Just bought a brand new Passport for $180. I always wanted to try BlackBerry OS10 but never did. That's the one phone OS I never used or owned. I have a KEYone right now and yes, I'm thinking I'm a crack addict now. I can't wait to get it!

One question though, does it support WiFi calling? I'm on T-Mobile and the KEYone can do it, just don't know about the Passport though.
    09-03-17 05:35 AM
    Wifi calling works for me on Tracfone, which is piggybacking on T-Mobile. The only negative is that there is no band 12 support. Which is important as it's the only frequency T-Mobile is rolling out these days, and the only band they use outside of metros/highways. So your PP will have dead signal if you venture too far into the country.

Other than that, great phone. Shame the ecosystem is dead, but it's great for what I need a smartphone for (customer support over email, and IRC for meetings).

Posted via CB10
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    09-03-17 10:16 AM
    I have just bought one too! I think I am addicted...

Posted via CB10
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    09-03-17 12:47 PM
    The BB10 Passport SE is awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    09-03-17 08:18 PM
    Just bought a brand new Passport for $180. I always wanted to try BlackBerry OS10 but never did. That's the one phone OS I never used or owned. I have a KEYone right now and yes, I'm thinking I'm a crack addict now. I can't wait to get it!

One question though, does it support WiFi calling? I'm on T-Mobile and the KEYone can do it, just don't know about the Passport though.
    Yes, you need to get the Wifi Calling app. Search around the forum for link and instruction.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    09-04-17 08:01 AM
    You should do a search for the T-Mobile wi-fi calling thread in the forums. It has all the info needed.
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    09-04-17 05:57 PM
    It came in the mail an hour or so ago. Can't connect to a cellular network and I have the apn settings typed in correctly. Hmmm.
    09-07-17 02:37 PM
    It came in the mail an hour or so ago. Can't connect to a cellular network and I have the apn settings typed in correctly. Hmmm.
    Is it unlocked? If you are using a locked AT&T model, that could be causing the issue.

I'm using my Passport on T-Mobile US and I haven't had any issues.
    09-07-17 05:59 PM
    When I got one of my Classics, and the same with a Passport, simcard took awhile to find itself, like more than a few minutes. Otherwise call your carrier and give then the ied#.

I do have two BB10s that used to work with sim and now they don't. I am suspicious of my carrier on that point.
    09-07-17 10:17 PM
    Is it unlocked? If you are using a locked AT&T model, that could be causing the issue.

I'm using my Passport on T-Mobile US and I haven't had any issues.
    Yeah, I just had to reboot it and it connected. I just can't connect to BBM for whatever reason.
    09-08-17 06:00 AM
    Well well well. WiFi calling is working!!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 09:26 AM
    Yeah, I just had to reboot it and it connected. I just can't connect to BBM for whatever reason.
    You will have to create a new BBM ID if you are trying to use your old BBM ID from your android device. BlackBerry does not allow you to switch back to BlackBerry 10 anymore. 

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 11:05 AM
    You will have to create a new BBM ID if you are trying to use your old BBM ID from your android device. BlackBerry does not allow you to switch back to BlackBerry 10 anymore. 

Posted via CB10
    I did that but is the first tied to the Android app or what? I had the original on the KEYone and then signed out of that and then used the new one on the KEYone, right?

Can you have more than one BBM ID or is it only one BBM ID per BlackBerry ID? Are they one in the same or what?
    09-08-17 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is this a bug with the latest update? Not so long ago I could switch back and forth.

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    09-08-17 11:26 AM
    Is this a bug with the latest update? Not so long ago I could switch back and forth.

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    less of a bug, more of an anti-feature.

