No they don't. They issue a new one. Trust me, it will only cause problems down the line. Don't go the bandaid method.

Posted via CB10
    My carrier took my z10 micro and trimmed it to a nano--I watched them do it. They have a machine to do it.
    12-04-14 09:58 AM
    So I bought a nano sim and it's not getting carrier signal with the latest leak OS.

Does anyone know of issues with the radio file?
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:59 AM
    My sim card was literally cut by a machine, cost me 5 bucks instead of 25 bucks.

It was precisely cut and I have no issues inserting and removing it.

Passport/CB10
    In Canada at least both Bell and Rogers charge only $5 for a new SIM. Telus charges $10. Often they will give you a SIM for free as long as you activate it yourself by either calling customer service or going online.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:27 AM
    So I bought a nano sim and it's not getting carrier signal with the latest leak OS.

Does anyone know of issues with the radio file?
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    Did you actually transfer your service to the new SIM?

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    12-04-14 10:27 AM
    Well, that stinks. I bought a red Passport. I just assumed I could swap my SIM card from my Z30.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1133 /Telus
    When dealing with technology it is never safe to assume. Like when every carrier said bb10 didn't need a special data plan so I assumed bell would be the same and they told me I had to pay $60 a month for my 6gb... to which i replied 'lol' and told them to cancel my contract, needless to say they honoured my previous plan with 'regular' data

The actual chip is the same size, it is just a smaller plastic housing...

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:36 AM
    It's quite a common thing to discover at the last minute you need a different size/type of SIM, whichever brand of smartphone you are using.
    12-04-14 10:41 AM
    Did you actually transfer your service to the new SIM?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the rogers rep put the SIM into an Iphone 6 and it was fine. I figured it was the Leak OS and decided to go home with no working service. I put the default OS back on the phone using LINK. now the carrier service is up.
    I then was using sachesi to upgrade the OS again and found it was still on 10.3.1... GOOD..
    Now im doing a restore of my data. keeping my fingers crossed!

My suggestion for NEW PASSPORT owners. Make sure your SIM is working in the phone before you upgrade to a Leak version.
    12-04-14 11:49 AM
    I guess u should have done some research before u bought the phone lol
    12-04-14 11:54 AM
    The worst part is I have to wait for a rogers store to open tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    you do know it's Thursday in Canada right? is it a holiday where you live?
    NanoSIM from Rogers will be free and they can update the SIM there in the store to merge with your number - this way any new texts will update your existing migration text content history.
    12-04-14 01:14 PM
    My carrier did cut my SIM for free because they don't have nano sim. As said previously, you have to sand off the plastic in order to avoid your sim to be stuck inside.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. A carrier that doesn't support Apple. I didn't think any existed. Learn something new every day.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    12-04-14 01:48 PM
    for future reference carriers someimes will provide free sim cards online what i do is order few nano's and a few micro sims and keep them till when i need them
    12-04-14 02:21 PM
    I walked into a local drugstore that sells phones including those for my current provider...Koodo. They were able to sell me a Nano sim for the Passport from that provider...$10.00. They then got me on-line from their terminal to my provider's site, I logged in and performed a new sim replacement process. My Passport was up and running within a few minutes

This store is open 24/7, so these types of stores are a good option if you are caught on a holiday or after hours situation with your provider brick and mortar stores.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:25 PM
    One other thing to note, I went to AT&T to get a new nano SIM and transfer my 9900 phone. They gave me the SiM for free and the phone worked immediately they provisioned the SIM. The support guy hadn't seen the Passport in the flesh before so I gave him a demo.
    I left the store / mall and on the way home noticed that the data wasn't working and when I checked the network status it said the SIM card is not compatible. I returned to the store and after some head scratching by the support guy he figured that the 9900 was using a different data plan than that needed for the Passport, a few entries later on his terminal I was all set. The reason the demo worked for me earlier was because I was still connected to the Starbucks WiFi next door.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:48 PM
    I feel your pain. I realized it, and planned on it. Had the passport shipped to work. The t-mo store is two doors down, went on my brake to pick up a sim, and they were out of stock of nano sims. I was flabberghasted.
    12-04-14 04:07 PM
    Did you remember to get new AA batteries? Most people forget to buy the batteries when they buy a new toy. LOL

