No chance of vzw. May switch from vzw if no answer given couple days and someone else does.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    What makes you say no chance for VZW? Is this confirmed? I'm betting they carry but not sure about how soon. Most likely the first major US Carrier.

Posted via Q10
    saxxman likes this.
    09-23-14 02:15 PM
    Well, this is getting less satisfactory. No store has been able to give me a price. That will not be available until tomorrow they all say.
    Also, they can't sell them until 11 AM Atlantic Time, 10AM Eastern Time. They can't sell a minute before then.
    Understandable I suppose, having things coordinated. But a shame as I could have picked up before 10 but will be in meetings until late afternoon. Still, can't imagine they'll sell out.
    09-23-14 02:21 PM
    In other threads those who watch the FCC approvals report no CDMA Passports have come through. So unlikely it will be on VZW immediately.
    09-23-14 02:27 PM
    What about ATT?

I'll switch to one of the US GSM carriers tomorrow if it's available. Or if Verizon isn't going to carry it.

Posted via CB10
    stooy leown likes this.
    09-23-14 02:29 PM
    What makes you say no chance for VZW? Is this confirmed? I'm betting they carry but not sure about how soon. Most likely the first major US Carrier.

Posted via Q10
    Didnt mean ever, just meant tomorrow. And we are still waiting for it to go through fcc(if it's even there yet)
    Has been mentioned in the leaked OSes, but that's about it.

Like someone said, I'd switch to att or someone if it's avail tomorrow.

09-23-14 03:02 PM
    I saw WCDMA radio listed but I do not know what that means or if any other phone has that listed.

The iPhone 6 actually have both GSM and CDMA listed but not WCDMA.

Has anyone visited a corporate verizon store yet so see the lay of the land recently.

I also poked around the FCC website and a couple new dates popped up that were not there (obviously) last month.

Newly submitted devices/documents were submitted on 9/11/2014. Not sure what they are as I can't understand most of it. Also within those submittals are release/confidentiality dates. ie photos, user manuals, etc for 10/26/2014. I posted this in the FCC thread of the Passport forum but I seem to not be able to find that thread again.
    09-23-14 04:13 PM
    I've got Telus in Burlington Ont confirming it will be available tomorrow, but Rogers ain't talking. It's OK, I'll just buy it from Telus.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-23-14 04:34 PM
    Does anyone know if T-Mobile will be carrying them?
    T-Mobile US will NOT carry any new BlackBerry Device. They have cut all licensing agreements with BlackBerry few months back.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:06 PM
    Please rogers have it tomorrow I need my BlackBerry fix :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:08 PM
    ^ its a telus exclusive , maybe by october you can get one.
    dalight13 likes this.
    09-23-14 05:12 PM
    No way, there's no way Telus could get exclusivity to it and not Bell or Rogers

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    rukdngme likes this.
    09-23-14 05:13 PM
    You know that for sure or its just a rumor?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:14 PM
    Local store rep told me that too

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:16 PM
    Exclusives happen in Canada (Bell has the GS5 Alpha right now, for instance), but I don't ever remember seeing a BlackBerry exclusive here, aside from special colors. That would seriously **** off a lot of people. Including me.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    09-23-14 05:18 PM
    No way, there's no way Telus could get exclusivity to it and not Bell or Rogers

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    That's what you would think, but Telus has continued to offer all BlackBerry devices in store. Maybe this is a little spanking for Rogers who hasn't been as loyal.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-23-14 05:20 PM
    Went to my local Corp VZW store. No new displays. Not even for the i6. They just put them on the same display next to the i5s. Not that much of a big deal.

The Z30 is still here though.

If they didn't make a major (or any shift) in retail displays for the i6 they probably would just slide the Passport with everything else.

Still holding out hope that we see a VZW Passport before the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:22 PM
    Went to my local Corp VZW store. No new displays. Not even for the i6. They just put them on the same display next to the i5s. Not that much of a big deal.

The Z30 is still here though.

If they didn't make a major (or any shift) in retail displays for the i6 they probably would just slide the Passport with everything else.

Still holding out hope that we see a VZW Passport before the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    Any chance that's the store on 13? In bensalem? I am assuming your from the 215.

09-23-14 05:24 PM
    Nope Springfield Delaware County.

When I showed him a picture of the passport he made the face and made the comment that they were going away.

I said with billions in cash and making acquisitions they are in a nice position.

He was impressed with the latest acquisition that I told him about.

And I also talked about the 9am announcement.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:56 PM
    That was what i was told when i called a few stores , its at telus exclusive for now and they have stock in stores already for tomorrow. I dont doubt that rogers and bell will be getting them later but telus has them right now for tomorrow.

My guy at rogers has ZERO information about receiving the passport at his store, means they arent getting it YET. But telus will be first to have it.
    09-23-14 06:01 PM
    Are the supposed to be available in the US tomorrow? I just assumed only from Blackberry since only off contract price was given.
    09-23-14 06:01 PM
    Ok just left the store and have to add that overall it was a great experience.

Another VZW salesman saw me typing away on my Q10 and asked, "hey why do you keep your blackberry?" At first I thought it was negative but he said he still has a non touch screen blackberry.

Showed him the picture of the passport and he was in awe.

Told him about the touch sensitive keyboard. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head in amazement.

And then another salesperson heard about the advanced touch screen and touch keyboard and she mentioned a new feature that Mercedes has for a new car coming out soon.

BOOM, I dropped some QNX knowledge on them.

Sorry for the rambling but hopefully soon I can go back and show off the android apps capability.

Posted via CB10
    RodolfoAP and Turnda643 like this.
    09-23-14 06:04 PM
    Are the supposed to be available in the US tomorrow? I just assumed only from Blackberry since only off contract price was given.
    I don't know but I will be here at 9AM EST:

BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphones - ShopBlackBerry.com
    09-23-14 06:18 PM
    If Verizon carries the Passport, it will probably be available in mid- to late-November. At least that's how the Z30 saga shook out as far as world launch and Verizon availability.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-23-14 09:10 PM
    The f**king duties in Jamaica for phones is obscene.

It will probably work out cheaper to fly up to Florida and buy one and bring it back.

Watching closely to see with whom I should buy an.unlocked one from US or Canada?

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    09-23-14 09:32 PM
    Pls post Canadian price when you have it, buying outright/off-contract, tax included. Thanks.
    I saw in another post that stated the cost will be in $700 CDN. On a 2 year contract it is $200 for the first week and $250 after, and this is from Telus. I suppose Robbers and Bell might sell it for less or more, or just the same. Guess we will all find out in a couple of hours.
    09-23-14 11:34 PM
58 123