Agreed. Didn't want to spend $700 CDN after taxes but if I can get roughly $400 for my mint black its only $300 difference that i'm willing to eat until the silver is sold. I didn't pay anything for the black.
    Hope you are able to sell your old device

Passport 
    08-05-15 02:20 PM
    Hmmmm....This forum is full of threads with people crying, begging and demanding new devices from Blackberry. Give us a new full touch device/slider/physical keyboard, best specifications, competitive, and this and that. Now, Blackberry comes out with a repainted 2 year old device with the same 2 year old hardware, with some aluminium precision machined beveled case/corners and cons people into shelling out $649 Cdn for it. Oh sorry forgot, some trinkets are included. The kicker is a leather case $30 more expensive then a sync pod/charger. You got to be on drugs to accept that. Icing on the cake is KM crawling out of his hole peddling this joke. What suprises me the most is that a lot of people who already have blackberry Passport fall for this robbery and decide to spend this ridiculous amount of $$$$ for a 2 year old device with 2 year old hardware. Time to wake up....
    Why would Blackberry give you new competitive devices with great specs and so on and so forth, if they can just repaint, machine, bevel, smooth out, repackage their old hardware and dupe you into buying it at premium prices.
    Oh, and sorry to Verizon customers.....
    In case someone wants to know. I still use my 2.5 year old Z10 bought on the release date. Never an issue. Very happy with it.

Cheers
    I have a Z10, Z30, original Black passport, original white Passport and now this Silver edition!!! If I like something I buy it simples...

Passport 
    mister2d likes this.
    08-05-15 02:28 PM
    The front page of Crackberry has the highlights of the device from better antenna performance, etc. I was sold before now I'm really happy with my purchase. Great job BlackBerry, keep bringing the amazing products and I will keep buying!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    08-05-15 02:57 PM
    Hmmmm....This forum is full of threads with people crying, begging and demanding new devices from Blackberry. Give us a new full touch device/slider/physical keyboard, best specifications, competitive, and this and that. Now, Blackberry comes out with a repainted 2 year old device with the same 2 year old hardware, with some aluminium precision machined beveled case/corners and cons people into shelling out $649 Cdn for it. Oh sorry forgot, some trinkets are included. The kicker is a leather case $30 more expensive then a sync pod/charger. You got to be on drugs to accept that. Icing on the cake is KM crawling out of his hole peddling this joke. What suprises me the most is that a lot of people who already have blackberry Passport fall for this robbery and decide to spend this ridiculous amount of $$$$ for a 2 year old device with 2 year old hardware. Time to wake up....
    Why would Blackberry give you new competitive devices with great specs and so on and so forth, if they can just repaint, machine, bevel, smooth out, repackage their old hardware and dupe you into buying it at premium prices.
    Oh, and sorry to Verizon customers.....
    In case someone wants to know. I still use my 2.5 year old Z10 bought on the release date. Never an issue. Very happy with it.

Cheers
    The Passport was only released last Fall. The specs may not be the latest from that time period, but the device itself hasn't been on the market that long. There's nothing wrong with refining a product. It's not meant to be an upgrade, just a better version, perhaps to appeal to those holdouts of the Z10 and Q10, which if we go by your tech spec standards, is probably 4.5 years old.
    08-05-15 03:43 PM
    I've got the Z30 and really want this Silver Edition in Nigeria, unfortunately the promo would be over before its available in Nigeria..

Anybody wanna help?
    08-05-15 03:56 PM
    Got a one month black BlackBerry passport. I like the red one but could not find here in stores so I purchased the 1st one I found. I would like to know what's different with the silver edition apart from the colour. I am thinking of selling mine to get another passport.
    08-05-15 04:25 PM
    Got a one month black BlackBerry passport. I like the red one but could not find here in stores so I purchased the 1st one I found. I would like to know what's different with the silver edition apart from the colour. I am thinking of selling mine to get another passport.
    You haven't read the reviews?!? It's a Passport with new clothes and a new body that's been working out like a boss.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-05-15 05:41 PM
    Apple has been doing this for years. Iphone 6 has 2012 specs and yet alot of people have no problem with that. Passport experience is great so hardware is acceptable now and later. No 8 core processors on phones in site so why feel a bad deal?
    Where is Apple and where is Blackberry?
    08-05-15 07:38 PM
    The Passport was only released last Fall. The specs may not be the latest from that time period, but the device itself hasn't been on the market that long. There's nothing wrong with refining a product. It's not meant to be an upgrade, just a better version, perhaps to appeal to those holdouts of the Z10 and Q10, which if we go by your tech spec standards, is probably 4.5 years old.
    In which way this silver Blackberry is it a better version?
    08-05-15 07:39 PM
    I have a Z10, Z30, original Black passport, original white Passport and now this Silver edition!!! If I like something I buy it simples...

Passport 

4 devices? Makes no sense. What for? Just to say you have them?
    08-05-15 07:40 PM
    I have 4 BlackBerry 10 devices. I am BlackBerry fan and like to try different phones. To each his own. Many of the crackberry forum members have multiple Blackberrys like me.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5990673) and the3maples like this.
    08-05-15 07:48 PM
    Nk
    I have Q10
    Classic
    White passport
    And just ordered silver pp

Posted via CB10 using a white Passport, from Texas
    08-05-15 07:51 PM
    Just ordered the silver Passport! We'll see if digital river can deliver.
    Received shipping confirmation at 16:08 with a Friday delivery.
    08-05-15 08:24 PM
    Got confirmation for Friday also!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 08:54 PM
    Why do you buy new CLOTHES and UNDERWEAR ??? does not one shirt, one trouser and one underwear suffice your daily needs. Why buy different shirts, trousers and underwear, makes no sense. what for? Just to say you have them?

