My history with BlackBerry is quite a storied one. I've come and gone and always seem to return. The Bold 9900 was my favourite BlackBerry device and when I heard of the Classic I thought it'd be the perfect blend of BlackBerry of old and the new, modern BlackBerry 10 experience. My plan was to upgrade from my Z30 to the Classic. But then the iPhone 6 Plus was announced and I went with it. And I fell hard for it and the larger screen. So I changed my plan. The Classic simply wouldn't do. But I've been missing my BlackBerry for the past few months. Now that I know I like the added screen real estate of "phablet" phones, I decided the Passport will suit me perfectly. Can't wait for it to arrive!!

For all you Passport owners out there, what would you say is your favourite thing about your device? What should I do with it first? Any advice or thoughts to share? I just want to share my enthusiasm and be infected by the enthusiasm of existing Passport owners! "3-5 business days" can't come soon enough!
    rarsen and Andy_bb_king like this.
    01-18-15 02:18 PM
    The best advise I could give anyone is to use, use, use and use some more, the keyboard. It takes a while to get used to the hybrid design, not to mention only having 3 rows, but once you do, you can fly with it.

Didn't own the z30 so I can only compare to my z10, but the passport definitely is noticeably faster. Your already use to BB10 so there's not much different other then the screen size and hybrid keyboard.
    Andy_bb_king and svivs like this.
    01-18-15 02:25 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:36 PM
    Thanks. Yeah the BB10 experience isn't a problem for sure. I've had the Z10, Q10 and Z30 and loved them all. The keyboard should be interesting. I'm used to the classic 4 rows versus 3. But all the reviews I read said after a week or two it'll be second nature.

I'm excited to see how everything looks with the width of the screen. I bet it'll be tremendous!!
    01-18-15 03:08 PM
    My history with BlackBerry is quite a storied one. I've come and gone and always seem to return. The Bold 9900 was my favourite BlackBerry device and when I heard of the Classic I thought it'd be the perfect blend of BlackBerry of old and the new, modern BlackBerry 10 experience. My plan was to upgrade from my Z30 to the Classic. But then the iPhone 6 Plus was announced and I went with it. And I fell hard for it and the larger screen. So I changed my plan. The Classic simply wouldn't do. But I've been missing my BlackBerry for the past few months. Now that I know I like the added screen real estate of "phablet" phones, I decided the Passport will suit me perfectly. Can't wait for it to arrive!!

For all you Passport owners out there, what would you say is your favourite thing about your device? What should I do with it first? Any advice or thoughts to share? I just want to share my enthusiasm and be infected by the enthusiasm of existing Passport owners! "3-5 business days" can't come soon enough!
    A few things:
    I no longer RIP my hair out at the frustration of touch typing and backspacing to correct the wrong text. Ios and android don't ever use!!

The intuitive word prediction and flick action is miles ahead tech wise and is awesome during long typing sessions!

Make sure you get the right protective product that will work with you and your life style! Trust me you will drop it at least once!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:52 AM
    Pretty much what these guy said.

Once you get used the Passport keyboard, it'll be second nature. You'll wonder why you always had to hit the "alt" key for special characters with all of your other BlackBerry's?

I also thought I really wanted a Classic, until I tried out the Passport....

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-19-15 09:16 AM