Bottom spacebar area is actually in the same spot just a double wide size. 2nd row on your kb middle row is the bottom row of letters on mine. So basically the virtual kb area becomes the top row of mine maybe. I was bored on a snow day morning while no one else was able to make it onto the office yet so did a very crude pshop.
    Oh gotcha! But will the screen be smaller or would they increase the size of the phone to make up for the loss of screen real estate? Looks like your design doesn't leave space for a from facing camera. Hopefully they could somehow fit the module in there lol.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-18-14 02:18 PM
    Yeah I just shoved everything up and put the logo in the chin
    11-18-14 02:21 PM
    Although I am getting used to the keyboard, I think I would have much liked the 4th row. I hope BlackBerry can work some magic on the next iteration of the device.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-18-14 07:26 PM
    After a full day of using the keyboard I can honestly say that I don't mind the absence of a 4th row. The only slow up seems to be using symbols. It is not a quick process that it used to be.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:29 PM
    Yeah I just shoved everything up and put the logo in the chin
    Maybe they could post your design in a blog post. We know JC visits crackberry often enough. If he see it, maybe it's something they could work on. Never know. They use crackberry for a lot of OS changes so it's definitely cool to give it a shot.

11-19-14 06:39 AM
    Yes I've had less than 1 week and still getting the hang of the passport keys. The main issue I had was always hitting the z key like the alt key on my Q10. Still getting used to not having an alt key and using the virtual keys for numbers and symbols etc. The spacebar also takes some getting used to. Love swiping up to select the predicted text.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:20 AM
    Yes I've had less than 1 week and still getting the hang of the passport keys. The main issue I had was always hitting the z key like the alt key on my Q10. Still getting used to not having an alt key and using the virtual keys for numbers and symbols etc. The spacebar also takes some getting used to. Love swiping up to select the predicted text.

Posted via CB10
    The swiping for predicted text is still giving me trouble. I can't seem to do it right 100% of the time. My finger ends up touching the screen instead of swipe predicting the word.

11-19-14 08:12 AM
    Maybe they could post your design in a blog post. We know JC visits crackberry often enough. If he see it, maybe it's something they could work on. Never know. They use crackberry for a lot of OS changes so it's definitely cool to give it a shot.

Not a very good photoshop. I can do much better but gotta pay the bills. Anyone who is interested can feel free to use the "concept" and run with it.

The swiping for predicted text is still giving me trouble. I can't seem to do it right 100% of the time. My finger ends up touching the screen instead of swipe predicting the word.

Does BB not put in the highest probability predicted word just by hitting space bar like every other OS does? Does it take actual manual input to select a predicted word for something I misspell like teh?
    11-19-14 08:59 AM
    Does BB not put in the highest probability predicted word just by hitting space bar like every other OS does? Does it take actual manual input to select a predicted word for something I misspell like teh?
    Talking about the three words at the bottom of the screen. Swiping to text is hard for me for some reason. Practice makes perfect. I'm trying my best.

As for 'teh' being automatically corrected to 'the' after hitting the spacebar, no, it doesn't work. It DOES however work for some punctuation mistakes like 'doesnt' into doesn't. It'll change 'liek' into 'lieu' instead of 'like' though. Idk it's weird. I don't have any trouble with my spelling or punctuation though. The predictive text does a fine job of correcting things.
    11-19-14 09:04 AM
34 12