Just ordered my Silver Passport Bundle-your-arguement-tyw5ub.jpg
    08-05-15 08:58 PM
    Don't. Just.... don't. Not with them.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    Your right! I went against good reasoning.
    08-05-15 11:05 PM
    Makes plenty sense to me... have two Z10s, two Z30s and, as of now, two Passports without the Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    08-05-15 11:32 PM
    In which way this silver Blackberry is it a better version?
    - reinforced frame, which hopefully eliminates the twist problem
    - improved keyboard

The rest is cosmetic, so subject to opinion.
    08-06-15 01:49 AM
    I am in India. I have contacted their customer support but there has been no response. I dont mind paying for the shipping but will there be warranty in India if I purchase the Passport Silver from crackberry.com
    JREwing likes this.
    08-06-15 06:14 AM
    For me its a frivelous spend because my second Passport is about two months old. But i'm into silver looking stuff for a lot of stuff I have and wear! Having a silver edition will just add to the aesthetic I prefer! Yes, I will get one but gonna wait a month or two to see if anyone reports issues! All I need is the flip case so I can't really benefit from the promo,im ok missing out on the accessory promo!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-06-15 07:05 AM
    For me its a frivelous spend because my second Passport is about two months old. But i'm into silver looking stuff for a lot of stuff I have and wear! Having a silver edition will just add to the aesthetic I prefer! Yes, I will get one but gonna wait a month or two to see if anyone reports issues! All I need is the flip case so I can't really benefit from the promo,im ok missing out on the accessory promo!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB

I wanted to wait a bit before I dropped $549 for the silver edition but then I realised, If I waited for reviews and feedbacks, I'd miss out on the deal.
    08-06-15 07:13 AM
    Are you on crack? Comparing clothes to electronic devices?
    I wouldn't necessarily compare clothes. We all need clothes (kinda), food, water, oxygen, shelter... you get the point. I think all of us have our one quirk that we love and tend to turn it into overkill. My best friend is arguing with me now. He just got the S6 Active and is like why the hell do you need another phone? My answer... I enjoy it. Why do you need a million high end surfboards?

You'll likely find here the few that love devices and a Passport, arguably the best BlackBerry ever made, now with reinforcement for durability + aesthetics is plenty to add a device to my BlackBerry collection. It's all in what we find valuable. I'll never understand my friend's need to purchase $200 pair of jeans, I'll take a nice $40/60 buck pair of jeans. There are a lot of us here that enjoy using multiple electronics... even different editions of the same device.

It's all in what each person finds valuable in life. If the means are there and it brings me joy to get a Silver Edition and excitement to open it and play around with it like I'm a kid on Christmas, I really don't see the issue.

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    08-06-15 08:46 AM
    I wouldn't necessarily compare clothes. We all need clothes (kinda), food, water, oxygen, shelter... you get the point. I think all of us have our one quirk that we love and tend to turn it into overkill. My best friend is arguing with me now. He just got the S6 Active and is like why the hell do you need another phone? My answer... I enjoy it. Why do you need a million high end surfboards?

You'll likely find here the few that love devices and a Passport, arguably the best BlackBerry ever made, now with reinforcement for durability + aesthetics is plenty to add a device to my BlackBerry collection. It's all in what we find valuable. I'll never understand my friend's need to purchase $200 pair of jeans, I'll take a nice $40/60 buck pair of jeans. There are a lot of us here that enjoy using multiple electronics... even different editions of the same device.

It's all in what each person finds valuable in life. If the means are there and it brings me joy to get a Silver Edition and excitement to open it and play around with it like I'm a kid on Christmas, I really don't see the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for a nice post without calling my opinion a rant and asking me for $600 like someone did so he can buy that silver device. Somehow the whole point of my post missed the audience or the audience missed it. Fine, have 10 blackberries for what I care. All I was trying to say that charging $650 for some questionable cosmetic improvements on and old device without any hardware improvements plus some trinkets is a rip off in my view. People here keep asking for NEW devices cursing and blaming Chen for not being clear on what's coming and when, and yet go out and pay premium price for a "refurbished" blackberry.

Peace
    08-06-15 09:28 AM
    That's fine, and I'm the same way. Gadgets are my thing, and I'm always trying and buying something new. But the way I do it is to get used hardware that's usually a generation old (except for BlackBerry after my experiences). That allows me to try a lot of new devices for unbelievably less. In terms of modern day computing, the miniscule hit in performance is severely shadowed by the money savings.

So I'm cool with electronics being your thing, but does owning 4 Passports give you joy? You're using one, and the other 3 are sitting in a drawer collecting dust. What's the point? You could get $1,000+ for those 3 which could give you plenty to buy the next BlackBerry device..

Ya, you played around with them like a kid on Christmas day, but now you threw them under the bed where they've become neglected $500 paperweights. Don't PERSONALLY see the point in that.

I'm waiting to get the Silver Edition either way.
    08-06-15 10:01 AM
    In Russia, people spend thousands of dollars on Vodka. In the USA, people spend thousands of dollars on electronic devices. If we really got down to it, we only need one device and one bottle of vodka to survive. But some people like multiples of things.
    08-06-15 10:53 AM
191 ... 45678