I am using the Z30, and I can't read the damn page, the fonts ridiculous small, and the text not even auto wrap, can someone light me up so I can read it, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I have the perfect solution for u...buy a Passport, that way u can read this article in comfort ;-).

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-13-14 06:29 AM
    We don't know both sides of the story. We don't know all that was said. But it seems like this guy really provoked the manager's ire.

It's interesting how when someone gets a dose of honesty about BlackBerry, they get distraught and resort to name calling. Sounds all too familiar.
    12-13-14 09:05 AM
    No one has the sense nor the education how to close deals and be a winner in selling BlackBerry now a days. In India our customer care if they r rude dude trust me their balls are on the line m or f for tht matter. Instead of a making a customer the screw everything up shame man shame poppy shame.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:07 PM
    I am using the Z30, and I can't read the damn page, the fonts ridiculous small, and the text not even auto wrap, can someone light me up so I can read it, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using a Passport and the screen is perfect. lol

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:47 PM
    We don't know both sides of the story. We don't know all that was said. But it seems like this guy really provoked the manager's ire.

It's interesting how when someone gets a dose of honesty about BlackBerry, they get distraught and resort to name calling. Sounds all too familiar.
    *Assistant manager

And what 'dose of honesty' has been told? That they have a locked down display model which they purport to sell the phone yet have no stock and say you have to buy one to pick it up to see if you like it? Not exactly a damning indictment on BlackBerry or the Passport.

No... this is the work of ***** lazy salesmuppets. No more, no less. Doesn't have to be a BlackBerry story, this happens all the time in retail.

Sounds all too familiar.
    Soul_Est likes this.
    12-14-14 02:16 AM
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Jacobson

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    12-14-14 03:21 AM
    I think this is a case of fail marketing of reps than an isolated issue with BlackBerry itself. Though it's good to hear that someone actually took notice of this problem.

Passport | SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Globe PH
    12-14-14 03:36 AM
    The BlackBerry Passport is a collateral damage. It's not a first case when the sales of BlackBerry products suffered because of stupid sellers and their bad manners. It probably happens worldwide, but it is a person dependent situation. In the same shop you may encounter unfriendly, non professional individuals and also good, enthusiastic, kindly sellers who promote anf make the product interesting for you and reassure you about the purchase. The latter are people who take care for their job and are also well informed about whatever they sell.

I was once asking for the BlackBerry Bold 9900. Maybe because the showcase was (still is) in the business customer department of the shop the seller was not helpful nor interested to show me the device. A similar story happened in the same shop when I enquired about a 9720. I thought it is their policy to keep customers distant from BlackBerry devices since every other device was reachable on walls or tables. I even heard a stupid excuse that I had to come on a particular Saturday when there will be a presentation of BlackBerry devices.

Another story: I have recently bought a TV set which caught my interest already at home when we got the shop's brochure. I went to the shop, but I couldn't have a normal conversation with the seller. I asked about that specific product - obviously it was in action at an interesting price - and instead of getting answers I was asked what I want and then heard phases typically said by sellers who don't recognise a buyer in front of them and who don't know their job. I could not buy from someone who instead of helping me buy makes me feel uncomfortable as I haven't really been informed on nowadays standards and haven't bought a TV set in the last ten years. I returned the next day to the shop hoping to find an other seller - an enthusiastic guy who knows his job. End of story, I bought that particular TV set because I got all the necessary information and reassurances that I am buying the right thing for that money.

Returning to this thread, as every story has two versions, it would be fine to hear the other side. In my experience, journalists can be (are) provocative as they imagine to have superpowers and to be public guardians. Indeed they have the power to publish in the media, but in reality they only look for sensations. Some journalists I know are not examples of pacient or sincere persons. They would often provoke the others in order to get information or bad reaction. It's their tactic.

However, if the journalist is the person we got a Wikipedia link about, then I doubt that someone like him would be rude.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:43 AM
    I'm curious what the writer says to the customer services and the manager, he should write in his article as well

aparts from what he said, one who serve customers are not allowed to respond that way

I thought I've met some impolite customer services, but this is way beyond my imagination, but at least there're some response calling the writer, and that's mean being noticed
    12-14-14 05:45 AM

Posted via CB10

Journalist almost gets into a fist fight with Vodaphone rep over a Passport-img_20141214_125923.png

???

Posted via CB10
    Publisher1963 likes this.
    12-14-14 05:59 AM
    A good read and what surprises me is that I thought the object of any business selling a product is to SELL and not drive a potential customer out of the store.

