So I was getting out of the car when i fumbled my passport and it dropped and hit the concrete floor. I didn't have a case but upon initial inspection there seemed to be no damage i could see. However, after getting the device under better light i saw a hairline crack across my screen going from the top middle of the phone to just below the lower volume rocker button.

With the screen lit up the crack is almost entirely invisible however you can easily see it when the screen is off. I love the phone, build quality is beautiful and this is completely my fault. I just want to get the phone fixed as quickly as possible but i wouldn't even know where to begin. With the phone being so new i would think it would be next to impossible to find parts for it? I bought it through my business plan on rogers but I'm sure its not covered by any type of warranty.

Anyways, i thought i would post here and if see if anyone has any suggestions to get my phone fixed. Right now my plan is to just wait a couple a months and wait till its easier to find a replacement screen for it.
    10-28-14 10:37 PM
    Hey thanks for posting this. I usually don't use cases on my phone so I'm hoping mine holds up pretty well
    10-28-14 10:44 PM
    I'd check with you service provider. They may have some sort of option for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:55 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I've seen no Passport drop test yet. So I bought a leather pouch off ebay for this same reason.
    10-28-14 10:58 PM
    Most likely will have to be sent back to BlackBerry and most likely won't be free

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-28-14 10:59 PM
    I'm not really concerned about the cost. Im a bit clumsy sometimes and i don't like cases, bad combination. I had to replace the screen on my Z30 twice because of two bad drops. However, i was able to find the replacement screen online and got everything done for approximately a $100 dollars each time. The most important thing was I didn't have to part with my phone for more than an hour each time by scheduling with the technician ahead of time. Right now I can't even dream of going back to my Z30 for more than a day or two.

I"m almost contemplating ordering another one and fixing this one and selling it at a later date when i can find a replacement screen.
    10-28-14 11:14 PM
    If you have that capability, that could be your best option.
    10-28-14 11:23 PM
    I"m almost contemplating ordering another one and fixing this one and selling it at a later date when i can find a replacement screen.
    Or you can just keep it for the inevitable next time.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:29 PM
    hi, i posted earlier about a drop test. since you might be replacing your screen anyway, might doing a drop test and post on youtube?
    10-28-14 11:29 PM
    hi, i posted earlier about a drop test. since you might be replacing your screen anyway, might doing a drop test and post on youtube?
    Lol,.. he already dropped it and it broke. What else is there to test?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:47 PM
    Uhm, let me think about that one. Besides the hairline crack there's no other damage. I'm not sure I want to write this passport off.
    10-28-14 11:48 PM
    Looking at the edges of the passport, one drop can be the death of the phone.

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1531 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    10-28-14 11:52 PM
    dude if u have that kind of clumsiness issue u better put some protection to ur gear man...buy otterbox of any kind of bags that have impact protection,my Z10 have otterbox..drop couple of times already..just a small dent in the corner only
    10-29-14 12:19 AM
    And I'd hope you would denote the history of the cell phone during such a sale...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:37 AM
    I would rather have a clear conscience than an extra fifty bucks.
    10-29-14 01:14 AM
    If you don't care about the cost, better send me that cracked one then buy a new one.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:33 AM
    I would rather have a clear conscience than an extra fifty bucks.
    You're good people

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:52 AM