In which way this silver Blackberry is it a better version?
    BlackBerry said they improve the keyboard for better typing experience. The keyboard on the original Passport is already so good. It's hard to imagine it could ever be improved. I keep bringing up the keyboard topic because keyboard is one of the reason I bought the Passport.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-06-15 11:34 AM
    - reinforced frame, which hopefully eliminates the twist problem
    - improved keyboard

The rest is cosmetic, so subject to opinion.
    Could you share how is the keyboard improved? Thanks.

08-06-15 11:35 AM
    Could you share how is the keyboard improved? Thanks.

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but not really sure what they changed if anything on the keyboard itself. They did add some extra to the bottom chin and rounded the bottom out which would make typing easier allowing them to claim that the keyboard experience is improved.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:59 AM
    The design discussion video from blackberry indicated it was a slightly "softer" typing experience.
    08-06-15 12:43 PM
    The design discussion video from blackberry indicated it was a slightly "softer" typing experience.
    It's likely a slight refinement with how the key presses; maybe the underlying materials are "softer," but the biggest improvement is that added chin space. It absolutely makes typing easier, faster, and more accurate.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    08-06-15 12:57 PM
    As an international customer, I would assume I cannot order one as the billing address only has US and Mexico as choices?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 01:09 PM
    Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but not really sure what they changed if anything on the keyboard itself. They did add some extra to the bottom chin and rounded the bottom out which would make typing easier allowing them to claim that the keyboard experience is improved.

Posted via CB10
    I just watched a review video from TinhTe Vietnam. The narrator said the keyboard on the silver edition feels softer, in a good way, when type. The key press action give much better than that of the original Passport. He really like the keyboard. He didn't like some of the aesthetic aspects of the speaker grill. The line between the keyboard and the main body. However, he likes the keyboard. The unit he reviewed was a beta unit.

08-06-15 01:43 PM
    Well i just pushed d buy button!
    08-06-15 01:45 PM
    For $650.... Blackberry rubbing it's hands in delight saying SUCKERS!
    They didn't replace the existing Passports with the higher priced Silver Edition. People still have a choice as to which model they want and how much they're willing to pay. Existing Passport + accessories is about the same price as the Silver Edition + accessories. The only slight-of-hand is saying the accessories are free.

My question to you is whether you think you're a SUCKER for having a Z10 since launch, paying a premium price for a device that wasn't up to par with devices released at that time and using an OS that wasn't quite finished yet?
    08-06-15 02:03 PM
    They didn't replace the existing Passports with the higher priced Silver Edition. People still have a choice as to which model they want and how much they're willing to pay. Existing Passport + accessories is about the same price as the Silver Edition + accessories. The only slight-of-hand is saying the accessories are free.

My question to you is whether you think you're a SUCKER for having a Z10 since launch, paying a premium price for a device that wasn't up to par with devices released at that time and using an OS that wasn't quite finished yet?
    I never said silver Passport had higher price than the original Passport. Where did you get that idea? Go back to my post and read it more attentively.
    Oh, I AM a SUCKER for spending money on things I like/want. But why would I start buying more blackberries if the one I have already suits my needs and works well? I paid for it once and it has been working fine since. I have the same OS version as your Passport, so we are on par here, the screen does not lift, keyboard types what I want it to type...do I need to continue down the road of Passport "superiority"? I can find so many other ways to spend my $2000 some dollars instead of buying more phones that have the same OS and do the same things. Swapping a sim card from one phone to another does not fit in my definition of fun either.

Enjoy your silver device!
    devilxvergil likes this.
    08-06-15 02:33 PM
    I never said silver Passport had higher price than the original Passport. Where did you get that idea? Go back to my post and read it more attentively.
    Oh, I AM a SUCKER for spending money on things I like/want. But why would I start buying more blackberries if the one I have already suits my needs and works well? I paid for it once and it has been working fine since. I have the same OS version as your Passport, so we are on par here, the screen does not lift, keyboard types what I want it to type...do I need to continue down the road of Passport "superiority"? I can find so many other ways to spend my $2000 some dollars instead of buying more phones that have the same OS and do the same things. Swapping a sim card from one phone to another does not fit in my definition of fun either.

Enjoy your silver device!
    Why would you view the Silver Edition as anything more than just another variation on the Passport, like another color? BlackBerry didn't say this Passport would be replacing the others and thus, be an "upgrade". They refined the Passport design and new Passport users will gain from that. Why the criticism of BlackBerry and its users now when nothing has changed? It's like when the Limited Edition Red came out. It's just another variation that some people would like. Where were you then?