Posted via CB10
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    12-04-14 04:34 PM
    Then why don't you try it and report back?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    I will soon

Just got my passport and no....-img_20141204_182352.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:25 PM
    That thread title got me lol
    12-05-14 01:05 AM
    I knew about the Nano SIM issue before I ordered my BlackBerry Passport and ordered a Nano SIM cutter with adapters from Amazon before my Passport arrived. The problem is that the package was missing the metal adapter to cut a Micro SIM. So I had to request a replacement. The new one came and had the adapter so I could cut my Z30 Micro SIM and an emery board to sand the rough edges.

I used to look down on Apple in disgust for being one of the few to use a Nano SIM, making it harder to swap SIM cards to other phones. I still feel the same with non-removable batteries.

Now I have to eat my thoughts because BlackBerry is doing the same stupid crap.

I sure hope the classic will be able to last for 20 hours of heavy use for those users that will need it.

Entered on my BlackBerry Passport
    12-05-14 01:40 AM
    Just a FYI on using an adapter to go from a smaller SIM to a larger SIM slot in a BlackBerry:
    The way the BlackBerry contacts are arranged in the devices SIM slot, they can get stuck between the edges of a smaller SIM inside of an adapter.
    Many people destroy their device by trying to force the SIM adapter out of SIM slot when those contacts get caught.
    If you use such an adapter and feel unusual resistance when trying to remove the adapter from the device, STOP!
    • Obtain a small strip of plastic, like the plastic used in display packages for small items, cut it to the same width of the SIM slot and a length that is longer than the SIM slot, so you have something to hold on to.
    • Gentle insert the strip into the SIM slot between the SIM and contacts, this will retract the contacts off of the SIM. You are using the strip as a "wedge" in this case.
    • Then gently remove the SIM adapter and then the strip.
    12-05-14 07:59 AM
    Good tip!
    12-05-14 12:58 PM
    This is a good read.

Just got my passport and no....-51ul2vr5til.jpg
    12-05-14 01:20 PM
    I find it somewhat bizarre that US carriers charge for a replacement SIM. My nephew is getting a new phone for his Christmas (don't ask) and it requires a nano SIM. We popped into the Vodafone shop and picked one up for free.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 04:11 PM
    I find it somewhat bizarre that US carriers charge for a replacement SIM. My nephew is getting a new phone for his Christmas (don't ask) and it requires a nano SIM. We popped into the Vodafone shop and picked one up for free.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's the location / staff disgression here. I know I've never paid for a sim over at my local t-mo store, but have had friends go there and have to pay. Hell, I picked up a phone for my brother for Christmas, and they gave me a spare because they didnt know if the phone came with a sim or not.
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 12-05-14 at 04:48 PM. Reason: sim
    12-05-14 04:45 PM
    When I got z10's for my kids to replace their older androids, I had to micro sims from Bell Canada.

What a nightmare that was: More than $5 as advertised, couldn't do it online, despite what they said. The Bell rep on the phone actually activated one of the phones over the other one and couldn't reverse, so I had to go back and get additional sims and start over again. What should have taken 15 minutes, took 3 days. Yikes. ....

But all is good now, everybody is on BB and happy.
    12-05-14 05:38 PM
    I will soon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141204_182352.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	318758

Posted via CB10
    I just want to caution you. I had an adaptor, a very good one, with the SIM card in it and it still got caught when pulling it out, and broke a pin in the SIM tray.

The repair tech who replaced my tray said that there is always a 50-50 chance when using an adaptor of damaging the tray - there isn't an adaptor that is 100% proof all the time.

Hopefully it won't be an issue for you. Just be as careful as you can when removing it from your Z10. Good luck.
    12-06-14 10:42 AM
52 123