgrade at the same time. The chassis LOOKS great in photos, but in person it feels cheap. The SE is also a bit thicker than the OG passport, with the flip case on its too thick IMO. The screen is more responsive and the keyboard touch input is a lot better than the OG passport. It is easier to type on the SE due to the chin and curved edges. The camera is just average, not much if any improvement over the OG Passport.

If you own a OG or AT&T Passport, it's not worth it to upgrade to the SE.
    bodjor likes this.
    08-09-15 01:34 AM
    Doubt it. T-Mo bakes their WiFi calling into the ROM, at least they do with Android devices. You can't just grab any unlocked phone, if there's a branded variant as well, pop in a T-Mo SIM, and get WiFi calling. Doesn't work like that.

It's up to T-Mo, but the SE will work fine on the network.
    Do you know this for a fact? Or even researched it? Unbranded Z10's and Q10's on T-Mo work with Wi-Fi Calling. They've been for quite a while. There's hope that it'll be the same with the Classic and if they get the Passport.
    08-09-15 04:56 AM
    Do you know this for a fact? Or even researched it? Unbranded Z10's and Q10's on T-Mo work with Wi-Fi Calling. They've been for quite a while. There's hope that it'll be the same with the Classic and if they get the Passport.
    Unbranded Z10s and Q10s work with Wi-Fi Calling on T-Mobile ONLY when loaded with officially released T-Mobile OS. If not using a T-Mobile released OS, Wi-Fi calling will NOT work even if you separately load the T-Mob Wi-Fi calling app (the option to toggle it on/off is greyed out).

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 02:20 PM
    Yes, it's a special framework needed to use WiFi calling. The better question is: do you get at least one bar of service in your house? I'm assuming WiFi calling is a necessity for you because your reception is poor? If you have at least one bar, quit mucking around with WiFi calling, call T-Mo, and have them send you a CellFi RS3 LTE signal booster. They'll loan it to you free of charge, and it's a million times better than their WiFi calling.
    08-09-15 03:30 PM
    Unbranded Z10s and Q10s work with Wi-Fi Calling on T-Mobile ONLY when loaded with officially released T-Mobile OS. If not using a T-Mobile released OS, Wi-Fi calling will NOT work even if you separately load the T-Mob Wi-Fi calling app (the option to toggle it on/off is greyed out).
    The first obstacle is to have T-Mo carry the device so that there would be a T-Mo version of the OS. That was my point. Hopefully they'll get the Passport.
    08-09-15 11:52 PM
    Yes, it's a special framework needed to use WiFi calling. The better question is: do you get at least one bar of service in your house? I'm assuming WiFi calling is a necessity for you because your reception is poor? If you have at least one bar, quit mucking around with WiFi calling, call T-Mo, and have them send you a CellFi RS3 LTE signal booster. They'll loan it to you free of charge, and it's a million times better than their WiFi calling.
    How does the signal booster work when you're travelling in another country? Yeah, there are other uses for Wi-Fi Calling than trying to get a better signal in a poor signal area...
    08-09-15 11:55 PM
    How does the signal booster work when you're travelling in another country? Yeah, there are other uses for Wi-Fi Calling than trying to get a better signal in a poor signal area...
    Signal booster definitely sucks when you're traveling in another country. Is it absolutely necessary that you maintain the same number when calling from outside the country? You can get a free Google Voice number and use the Hangouts Dialer app for free WiFi calling anywhere in the world.
    08-09-15 11:57 PM
    Just ordered my silver edition! Moved over from the 6 plus, can't wait for it to come in!
    08-10-15 12:03 AM
    Signal booster definitely sucks when you're traveling in another country. Is it absolutely necessary that you maintain the same number when calling from outside the country? You can get a free Google Voice number and use the Hangouts Dialer app for free WiFi calling anywhere in the world.
    It's useful to maintain, as I don't need to tell everyone to use a separate number only good while I'm travelling. Further, I can't account for everyone who might need to contact me before heading off.

I also have Spare Phone, an Android app available on BBW, paired with a Google Voice number. It's useful for calling back to the States, but no good for txt's. I've yet to try the Hangouts Dialer.
    08-10-15 12:06 AM
    You will love the tactile feedback of the intuitive keyboard that you can use gestures on just like the virtual keyboard of BB10 phones. Overall, you will enjoy the Hub that unifies all your daily needs

Just ordered my silver edition! Moved over from the 6 plus, can't wait for it to come in!

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    08-10-15 03:07 PM
    Reluctantly moving on from the Q10. A loose USB charging port is causing issues after 2 years of reliable use.

I'm a bit apprehensive about the size of the PP, but looking forward to trying something new (at least for me).
    08-11-15 10:48 AM
    I'm considering the switch from a Q10, also. Really liking the silver passport, but, the size worries me. Ugh!
    08-12-15 10:05 AM
    I was like that as well, had my Q10 for so long. Now wondering why I waited. The PP is amazing (SE or other). Holding the Q10 after using the PP is a weird experience, it is so small in comparison. However the PP still fits in my pocket so all good.
    Monty Capuletti likes this.
    08-12-15 07:12 PM
    Sold my Z30, and my OnePlus One, and have a buyer for my Q5. Passport SE with the flip case is ordered and will arrive Monday (hopefully). Looking forward to it...
    08-12-15 07:18 PM
    Trust me lads, I've switched from black to white Passport and now this SE! You'll love it...

Passport 
    08-15-15 10:17 AM
    Couldn't agree more. The change in the keyboard alone is worth the switch.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 01:35 PM
191 ... 678