11-24-14 08:17 PM
62 123
tools
    Yes, but the passport has gg3. I think it's 2 on the Z30.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    GG3 is not going to save a phone. GG2 wouldn't either. The latest iterations of GG seem to scratch and break easier than the original. I had a SGS Vibrant and we would take the store demo and punch it with keys, hammer it off the steel corner of the tills, it's it with mallets, throw it across the store, take an xacto knife to it, and when it finally gave the glass was fine but the digitizer under it went (after a vigorous pounding with a large rubber mallet at full force -about 36 blows). My phone when I sold it was scratch less and I didn't ever have a case or protector on it for 2 years. My GS3 was scratched within the first week in my pocket by itself and not a coating scratch, a deep groove...and the screen on the demo GS2 shattered while we were sticking it to the security double sided tape. Went like it got shot.

I haven't been happy with GG in a long time.
    10-12-14 10:40 AM
    Dropped my Z30 on a concrete driveway, screen cracked into 1/3 and 2/3, still works well...
    10-12-14 11:16 AM
    Good to hear that cod have been a mess

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-12-14 11:18 AM
    Is the concrete floor ok?

Check out my photography channel
    10-12-14 11:25 AM
    GG3 is not going to save a phone. GG2 wouldn't either. The latest iterations of GG seem to scratch and break easier than the original. I had a SGS Vibrant and we would take the store demo and punch it with keys, hammer it off the steel corner of the tills, it's it with mallets, throw it across the store, take an xacto knife to it, and when it finally gave the glass was fine but the digitizer under it went (after a vigorous pounding with a large rubber mallet at full force -about 36 blows). My phone when I sold it was scratch less and I didn't ever have a case or protector on it for 2 years. My GS3 was scratched within the first week in my pocket by itself and not a coating scratch, a deep groove...and the screen on the demo GS2 shattered while we were sticking it to the security double sided tape. Went like it got shot.

I haven't been happy with GG in a long time.
    it's not so much the glass as much as how the glass is supported. if your phone has an edge to edge display like the passport does, it's gonna crack. my Q10 doesn't have GG but the display is wrapped in the steel bezel so it's survived hard drops on tile floors.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-12-14 12:46 PM
    Has anyone confirmed that Passport works with a cracked screen? I believe the Z10 was rendered useless with a cracked screen, i would hope since it sounds like Z30 rectified this, PP will still work despite a cracked screen. Anyone know for sure?
    10-16-14 08:40 PM
    no.
    Attachment 305251

and this isn't mine, but what happens when you drop it on one of the top corners. get a case.

Posted via CB10
    HOLY SH*T!!!!!

Sent from my awesome White Z30!
    10-16-14 09:05 PM
    Lucky you!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:25 PM

Check this link it has a drop test by two arab guys.they dropped the passport on all sides.the language used is arabic but subtitles are in english.durability is awsome by far any other phone in the market till date.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 12:11 PM
    OP I'm glad your Passport survived that drop/fall.

I have dropped/thrown my Z10 several times. The only reason that I say thrown is when talking to people and I have device in hand and describing something and I am showing them and as soon as I move my arm....Z10 goes flying though the air and hits the wall, the floor and anything in between, only to have the back cover and battery go in different directions.
    The response from "everyone" around is usually "dude your phone is toast man!"
    I politely pick up my phone, place the battery back in and turn it on and show them no cracked screen and phone works as soon as it starts up. Then the responses are "what kind of phone is that?" and when I say its a BlackBerry, the attitude changes to, "I didn't think that was an iphone because it would have been ruined."

I walk away happy and pissed off......happy phone is ok , but pissed because.........MAN I f---ing dropped my phone
    11-24-14 01:07 PM
    Best thing about z30, don't get hot.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 01:15 PM
    Dumped mine from my pocket into the snow face down. It sat there like that for 10 to 15 minutes before I realized it was missing.

Happy to report...no worse for wear!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 08:17 PM
62 123