Sorry to be a downer, but I regret buying a Passport. The phone and OS have been fantastic, but the ecosystem is a mess. Snap and the Amazon market have made things better, but not enough.

Add to that the terrible battery life with the.1779 update and I finally gave up after having to reload the OS again and STILL not getting any improvement in terms of battery life. Even worse are the near constant crashes (5-10 gives a day). For anyone/everyone who wants to post that they haven't had any such issues, I'm glad you haven't had to deal with the problems that I (and judging from the forums here on CB I'm far from alone) have been dealing with.

I've had BlackBerrya for almost two decadea and I've just had it with work-arounds and overall poor performance. Chen is doing the best job possible with what he had to work with, but it's just not enough, at least not for me.

Hopefully the BlackBerry product improves, but I can't justify supporting a product that doesn't support me.

Best of luck to all of the great people here on Crackberry, both staff and posters, both groups have been such a great resource it's hard to put into words.

GBA
    04-25-15 03:24 PM
    It's true that if your top priority in a phone are the apps, BlackBerry is not the best choice
    I am sure that you will enjoy the 6 plus, my father has one and its great device with good battery life similar to the Passport. More in the IPhone you will find all the apps you need and play fluid less.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 03:33 PM
    Sorry to be a downer, but I regret buying a Passport. The phone and OS have been fantastic, but the ecosystem is a mess. Snap and the Amazon market have made things better, but not enough.

Add to that the terrible battery life with the.1779 update and I finally gave up after having to reload the OS again and STILL not getting any improvement in terms of battery life. Even worse are the near constant crashes (5-10 gives a day). For anyone/everyone who wants to post that they haven't had any such issues, I'm glad you haven't had to deal with the problems that I (and judging from the forums here on CB I'm far from alone) have been dealing with.

I've had BlackBerrya for almost two decadea and I've just had it with work-arounds and overall poor performance. Chen is doing the best job possible with what he had to work with, but it's just not enough, at least not for me.

Hopefully the BlackBerry product improves, but I can't justify supporting a product that doesn't support me.

Best of luck to all of the great people here on Crackberry, both staff and posters, both groups have been such a great resource it's hard to put into words.

GBA
    Wow, I didn't realize BlackBerry had been around for so long! I'm surprised you lasted till now without all those apps that matter to you. Sorry to hear you've had so many issues with your device. I know several people with the new, big iPhone. Good devices, but not without their own issues. I hope you like it, but don't expect perfection.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    04-25-15 03:51 PM
    I feel sorry for you. Try sending an email with two or more attachments with your iPhone.

Not trying to be a troll, but all iPhones are toys for children to play with.

No filing system, incompatible with industry standard files, poor battery life and made out of aluminium so bends, scratches and feels vile to hold.

On the upside, with the 6 plus, it's just about big enough to rest two small bottles of lager on!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and RWB3325 like this.
    04-25-15 04:08 PM
    Both phones are great, but personally prefer PP.

Posted by my sexy Passport
    04-25-15 04:16 PM
    I don't get the iPhone switch. People here complain about specs and look at iOS. Not to mention iOS is literally the most boring OS out there. At least with Android there are various manufacturers competing with each other giving the consumer some awesome devices. The iPhone has about the same specs as a Z10 and the OS is a dummy OS for the masses.

I would recommend anyone leaving BB10 that has any tech blood go Android. I left BlackBerry after the Storm for Android and came back with BB10. Right now if I had to choose an Android I'd pick the HTC One M9. Love the build quality, speakers, and other aspects of the device. With the iPhone there is no choice get a 6 or a 6+ (same thing just bigger screen).

While I'm not a fan of the S6, that alone is better than the iPhone and would fit your app needs with just as much aftermarket support as the iPhone 6. Plus there's the Edge and soon to come Active which I'm hoping it will feel much better in the hand than the S6. The S6 feels like another iPhone; light and cheap. Thinking the S6 Active will give it the solid feel that I'm used to with BlackBerry. I'm not going anywhere though. Will always have a BlackBerry as my daily phone!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:20 PM

GBA
    Rubbish. By the way.. the battery life on. 1779 is fantastic. Been on my phone like crazy today and still at 50%. On a regular day with normal use it goes a straight up 48 hours.
    Just bought an iPhone 6+-img_20150425_222516.png

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:27 PM

GBA
    Sorry you had so many issues. Want to sell that troublesome second-hand Passport cheap?
    04-25-15 04:27 PM
    GBA
    5-10 crashes a day?! I've had my Passport since November and I've had about 2-3 crashes, tops. No wonder you wanted to switch phones. Sorry you and apparently others got dealt a bad hand.
    04-25-15 04:28 PM
    I feel sorry for you. Try sending an email with two or more attachments with your iPhone.

