Please talk me into keeping my Priv or go back to passport. Curious on opinions

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-06-16 04:27 PM
    How would we know what phone is best for you? Should we guess??

Keep the Passport, that is my guess.
    06-06-16 04:35 PM
    Sorry more details. I really don't game. I watch some YouTube videos, browse the Internet, occasionally netflix, finally got Facebook which I use seldom. Just want a solid phone that works all the time. I mostly text and email. Hope that helps. Oh sorry good battery life would be nice too.

06-06-16 04:39 PM
    Sorry more details. I really don't game. I watch some YouTube videos, browse the Internet, occasionally netflix, finally got Facebook which I use seldom. Just want a solid phone that works all the time. I mostly text and email. Hope that helps. Oh sorry good battery life would be nice too.

Sound like you have the right Phone.
    06-06-16 06:50 PM

Hmmm it's hard to say.
    Passport....
    Unbeatable battery life
    Larger keyboard and better balance while typing.
    Slow camera
    Some key features like texting and phone apps have glitches.
    Runs BB10 which is nice.
    Flawless hub

Priv.....
    Poor battery life when compared to other high end android phones.
    Quick, but poor camera when compared to other Android phones.
    More apps available which work properly.
    Physical keyboard that slides out is a plus, but phone is top heavy when using keyboard. And the keyboard is too soft to touch.
    Android OS running BlackBerry launcher. Not bad but a lot of android comes out during use.
    Hub is not as smooth a BlackBerry Hub.

I have a Passport, which was very glitchy.
    So bought a LG V10.
    Saw Priv came out.
    Tried it, and took it back with in 3 days.
    Went back to V10.
    But had the Passport in the drawer.
    Now I use my Passport as my daily phone and use the LG V10 for trips and such where I know I need a good camera. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 09:27 PM
    I had a passport but got rid of it and honestly I don't recall why. I am on a quest I am thinking may be impossible. I am trying the perfect phone. IPhone is ridiculous to me. They feel like an out dated phone to me. Androids are great and have had many just want something different. Just had a windows phone and I really liked the idea thought it was great but just insanely glitchy. I am not a normal phone guy because I am not really a techy type of person I just want a solid phone. Seems like too many phones these day are game machines and other gimmicks and the phone and texting is an after thought. So many the quest for the perfect phones is hard since I may not be a typical user.

06-06-16 09:47 PM
    I had a passport but got rid of it and honestly I don't recall why. I am on a quest I am thinking may be impossible. I am trying the perfect phone. IPhone is ridiculous to me. They feel like an out dated phone to me. Androids are great and have had many just want something different. Just had a windows phone and I really liked the idea thought it was great but just insanely glitchy. I am not a normal phone guy because I am not really a techy type of person I just want a solid phone. Seems like too many phones these day are game machines and other gimmicks and the phone and texting is an after thought. So many the quest for the perfect phones is hard since I may not be a typical user.

The V10 is a very good phone.
    Only reasons I'm not using it right now....
    I like BB10 more than android
    I like physical keyboard better than touch screen.
    And the V10 runs so smooth without glitches, that it gets boring. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 05:12 AM
    What texting glitches does the passport have.

06-07-16 06:48 AM
    Keep the Passport, send me the Priv!
    06-07-16 07:39 AM
    Actually I am considering trading for a passport silver edition.

06-07-16 08:05 AM
    I bought a Priv and ended up buying a Passport when they had the sale in May. Priv is nice...if you want apps. But if you need fast/efficient communications, excellent battery life, and a phone that's ready to use out of the box without going through a bunch of apps to see what's best. Passport is the winner for me.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and bigjman like this.
    06-07-16 10:16 AM
    I'm not going to try and talk you into anything. If you are happier with the passport then use it. I like my priv but I'd still be using my z30 if gthe browser wasn't such a turd now. The battery life on my priv is just a bit less than my z30. It's a non issue for me. If the browser did all I needed on bb10 I'd still be there. I don't even require a pkb but I do like the ability to scroll and have full screen and I'm getting fair at typing with it. Use what ya like man. As to the camera, I like the priv camera. It takes some pretty nice shots. Admittedly I don't use it a lot so I'm no expert on cell phone cameras but if I wanted to take a lot of quality pictures I think I'd invest in a good CAMERA

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-07-16 10:28 AM
    What texting glitches does the passport have.

Texting it's self. I guess no glitch. But if I try to do a MMS text, when adding the picture, the conversation starts flickering until I hit send. Every passport I've owned has done it.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 10:29 AM
    I think aboldcurve said exactly what I want. I just want efficient, decent camera, and Web browsing. Efficient is the key though

06-07-16 11:29 AM
    I got tired of the heating up issues on the priv and poor battery. Went back to passport and already much happier

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 07:45 AM
    Passport. Use a tablet for all that other stuff. Why not?

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    bigjman likes this.
    06-08-16 08:15 AM
    Why did you get rid of your Passport and get a Priv? Do you like the Priv or not?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-08-16 04:51 PM
    Thought I wanted a different phone only to find out I just wanted the passport back. The priv wasn't that bad other than getting hot and so so battery life. I guess going away from the passport for a moment made me realize how great of a phone it is. It is the closest to me to my ideal phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 06:37 PM
    Texting it's self. I guess no glitch. But if I try to do a MMS text, when adding the picture, the conversation starts flickering until I hit send. Every passport I've owned has done it.

Posted via CB10
    Odd, I just tried sending a MMS with no flickering. Black passport running PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 06:41 PM
    How would we know what phone is best for you? Should we guess??

Keep the Passport, that is my guess.

Hey Denise,

Who is your service provider for your BlackBerry Passport? I recently purchased one and I will like to know which provider works best with the Passport in LA.
    06-10-16 11:34 AM
    I am on T-Mobile.
    06-10-16 04:12 PM
    I sold my SE after getting a Priv and both are really great phones it took a while to get use to android but its fine BB10 is smooth so is the SE
    Keep both
    06-10-16 04:47 PM

You might be an app guy and not really a phone guy. My 2 cents.
    06-11-16 11:36 AM
    I have had the passport for about 5 days now and have just a few apps and I can honestly said I have never been happier with a phone for me this is easily the best all around phone. I don't think I am an app guy. Only have about 5 but maybe that does make me an app guy not sure just know I am very please with coming back home to a passport

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 09:58 PM