Good news, pre-booking at axiom and BlackBerry store now open. I just pre-booked and put a deposit, deliver tentative 26th and price AED 2699.(tentaive)
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    09-19-14 03:58 AM
    Good news, pre-booking at axiom and BlackBerry store now open. I just pre-booked and put a deposit, deliver tentative 26th and price AED 2699.(tentaive)
    Awesome! I will be visiting my local Axiom store tonight, hopefully they have a clue as to what the Passport is. I walked into an Axiom store a week back and I asked the guy working there.."When will you be getting the Passport?" His reply, "What do you mean?" I said "the new BlackBerry!" he said "Oh I haven't even heard about it"
    09-19-14 05:03 AM

Yes...I can confirm this news too as I have just now received call from BlackBerry store in Dubai and given option to pre-book to receive on 26th.

Because I am not an Arab, I do not want the local language symbols imprinted on Passport...i prefer the clean look (alphabets alone and no symbols) ..after all that's the beauty of passport. I have requested for information on this. They said would check on this and get back.
    09-19-14 07:12 AM
    Keep us posted on this as I also don't want the Arabic symbols on my keyboard

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:38 AM
    I can confirm this aswell. Called the store. Price is perfect! 2699!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:14 AM
    I can confirm this aswell. Called the store. Price is perfect! 2699!

Posted via CB10
    That's expensive, over 700 dollars,
    09-19-14 10:39 AM
    this is really getting boring. every country in the world is being ripped off with VAT/import taxes. you cant just exchange currencies..
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    09-19-14 11:01 AM
    To be honest i was expecting it to be more.. knowing how BlackBerry prices their products.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:09 AM
    this is really getting boring. every country in the world is being ripped off with VAT/import taxes. you cant just exchange currencies..
    I know, that's why I expect it to be between +/-100$ of that value
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    09-19-14 11:10 AM
    To be honest i was expecting it to be more.. knowing how BlackBerry prices their products.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, I didn't expect to cost under 500 either... I still had a hope that they would learn from the first overpriced BB10 products, because after all, it doesn't have the latest specs available, so could be some cost cutting involved to get the price down
    09-19-14 11:11 AM
    Yes, BlackBerry is used to overpricing the products. But I am happy with 2699 AED for THIS phone... I fail to understand why some people say...Blackberry would fail if Passport isn't in the 550$ bracket. Passport isn't overpriced...this one deserves more...the specs innovation and build deserve the price...i feel
    Last edited by johndsilva-bbpp; 09-20-14 at 03:33 AM.
    09-19-14 11:38 AM
    The price of Z10 with comparatively inferior specs was 2599Aed at launch...and now Passport with such much superior specs is 2699AEd.

So I would say BlackBerry has learned from mistakes and has rightly priced Passport. You cannot sell a Lamborgini for the price of a Ford
    09-19-14 11:46 AM
    I can also confirm this information! I passed by the BlackBerry store today

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:55 AM
    I can confirm that axiom in abu dhabi is taking pre-booking. The phone is out on 27th
    The total price is 2799. Pre-book is 200 and the final price is 2599 AED

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 12:20 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry is used to overpricing the products. But I am happy with 2699 AED for THIS phone... I fail to understand why some people say...Blackberry would fail if Passport isn't in the 550$ bracket. Passport isn't overpriced...this one deserves 700$...the specs innovation and build deserve the price...i feel
    Unfortunatly market doesn't work with "deserve" or "not deserve"... And pricing is a crucial factor in the success of the device, who knows if Z10 and Q10 didn't fail because of high pricing.
    09-19-14 04:14 PM
    That's the UAE price. Take a third off and you have the US price

Posted via Q10 ?
    09-19-14 04:36 PM
    That's the UAE price. Take a third off and you have the US price

Posted via Q10 ?
    Add another third to the US price and we will have european price that I'll have to buy :/
    Grzesiek Godlewski likes this.
    09-19-14 04:55 PM
    European price will be 550-600? Euros

Posted via Q10 ?
    09-19-14 05:02 PM
    Unfortunatly market doesn't work with "deserve" or "not deserve"... And pricing is a crucial factor in the success of the device, who knows if Z10 and Q10 didn't fail because of high pricing.
    You don't sell a Ferrari for the price of Ford do you

If your point is that BlackBerry should sell phones in 550$ range, then I believe you are probably talking about Classic...you could wait
    09-20-14 01:00 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Awesome and great price!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 03:01 AM
    You don't sell a Ferrari for the price of Ford do you

If your point is that BlackBerry should sell phones in 550$ range, then I believe you are probably talking about Classic...you could wait
    Looks like the classic has more or less the specs of the Q10, do you think 550$ is a fair price? ok then... That's how BB10 failed with Q10 and Z10, going head to head with the well established Iphone and top range androids.

I know it's hard to assume this, but Blackberry isn't the premium brand it used to be, and if they want to fight with the same price against Apple and the top Android players, it will struggle again... pretty much like the Z10 and Q10 did... They tried to go against the iphone and top androids in pricing, but nobody wanted to pay that for a blackberry
    09-20-14 10:07 AM
    Looks like the classic has more or less the specs of the Q10, do you think 550$ is a fair price? ok then... That's how BB10 failed with Q10 and Z10, going head to head with the well established Iphone and top range androids.

I know it's hard to assume this, but Blackberry isn't the premium brand it used to be, and if they want to fight with the same price against Apple and the top Android players, it will struggle again... pretty much like the Z10 and Q10 did... They tried to go against the iphone and top androids in pricing, but nobody wanted to pay that for a blackberry

I just think that the whole point of me trying to say 550$ was based on my thinking that 2699AED translates to 2699/3.67= 740$ odd. But I now realise that it's not the case...and that price in Europe /US is not this way...my wrong
    09-20-14 11:07 AM
    Guys bad news on the Arabic keyboard front... All Passports sold in UAE from official stores will have Arabic imprinted...got confirmation from the store!

That's a let off...vast majority of us in Dubai are expatriates, there should have been an option. I was all excited to pre order...now having second thoughts

I wanted a clean looking BlackBerry. People should gaze at the sight of no symbols...that was my idea. But now with those Arabic fonts it would look like symbols imprinted.
    09-20-14 11:13 AM
    Guys bad news on the Arabic keyboard front... All Passports sold in UAE from official stores will have Arabic imprinted...got confirmation from the store!

That's a let off...vast majority of us in Dubai are expatriates, there should have been an option. I was all excited to pre order...now having second thoughts

I wanted a clean looking BlackBerry. People should gaze at the sight of no symbols...that was my idea. But now with those Arabic fonts it would look like symbols imprinted.
    Ohh sucks! :c you can probably find one somewhere with no Arabic prints but I would be exported from somewhere and it would mean no insurance in case anything happens or went wrong. I'll unfortunately have to deal with the symbols then

The question now is whether to get my Passport black or white hmm.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:52 PM
    I got my Q10 from the Dubai store and really appreciate the Arabic letters. Not only do they look cool being printed in a different color with different coloured backlighting but they also set my Q10 apart from others out there in the US or Europe

It's not like theirs only Arabic letters on it.
    09-21-14 02:13 AM
55 123