No filing system, incompatible with industry standard files, poor battery life and made out of aluminium so bends, scratches and feels vile to hold.

On the upside, with the 6 plus, it's just about big enough to rest two small bottles of lager on!

Posted via CB10
    Aaaannnnddd here it is. I was wondering how long before the toy comment was mentioned. Isn't that comment getting tiresome? Many successful companies are using iPhones to conduct business, but I guess they shouldn't be; how can they be doing real business without a blackberry? You guys crack me up.

My iPhone 6 plus gets better battery life than my Q10 I am using. What are the industry standard files you speak about? I work for the government, have a small side business and officiate hockey in my spare time. I have never encountered something that wouldn't work on my iPhone, but worked on my blackberry. I do email pictures as attachments - usually 3-4 at a time, but maybe I am missing something with attachments.

I am along time blackberry user. I have owned the 8700, 8800, 8300, 8310, 9000, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900 and currently using the Q10. I like both, but lets be real... OK?
    jmr1015 and alternator77 like this.
    04-25-15 04:34 PM
    Congrats on your new iphone, I hope you get the maximum satisfaction that the BlackBerry couldn't provide. But I will suggest that next time you post here, you should rather post the strength and what the BlackBerry OS and passport can do, not the negative stuff. You see every OS and phone has issues. I can list all the issues that my fianc�e has with her iphone, but I think it's not important. ...... just trying to enjoy my BlackBerry passport!!!

Posted via CB10
    helalzone likes this.
    04-25-15 04:36 PM
    Had my since the release and never crashes. Crashes are the thing of the past on BlackBerry 10. Either you got crappy lemon or something is fishy.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    And the Passport has a lousy ecosystem, crappy app compatibility, screen lifting issues, but makes up for its shortcomings as an excellent sushi platter or a beer mug coaster. ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    04-25-15 04:49 PM
    As stated, not trying to troll... however, I made she mistake of buying an iPhone 5 when it came out. Took great photos etc.

Was out one evening when a client asked me to send them an email with several reports, pdfs, word docs, xls attached.

I remember thinking this would be easy as my staff and business partner had sent me these via email over the last two days....

Oh dear! Could not save any of the files from the emails (no filing system) and even so, the emailing system was so old fashioned that you couldn't attach any docs - only pictures!

With ios, it is not possible to create an email and then attach several docs and send it. With a PC or BlackBerry, I would have been able to simply reply to my clients email and say "please find attached the docs as requested"

The next day, I gave the iPhone to my ten eleven year old daughter. She loves it and spends hours playing games on it, mostly with it connected to the charger.

On my Passport, I can effectively run my entire business on it. With the iPhone, I could not do this.

When I travel abroad now, the only device I need is my BlackBerry Passport. I can store attachments, access my PC, create a pot, xls etc without the need of a laptop.

As I say, just saying things as they are, no offence intended. Hope you enjoy your iphone!

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:52 PM
    I just laugh at people who get so bent out of shape on phone popularity and the iPhone vs android. I work for a very big fortune 500 company and everyone uses iphones and I get emails with attachments and word documents etc. I do not like Apple but to imply you can't use it in the business world is hilarious.

The school my son will be attending requires all high school kids to buy a Surface Pro 3

A member of my family works for the government and she uses an old school BB

Another family member works in marketing and has everything Apple

My poor mom who hates tech has an IPhone

I like to try new things and bought a Blackberry... there is a use for most devices

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:02 PM
    I just laugh at people who get so bent out of shape on phone popularity and the iPhone vs android. I work for a very big fortune 500 company and everyone uses iphones and I get emails with attachments and word documents etc. I do not like Apple but to imply you can't use it in the business world is hilarious.

The school my son will be attending requires all high school kids to buy a Surface Pro 3

A member of my family works for the government and she uses an old school BB

Another family member works in marketing and has everything Apple

My poor mom who hates tech has an IPhone

I like to try new things and bought a Blackberry... there is a use for most devices

Posted via CB10
    Explain to me where I am wrong in what I say? Please show us all how you can send a single email with say two xls, a ppt and say a pdf attached?

As for you working for a fortune 500 company - what has that got to do with the argument in hand? PS, I OWN a company which has its HQ at One Canada Square, Canary wharf London and I have offices in Hong Kong and Beijing. All my staff use BlackBerry phones - just in case you think that is relevant? We could not function if we used Apple phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:05 PM
    OP, you are not a downer.

Hope you enjoy your new iPhone!

Posted from my Passport
    04-25-15 05:08 PM
    Explain to me where I am wrong in what I say?

Posted via CB10
    He did one better, giving a bunch of real life examples to prove it.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:10 PM
    04-25-15 05:16 PM