With employees and management with those kind of attitudes, it won't be long before you see that store listed in the bankruptcy column of the local newspaper.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    And let's not forget...threaten him with violence.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Use reader mode and increase font size.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:11 AM
    The article writer is Howard Jacobsen. He is not a journalist. He is a very well respected writer here in the UK. And I believe he has won several literary awards.

Z10 STL100-2 // 10.3.1. 1151
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    12-14-14 09:16 AM
    The article writer is Howard Jacobsen. He is not a journalist. He is a very well respected writer here in the UK.
    A grown man who resorts to name calling hardly deserves respect.
    asherN and Soul_Est like this.
    12-14-14 09:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Turn the phone sideways. Put your thumb and finger on the screen open them up until you get the font size that you require.
    You can also touch the three dots at the bottom. Click on open in external browser and turn the phone sideways
    12-14-14 09:34 AM
    Unfortunately, today, costumer service is a work of fiction.
    Soul_Est likes this.
    12-14-14 10:01 AM
    Unfortunately, today, costumer service is a work of fiction.
    As much as courtesy from many customers themselves.
    Pcmx and Soul_Est like this.
    12-14-14 10:23 AM
    Well, I see the various opinions being expressed here, BUT having said that, all that writer wanted to do was hold the phone. Excuse me, what's the problem with that? They are handheld devices even if you install a hands-free setup in your car/truck - do NOT get me started about driving and talking and/or texting...

If Howard Jacobson reacted after being dissed so obviously, so what? He was interested in an expensive device and the Vodaphone shop is allegedly in the business of selling phones. The bad attitude by the guy in the anorak - a jacket for outdoor use, usually waterproof and insulated for cold climates - who threatened violence, that's just ugly behavior.

If you read the comments left by Independent readers -- but you must scroll way down after Mr. Jacobson's story to find them -- you will see that at least one person thinks they know that particular Vodaphone store and states that the sales people are always like that and need to be replaced.

Bad service is bad service. I refuse to spend my money where I am treated like dog-doodies or where the sales reps act as if I'm invisible. Even when busy, a simple 'please have a look around, someone will be with you shortly' can mean the difference between me making a rapid exit and them making a sale.
    mister2d, Steelsheen and Soul_Est like this.
    12-14-14 03:51 PM
    Well, I see the various opinions being expressed here, BUT having said that, all that writer wanted to do was hold the phone. Excuse me, what's the problem with that? They are handheld devices even if you install a hands-free setup in your car/truck - do NOT get me started about driving and talking and/or texting...

If Howard Jacobson reacted after being dissed so obviously, so what? He was interested in an expensive device and the Vodaphone shop is allegedly in the business of selling phones. The bad attitude by the guy in the anorak - a jacket for outdoor use, usually waterproof and insulated for cold climates - who threatened violence, that's just ugly behavior.

If you read the comments left by Independent readers -- but you must scroll way down after Mr. Jacobson's story to find them -- you will see that at least one person thinks they know that particular Vodaphone store and states that the sales people are always like that and need to be replaced.

Bad service is bad service. I refuse to spend my money where I am treated like dog-doodies or where the sales reps act as if I'm invisible. Even when busy, a simple 'please have a look around, someone will be with you shortly' can mean the difference between me making a rapid exit and them making a sale.
    It's only a matter of time before it catches up to those store employees. Especially if it goes viral on the Internet (doubtful).

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:04 PM
    What a bunch of douchers. I would never employ anyone like that.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    12-14-14 05:36 PM
    It's only a matter of time before it catches up to those store employees. Especially if it goes viral on the Internet (doubtful).

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. Viral you say? Well it could turn into that "Alex from Target" topic.... "Hey look, it's the rude Vodaphone Employees". Lol.
    12-14-14 11:07 PM
    I've been in similar situations before and no matter what the customer said (even if it was sarcastic and provocative) should it have resulted in threats of violence.

When you factor in that this is a place of business then nothing even close to this should ever happen.

My guess is that the store staff has a culture of un-professionalism and very likely disdain not only for customers but maybe even for that particular product (in this case BlackBerry). The lack of service from the initial 2 employees while in front of their supervisor tells me more than the rest of the altercation.

I have spent my entire working life in sales and management and even a short stint working for a cell phone retailer. I've had bad days where I wanted to punch out a customer but never have I ever let it get the better of me. Even if the customer had have come in dropping expletives and demanding to see the phone and making a scene would or should it have degraded into the situation described by the article.

