I'm in the U.S. and when I hit the final confirm order I get the out of stock message....weird.
    Gotcha. I didn't put my credit card info in... still holding off. Was actually just looking at the Blue Classic I never got and the Leap for half off the Passport price, but nothing works like the Passport. It's a disease once you use one lol.

I'm glad that it will not let you order if items actually are out of stock though cause I'd be pissed if they took my money only to send me an out of stock email. If I get one, I'll order within an hour or so.

I'll check back to see if anyone else is unable to order or if I am unable to. It took my order and gave an order number, but I didn't complete checkout.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:21 PM
    I am getting one too. Through EPP.

In the past I would sell my old device, but this time I'm keeping my black Passport as a back up, or if BlackBerry stops making devices, I need to have a spare.

Posted via CB10
    I keep all of my old devices and switch around from time to time. If one goes oh well. Have a couple Passports, Z10s, and Z30s. They are all set up identically.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:23 PM
    Yes I got the message, sorry flex shell out of stock. I think I will wait until they are back in stock.
    Well... there's our confirmation. Looks like BlackBerry will not be getting an order from me either. Thanks for saving me $600 in debt lol :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:25 PM
    I just tried again..now the flex shell is back in stock? I was able to complete the order.
    JREwing likes this.
    08-04-15 06:30 PM
    I ordered mine around 6:30 p.m. EST. I'm in the US. No problem getting my order to go through. No confirmation email yet, but it's only been just over an hour.
    08-04-15 06:37 PM
    Just got my confirmation immediately after I posted my last reply. It's a go!
    08-04-15 06:39 PM
    Thanks, just got mine to go thru as well.
    JREwing likes this.
    08-04-15 06:40 PM
    Glad you guys got your orders through looks like I'm still on the fence now.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:49 PM
    Glad you guys got your orders through looks like I'm still on the fence now.

Posted via CB10
    Just pull the trigger and you can sleep well tonight knowing that you made the right call.
    nicky_willz likes this.
    08-04-15 06:55 PM
    I ordered silver edition around 2 pm and got confirmation email by 3. I am in U.S.
    Choose domestic express. Hope to received it by friday. If not, then monday. Still haven't yet got any shipping confirmation.
    My black passport is going back as its been just 3 weeks i ordered that and is in return window still.
    08-04-15 07:00 PM
    The sync pod is basically just a stand up charger for the device these days. It is nice to set my passport in while at work when on a call or video bbm. Saves me from having to hold it up. Also I use it when traveling and using my phone as a alarm clock. It's nice but the sync name is a little misleading

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    08-04-15 07:06 PM
    I ordered the silver edition bundle earlier today. I love my OG passport now and liked the idea of being able to use the case or shell with the sync pod. The leather shell looks like it attaches to the device much better than the original one did.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:09 PM
    Probably stupid question, but being new to BBOS10 I'm not sure of all the gotcha's. Will I just be able to do a full backup of my current passport running the latest 10.3.2 OS and then do a restore to the Silver Edition? Will this essentially clone my current passport with all data, settings, wallpapers, etc.?
    08-04-15 07:17 PM
    Probably stupid question, but being new to BBOS10 I'm not sure of all the gotcha's. Will I just be able to do a full backup of my current passport running the latest 10.3.2 OS and then do a restore to the Silver Edition? Will this essentially clone my current passport with all data, settings, wallpapers, etc.?
    Yes, you should be able to do a full backup and restore via BlackBerry Link. You'll just have to input some passwords to your accounts. This is assuming that the Silver Edition is running the same or a higher OS which is 99% likely since it's a shopblackberry device.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:20 PM
    I think you need to do a Switch Device. A backup and restore is for using the same phone...
    08-04-15 07:23 PM
    Just pull the trigger and you can sleep well tonight knowing that you made the right call.
    Haha you're right... I'm just delaying the inevitable. Off to shopblackberry I go. Thanks for the push haha. That was about all I needed lol :-)

Posted via CB10
    JREwing likes this.
    08-04-15 07:24 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Silver looks so Classy!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:25 PM
    I think you need to do a Switch Device. A backup and restore is for using the same phone...
    You can use the device switch app if wanted. You can transfer pictures, files, videos, and others (the app was much improved last I used it). You just need to install the app on both BlackBerry devices and follow the steps.

If your current Passport is not having software issues, I would do a full backup and restore to the Silver Edition. BlackBerry Link is for backing up and switching devices as well. So many people here use leaks and end up having to use Link to wipe the device or create a backup, but it is really not for that officially.

Did a full backup on my mom's Z10 and restored to her AT&T Passport without issue a while ago. Have used Link mostly when switching my own devices as well.

Edit: You may have been referring to doing a device switch through BlackBerry Link. That is what you would do. It basically does what you said if you choose to backup/transfer everything to the new device. You can do a custom backup and restore it to another device as long as it's under the same BBID and the OS is equivalent or higher.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:30 PM
    Me too...Sat there staring at the screen and little did I know that my hands were typing out my address and selecting the payment option....then I came too when my original BlackBerry PP vibrated and chimed with confirmation of the order!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:35 PM

Voice of Reason
    JREwing likes this.
    08-04-15 07:35 PM
    Shipping Confirmed, delivery this Thursday 8/6... awesome news!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:47 PM
    Thanks. I just purchased a red passport from Amazon two weeks ago, but decided to go for the silver now that it is released so it sounds like a backup through link and then a restore to the silver edition is the way to go.
    08-04-15 07:55 PM
    Now will Amazon.com be selling the Silver Edition?
    Eventually.
    08-04-15 08:18 PM
    I've ordered over 10 devices from shopblackberry and 3 Passports. If I order around 8PM I'll get a confirmation email shortly after then overnight into tomorrow morning you should get shipping confirmation. If I order tonight then it should be here Friday if in stock.

I purposely waited to order (still not 100% sold) since this is how it's always happened. On occasion they'd ship the same day if I order early in the day. It is always 2-day shipping, but I always pay a few bucks for expedited shipping so I'm going by that.

I'm sure you will all receive your shipping emails by tomorrow with the expedited shipping if used. It's a few bucks after paying 500-600 and worth it; others with regular shipping have waited a while in the past :-)

Posted via CB10
    I got the expedite shipping and hope like you said by tomorrow I hope I get the shipping email

Passport 
    08-04-15 08:50 PM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Have the original Passport from day one, but must admit.. the Silver Edition is super gorgeous!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:17 PM
191 12345 ...