Never had any issues with any of the BlackBerry phones I owned, but double typing on the Q10, which was resolved by kb replacement from official channels.
    Just got my PP today and am a bit worried.
    In some % would it be safe to assume most people don't experience the warping, screen lifting etc?
    It was purchased from Amazon, brand new, Mexico 6, 241014... for starters, what I do know is that the keyboard is fully responsive (space bar too) to touch navigation, so one scare off the list

Just look at 'em. Pic taken with Z10
    Just got my PP. Should I now be scared?-img_20150329_181139_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 02:18 PM
    Oh just relax. Enjoy your new phone. Stay out of the forums. I've had the phone since October and 17 others in my group. Not one issue. Take it easy.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    03-29-15 02:20 PM
    Don't worry. I've had the "flickering screen", the "hot right hand corner", etc, etc.... fact is they have all gone away with time.

I think a lot of the 'problems' people report are normal stuff that just require a soft reset if anyone at all. Many folk are probably too quick to complain rather trying to find a solution. I'm sure there are some legitimate claims but my feeling is that they are a very small minority.

Love my Passport and would not trade for any other phone out there.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 02:49 PM
    Oh just relax. Enjoy your new phone. Stay out of the forums. I've had the phone since October and 17 others in my group. Not one issue. Take it easy.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    This really in a nutshell. Stay off the forums as people reporting issues in here are just exaggerating and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them don't actually own the Passport.

Have had mine since launch and absolutely no issues, even with every single update it's been gold as gold.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 03:10 PM
    Love my passport. No issues, screen perfect, no double typing, no flicker since last fix, just a great device. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 03:14 PM
    This really in a nutshell. Stay off the forums as people reporting issues in here are just exaggerating and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them don't actually own the Passport.

Have had mine since launch and absolutely no issues, even with every single update it's been gold as gold.

Posted via CB10
    It's not bad to be skeptical but at the same time I don't believe there are so many people that just go to different forums posting issues about things they don't own. In the same respect a forum will have more threads about issues than anything and even though it may be a few/tens of people it seems worse because people who have no issue don't make threads just to say they have no issue unless of course it's here and some fan is annoyed by all the issue threads and then of course we get these I love my bb threads to try to counter the issue threads.
    03-29-15 03:15 PM
    Had my passport since day one, everything runs perfect never had problems with it ! Enjoy

From Le BlackBerry Passport 
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 03:31 PM
    Thank you all for reassurance and most importantly of all, reminder forums are a place to back off when checking if something really provides what it promises.
    Coincidentally, I just bought a new car too and forums are full of people saying it's the worst van ever... still, one of the bestsellers in its class and working like a swiss clock

It's easier than ever to develop unhealthy measure of paranoia.
    Just updating my PP and will then start dl-ing the apps I know I will need from tomorrow when I switch my SIM to nano uSIM (LTE, as of three carriers, mine is the first to have it introduced before the end of April, when others will make it available to their users too)

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-29-15 03:51 PM
    There is a one year warranty on it. If the screen lifts they will repair or replace. First six months they will do a warranty exchange. After that you have to send in the phone and use a backup.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 03:54 PM
    Congrats on your Passport. I got mine - the AT&T model - nearly three weeks ago. I have really enjoyed using it with no problems so far.

Personally I read reports of problems in the forums for what they are - just reports. They provide good info that others can use, but it's hard to gauge the real incidence rate here when people who post are more motivated to report problems in the first place. Thus I'm not inordinately concerned about potential issues down the road and hope you won't be either. Enjoy your new phone!

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 05:03 PM
    I myself purchased mine on launch day and received it Oct 3. I to was a skeptic until my screen came up on the lower right side. I contacted Blackberry as soon as I noticed in January. Was without my BlackBerry for a little over two weeks but they absorbed all costs and replaced my device. I didn't notice my device warping or anything but I will say it ran very hot at times in my pocket I presume the glue softened to the point it wasn't adhering to the frame of my device. The replacement Passport so far doesn't run as hot as my first device. I didn't want to replace it since it worked fine but had no choice. Good luck to you on your purchase.

Note: I had an opportunity to use a Note 4 just to be fair to my fellow coworkers and use the device as a daily driver and experienced more issues with Android apps than you can imagine. The UI the simple things that keep you working everyday just isn't there on that device.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 05:34 PM
    Six passport in my family now, ZERO PROBLEMS. I think issues are few and far between. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry and bungaboy like this.
    03-29-15 05:42 PM
    OP. Relax. Have a cup of tea.

Three BlackBerry Passport in my house. All perfect.

If you have any problems. Come back and ask your questions and I'm sure lots of knowledgeable kind people will help you out. Rest assured the Passport is a rock solid device!

Enjoy it

Cheers. B

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 03-29-15 at 06:31 PM.
    LyoobaBerry and bungaboy like this.
    03-29-15 05:55 PM
    I encountered almost no problem since my purchase in November!
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 06:04 PM
    Just update dude and reboot and no problem pal, I've experienced no issues since the update

Posted via BBPP
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 06:09 PM
    Six Passports in my family, 4 in early October.

We haven't experienced any issues.
    bigbadben10 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    03-29-15 06:29 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Mine has been perfect since October... enjoy it! Forums are here when you need help on how to do certain things... just focus on what u need... ignore the rest...

From my awesome Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:41 PM
    I've had my Passport since mid-day the day it launched. No problems at all. It's one of the best build qualities I've seen on a device - BlackBerry or other brand.

As to the screen lifting?

As a moderator, I see more of some types of threads than most members -- particularly the controversial ones like the screen lifting. I've observed that people tend to repost and refer to other threads about problems, giving the impression that a problem is more widespread than it actually is.

In short, enjoy your device, don't abuse it, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 07:25 PM
    No other than all the software problems and glitches and then a few hardware issues as well, you should really enjoy your Passport especially if you are already use to Blackberry platform and all of its shortcomings!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:42 PM
    I've had my passport for a while (month after launch). With the exception of getting bricked by an update that AT&T pushed out in error, the phone has been flawless. No double typing issues like on my Q10, no issues others have experienced on Passport.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    03-29-15 09:55 PM
    No issues with my screen and I treat it pretty harshly, I love this phone

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:14 PM
    It's a great phone. Just ignore all the negative Posts here as crackberry should be renamed crapberry if you let all these negative folks try to influence you. I've had my Passport since November and I still love it more each day! Jim

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 10:40 PM
    I've had my Passport since the middle of November, had a bit of screen flickering but nothing since the update. Relax and enjoy your new smartphone, it is absolutely a joy to use.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 11:10 PM
    No you should not.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-30-15 12:56 AM