What I don't get is: if you don't like customers then don't work in customer service jobs where people expect (and should demand) friendly, polite, informative service.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:13 AM
    I've been in similar situations before and no matter what the customer said (even if it was sarcastic and provocative) should it have resulted in threats of violence.

When you factor in that this is a place of business then nothing even close to this should ever happen.

My guess is that the store staff has a culture of un-professionalism and very likely disdain not only for customers but maybe even for that particular product (in this case BlackBerry). The lack of service from the initial 2 employees while in front of their supervisor tells me more than the rest of the altercation.

I have spent my entire working life in sales and management and even a short stint working for a cell phone retailer. I've had bad days where I wanted to punch out a customer but never have I ever let it get the better of me. Even if the customer had have come in dropping expletives and demanding to see the phone and making a scene would or should it have degraded into the situation described by the article.

What I don't get is: if you don't like customers then don't work in customer service jobs where people expect (and should demand) friendly, polite, informative service.
    You don't know all that was said.
    12-15-14 11:32 PM
    well you know, any store that displays a DEMO unit in such a manner that it DISCOURAGES customers from even being curious about a product says it all. i've been to a shop similar to what Howard described, with the exception that the sales staff were nice (but as equally incompetent):

Me: Hey so do you have an actual unit of <device name> where i can check it out?
    Salesstaff: No I'm sorry, do you want to <starts pushing a similar product>
    Me: No I want this device *points at glued down dummy unit* Dont you have any in its box at the back?
    Salesstaff: Yes but they're all sealed, we can bring one out for you if you would pay for it today.
    Me: But I want to check it out first before I give you my money. Would you pay for shoes you have no idea if you would like it or if it would fit you?
    Salesstaff: *mumbles* No.
    Me: Can your Manager do something about this?
    *Manager comes in after a wait; babbles the same thing*
    Me: Ok thanks for your time. I will go to <competitor's name> *walks out*

Epilogue: I came back a few weeks later looking if they've improved on that demo unit. They didnt. I overhear another set of customers asking the staff if they can have an actual unit to check out (because really who the heck uses devices glued to a table??). When I can sense they're being given the runaround I told them where I got my device (the competitor) and that they had an actual unit in the showroom to play around with. We talked a bit and I ended up showing off my new gadget. Suffice it to say the sales staff doesnt know if they would look at me like a lost sale or annoyed that I'm redirecting potential sales to their competitors lmao! As a parting word I spoke to the sales staff and told them to remember me-- study our failed transaction. that is proof that if they will not improve on their demo units they will never book a proper sale. i dunno if they have enough collective brainpower or willpower to figure that out but hey i've done my part.
    PonyCrazyKid and Soul_Est like this.
    12-16-14 04:54 AM
    well you know, any store that displays a DEMO unit in such a manner that it DISCOURAGES customers from even being curious about a product says it all. i've been to a shop similar to what Howard described, with the exception that the sales staff were nice (but as equally incompetent):

Me: Hey so do you have an actual unit of <device name> where i can check it out?
    Salesstaff: No I'm sorry, do you want to <starts pushing a similar product>
    Me: No I want this device *points at glued down dummy unit* Dont you have any in its box at the back?
    Salesstaff: Yes but they're all sealed, we can bring one out for you if you would pay for it today.
    Me: But I want to check it out first before I give you my money. Would you pay for shoes you have no idea if you would like it or if it would fit you?
    Salesstaff: *mumbles* No.
    Me: Can your Manager do something about this?
    *Manager comes in after a wait; babbles the same thing*
    Me: Ok thanks for your time. I will go to <competitor's name> *walks out*

Epilogue: I came back a few weeks later looking if they've improved on that demo unit. They didnt. I overhear another set of customers asking the staff if they can have an actual unit to check out (because really who the heck uses devices glued to a table??). When I can sense they're being given the runaround I told them where I got my device (the competitor) and that they had an actual unit in the showroom to play around with. We talked a bit and I ended up showing off my new gadget. Suffice it to say the sales staff doesnt know if they would look at me like a lost sale or annoyed that I'm redirecting potential sales to their competitors lmao! As a parting word I spoke to the sales staff and told them to remember me-- study our failed transaction. that is proof that if they will not improve on their demo units they will never book a proper sale. i dunno if they have enough collective brainpower or willpower to figure that out but hey i've done my part.
    Blame BlackBerry for that.
    12-16-14 11:53 AM
51 123