Posted via CBX
    09-08-17 11:37 AM
    i believe it is just bbm id that has been blocked once you go android. theres a thread on it somewhere. blackberry really sucks at retaining any customer loyalty. in fact, it is the reason they failed.
    but i digress...congrats on the passport....it truly is the pinnacle of mobile devices even if it will be viewed as such in retrospect. you will find yourself carrying it instead of your k1 because it is a reliable workhorse and feels so good to use.

be sure to go through ALL the settings there are plenty. get yourself the yalp app for your android needs (unless you require google services etc, in which case there's cobalts method, but hey you have a droid phone...try to keep this one slick and lean) delete everything you dont use or need.

Posted via CBX
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-08-17 11:47 AM
    i believe it is just bbm id that has been blocked once you go android. theres a thread on it somewhere. blackberry really sucks at retaining any customer loyalty. in fact, it is the reason they failed.
    but i digress...congrats on the passport....it truly is the pinnacle of mobile devices even if it will be viewed as such in retrospect. you will find yourself carrying it instead of your k1 because it is a reliable workhorse and feels so good to use.

be sure to go through ALL the settings there are plenty. get yourself the yalp app for your android needs (unless you require google services etc, in which case there's cobalts method, but hey you have a droid phone...try to keep this one slick and lean) delete everything you dont use or need.

Posted via CBX
    You are correct.  http://crackberry.com/heres-what-cha...it-was-changed

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 11:51 AM

Posted via CBX
    I am seriously digging on this phone so far. Almost 2 days in and I have everything I really need. A great twitter app, Inoreader, Umbrella for weather, a great text editor and a reddit client. I found a great stocks app too. The only thing I wanted but i can't find is Instagram that works. My Fidelity stocks account and Navy Federal banking apps I can't use but I don't really need them.
    09-08-17 07:53 PM
    i've tried all the instagram clients, but i like igrann best. it is outdated, but i use the pro version and i only see an ad about once a week....not so with the other app 'paid versions'...they are still flooded with ads. ads ruin instagram. so does all the crap they've added to it in recent months. try igrann in dark/modern/leading edge mode..its gorgeous. touch the screen to unclutter the image , then space bar or n/p to navigate your feed.

there is also a version of the official client that works and supports live/stories etc...it is listed in another thread.

Posted via CBX
    09-08-17 08:04 PM
    The only thing I wanted but i can't find is Instagram that works.
    Instagram's mobile site is slowly catching up in features to the app, it's worth a look if you haven't already.
    09-08-17 08:10 PM
    congratulation! you need an android store? cobalt was working fine till 29 august.... there is a new version on mega NZ mirror... may I suggest as alternative solution : Aptoide via F-Droid
    09-08-17 08:28 PM
    i've tried all the instagram clients, but i like igrann best. it is outdated, but i use the pro version and i only see an ad about once a week....not so with the other app 'paid versions'...they are still flooded with ads. ads ruin instagram. so does all the crap they've added to it in recent months. try igrann in dark/modern/leading edge mode..its gorgeous. touch the screen to unclutter the image , then space bar or n/p to navigate your feed.

there is also a version of the official client that works and supports live/stories etc...it is listed in another thread.

Posted via CBX
    Okay help me out here. I bought iGrann Pro and can't seem to understand the dialog box that pops up telling me to update my app to use two factor authentication. I have the latest version of the app and I can't find out how to set up two factor on Instagram's website.
    09-09-17 06:38 AM
    Okay help me out here. I bought iGrann Pro and can't seem to understand the dialog box that pops up telling me to update my app to use two factor authentication. I have the latest version of the app and I can't find out how to set up two factor on Instagram's website.
    I've never seen that dialog box before. I didn't even know Instagram had a two factor option. Can you use the app, you just get this dialog box, or is it preventing you from logging in?
    09-09-17 11:45 AM
    I've never seen that dialog box before. I didn't even know Instagram had a two factor option. Can you use the app, you just get this dialog box, or is it preventing you from logging in?
    I can't even login. I logged in through the browser thinking that was the issue but it wasn't. I deleted it and reinstalled it and still can't login.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 11:49 AM
    i dont use two-factor, i just login in...dunno whats up.

Posted via CBX
    09-09-17 12:54 PM
53 123