If you really want to criticize extravagant spending, head over to the Apple forums and tell them what you think of the Apple Watch, especially the $10K version.
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    08-06-15 04:22 PM
    Now that the off-topic Bickering is deleted, let's see if we can't keep this on track, hmm? If you can't discuss the phones and keep from insulting each other, then we can end this.

[WARN]
    Personal Attacks or Insults to Members - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]
    08-06-15 04:33 PM
    Why would you view the Silver Edition as anything more than just another variation on the Passport, like another color? BlackBerry didn't say this Passport would be replacing the others and thus, be an "upgrade". They refined the Passport design and new Passport users will gain from that. Why the criticism of BlackBerry and its users now when nothing has changed? It's like when the Limited Edition Red came out. It's just another variation that some people would like. Where were you then?

If you really want to criticize extravagant spending, head over to the Apple forums and tell them what you think of the Apple Watch, especially the $10K version.
    I don't know how else to explain what the point of my post really is. But, moving on. None of the previous reiterations of Passports has brought as much attention as this silver edition. Just look at this. Regular passport - premium price, white, black, AT&T and now silver and all of them at premium prices. Also lately a lot of members have been expressing their dissatisfaction with Blackberry not coming up with new devices, premium devices, competitive devices. You name it. And now this silver reiteration of the same old Passport comes out with no changes whatsoever worth cheering about, people flock back prizing blackberry and paying premium price for it. If that's the case, then stop complaining about not having new devices from blackberry. Give it time and a lot of those people who are yanking this device off the shelfs, will be back complaining because they will realize that what they got is the same old device with the same old issues as the previous ones. And one of the biggest complaints will be the price they paid.
    Regarding going to an Apple site. Waste of my time. Have no interest. Never owned and iPhone. Never will. Heard of the Apple Watch. Do not know the prices. Do not need to. Not interested in buying one.

Cheers
    08-06-15 05:40 PM
    I don't know how else to explain what the point of my post really is. But, moving on. None of the previous reiterations of Passports has brought as much attention as this silver edition. Just look at this. Regular passport - premium price, white, black, AT&T and now silver and all of them at premium prices. Also lately a lot of members have been expressing their dissatisfaction with Blackberry not coming up with new devices, premium devices, competitive devices. You name it. And now this silver reiteration of the same old Passport comes out with no changes whatsoever worth cheering about, people flock back prizing blackberry and paying premium price for it. If that's the case, then stop complaining about not having new devices from blackberry. Give it time and a lot of those people who are yanking this device off the shelfs, will be back complaining because they will realize that what they got is the same old device with the same old issues as the previous ones. And one of the biggest complaints will be the price they paid.
    Regarding going to an Apple site. Waste of my time. Have no interest. Never owned and iPhone. Never will. Heard of the Apple Watch. Do not know the prices. Do not need to. Not interested in buying one.

Cheers
    "None of the previous reiterations of Passports has brought as much attention as this silver edition."

You must have missed the Limited Edition Gold.

The Silver Edition is getting as much hoopla as the Limited Edition Red, which was priced initially at a $100 premium over the Black and the White. The Silver Edition is only about the same price as the Black and the White, if you remove the "free" accessories. Unlike the Red, it actually has hardware differences.

The praise over the Silver Edition has been for the new look and hardware refinements. It probably doesn't take a lot of resources on BlackBerry's end to refine the device and have a better one for customers. Releasing this Passport isn't going to stop BlackBerry from building the Slider, or any other device. Again, it's not a new product meant for people to upgrade to, just another option on the Passport. Buying this device doesn't invalidate people's desire for a higher spec device, just as buying the original Passport doesn't invalidate the desire for a higher spec device.
    08-06-15 07:09 PM
    Any news on a UK release date?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:13 PM
    OK, enjoy your new silver devices everyone!
    08-07-15 06:22 AM
    OK, enjoy your new silver devices everyone!
    Thanks. Mine will be coming today. I understand everything you have said in your dozen+ comments, but for some of us it's just not that deep. For me, I'm just a fanatic. I don't have to justify my BlackBerry purchases. I bought the Silver Edition simply because it's new, looks great and I've got the money.....simple. Have a great day!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-07-15 08:11 AM
    Thank you for at least trying to understand where I was coming from! Enjoy your device!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-07-15 08:15 AM
    While we are talking about accessories, what is the point of the sync pod? I'm missing something because I don't get the purpose of it. Could just use the flex shell if I want it to stand up.

Maybe the charger connects to it? Even if so I really don't see the point. What exactly does it sync with? I do not sync my devices with anything. Whatever is on my phones stay there.

Posted via CB10
    It connects to a charging cable so you can stand the phone up and see alerts while charging, use it as an alarm clock while at home or abroad, and looks better aesthetically (to me, anyway).
    jamesharmeling and RLTurn77 like this.
    08-07-15 02:23 PM
    I placed my order Wednesday for 2 units to replace our Q10's. Timing could not have been better as I was just in the AT&T store to buy their PP at $670 each. Glad I skipped that upgrade and went unlocked with these. Now if I can only get them in my hands. Now to jump over to the "Waiting for my SE PP to arrive page..."
    08-07-15 03:11 PM
    I wish I knew if T-Mobile USA would support the Passport. My current situation is this:

Z10 - has Wi-Fi Calling, but battery is poor, compared to Q10 and Z30
    Q10 - has Wi-Fi Calling, good battery, but could be replaced with Passport
    Z30 - no Wi-Fi Calling, good battery, could replace the Z10 if it had Wi-Fi Calling

SE Passport would be on order to replace both the Z10 and Q10.
    08-08-15 07:38 PM
    I wish I knew if T-Mobile USA would support the Passport. My current situation is this:

Z10 - has Wi-Fi Calling, but battery is poor, compared to Q10 and Z30
    Q10 - has Wi-Fi Calling, good battery, but could be replaced with Passport
    Z30 - no Wi-Fi Calling, good battery, could replace the Z10 if it had Wi-Fi Calling

SE Passport would be on order to replace both the Z10 and Q10.
    By "support," you really mean "has WiFi calling?"

Your Z10 and Q10, were those purchased through T-Mo? Your Z30, was that purchased unlocked?

Not so sure how it works with BlackBerry, but with Android devices, unless they're branded and coming from T-Mo you're not getting WiFi calling.

08-08-15 08:12 PM
    By "support," you really mean "has WiFi calling?"

Your Z10 and Q10, were those purchased through T-Mo? Your Z30, was that purchased unlocked?

Not so sure how it works with BlackBerry, but with Android devices, unless they're branded and coming from T-Mo you're not getting WiFi calling.
    Yes, has Wi-Fi Calling. Z10 and Q10 are both T-Mo branded. Z30 was through ShopBlackBerry, since T-Mo never carried it.

With T-Mo, if the device is sold by T-Mo, unlocked devices get all the features too, i.e. unbranded and unlocked Z10's and Q10's get Wi-Fi Calling on T-Mo. When the T-Mo Classics get Wi-Fi Calling, it's expected that all Classics will too, on T-Mo.

I'm hoping T-Mo gets the Passport. Z10 and Q10 will probably go and I'll keep the Z30 for VR experiments, but for the most part, the Passport could replace them all.
    08-08-15 08:35 PM
    When the T-Mo Classics get Wi-Fi Calling, it's expected that all Classics will too, on T-Mo.
    Doubt it. T-Mo bakes their WiFi calling into the ROM, at least they do with Android devices. You can't just grab any unlocked phone, if there's a branded variant as well, pop in a T-Mo SIM, and get WiFi calling. Doesn't work like that.

It's up to T-Mo, but the SE will work fine on the network.

08-08-15 08:40 PM
    Hmmmm....This forum is full of threads with people crying, begging and demanding new devices from Blackberry. Give us a new full touch device/slider/physical keyboard, best specifications, competitive, and this and that. Now, Blackberry comes out with a repainted 2 year old device with the same 2 year old hardware, with some aluminium precision machined beveled case/corners and cons people into shelling out $649 Cdn for it. Oh sorry forgot, some trinkets are included. The kicker is a leather case $30 more expensive then a sync pod/charger. You got to be on drugs to accept that. Icing on the cake is KM crawling out of his hole peddling this joke. What suprises me the most is that a lot of people who already have blackberry Passport fall for this robbery and decide to spend this ridiculous amount of $$$$ for a 2 year old device with 2 year old hardware. Time to wake up....
    Why would Blackberry give you new competitive devices with great specs and so on and so forth, if they can just repaint, machine, bevel, smooth out, repackage their old hardware and dupe you into buying it at premium prices.
    Oh, and sorry to Verizon customers.....
    In case someone wants to know. I still use my 2.5 year old Z10 bought on the release date. Never an issue. Very happy with it.

Cheers
    2 yrs? I must have missed a year or so...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-15 11:24 PM
191 ... 5678