This article said it will arrive the second or third week of October
    BlackBerry Passport to be Released on 1 October
    Lets hope so...
    09-11-14 01:35 AM
    At least once they should release worldwide not just in few markets..
    09-11-14 01:45 AM
    Flop stories in January... you know how sensationalism goes around here in the US & A

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    09-11-14 02:52 AM
    It probably isn't something CrackBerry can control. Most carriers require considerable testing of any device they will brand, and there's probably not a lot of excitement among the leaders of the major carriers. They could be waiting to see how everyone else responds before they decide to cut a deal with BlackBerry.

It would be a deliberate "f- you" to their US customers if they were to release it in January. I choose not to believe that BlackBerry is this stupid. But if they happen to be, I'll jump to another phone on principle alone. The US will get the Passport soon after launch, I'd be willing to bet. So no worries.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 08:40 AM
    It probably isn't something CrackBerry can control. Most carriers require considerable testing of any device they will brand, and there's probably not a lot of excitement among the leaders of the major carriers. They could be waiting to see how everyone else responds before they decide to cut a deal with BlackBerry.
    in which case BlackBerry should be selling them direct to US consumers right away through the blackberry store. If US carriers want to wait 6 months, then why cater to them?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 03:22 PM
    If this doesnt launch in the US until January or February, I'll have long since jumped ship to another phonemaker.

Posted via CB10
    If it's not on Verizon in November, I'm out. I've got a Q10 and I'll be mostly an iPhone 6 user. That's life in the big city.
    09-11-14 03:24 PM
    If it's not on Verizon in November, I'm out. I've got a Q10 and I'll be mostly an iPhone 6 user. That's life in the big city.
    No, you can't get an iPhone 6. Haven't you been reading that the Passport and iPhone 6 markets have nothing to do with each other? It's an accepted truth here on Crackberry. So, if you are really a Passport customer then you can't be an iPhone 6 customer.
    09-11-14 03:56 PM
    People still thinking this is a device for the general consumer population lol???
    And I thought I was thick :-p

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    Mr4aces and Jakob Greve like this.
    09-11-14 07:16 PM
    Who in their right mind would launch anything that needs to be bought with US dollars, right after the holiday season? The only thing that sells in January are never-to-be-used gym memberships.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:28 PM
    Pretty sure it's not coming this year. Blame the carriers, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:31 PM
    Wow...that's a lot of replies. I guess we will know soon enough. To all of those who are flipping out over this possibility, I quote Ed Harris' character from the film, The Abyss, when he quipped to those who were working themselves into a panicked frenzy... "Keep our panty hose on."

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:53 PM
    Just cause your contract ends doesn't mean you HAVE to upgrade lol

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:47 PM
    Who in their right mind would launch anything that needs to be bought with US dollars, right after the holiday season? The only thing that sells in January are never-to-be-used gym memberships.

Posted via CB10
    Haha sooo true!! (looks at his expired membership)

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-11-14 11:06 PM
    I heard another support person tell them that BlackBerry 10 was guaranteed to be coming to the PlayBook in a few weeks... take it all with a grain of salt. Hopefully he's right, but they sometimes feed false information to get people excited.

Posted via CB10
    Not after bbry saying support for it ended

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:16 PM
    This is crap, if true. Either sell them direct and to hell with the carriers, or get it to the carriers earlier so they can have deals in place in a more timely fashion.

Sad they they're actually hamstrung by the carriers, especially since the salespeople in the carrier shops are all actively steering customers away from BlackBerry as it is.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:06 AM
    Pretty sure it's not coming this year. Blame the carriers, not BlackBerry.
    Carriers... carry what sells.

Pretty much BlackBerry is the one to blame for BBOS not being able to "keep up", BlackBerry is to blame for releasing a Tablet that didn't do the things that Tablets do...., BlackBerry is that delayed the launch of their new platform by over a year and a half, BlackBerry is the one that wasted the two years between the "test run" of the PlayBook and the release of BB10 to build the platform, BlackBerry is the one the launched the platform without hitting all the price points and form factors at once.

That carriers are afraid to "invest" in more devices that might not sell... has to be expected based on BlackBerry track record.....

Of course right now AT&T is the only US carrier that might possible have the Passport.... but I've seen a number of rumors (which is all any of this is) that they will have it later this year.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-12-14 07:23 AM
    Carriers... carry what sells.

Pretty much BlackBerry is the one to blame for BBOS not being able to "keep up", BlackBerry is to blame for releasing a Tablet that didn't do the things that Tablets do...., BlackBerry is that delayed the launch of their new platform by over a year and a half, BlackBerry is the one that wasted the two years between the "test run" of the PlayBook and the release of BB10 to build the platform, BlackBerry is the one the launched the platform without hitting all the price points and form factors at once.

That carriers are afraid to "invest" in more devices that might not sell... has to be expected based on BlackBerry track record.....

Of course right now AT&T is the only US carrier that might possible have the Passport.... but I've seen a number of rumors (which is all any of this is) that they will have it later this year.
    when you put it that way...

well, hopefully chen will truly right this ship

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:38 AM
    Well its the only intelligent/logical way to put it because thats the way it is and how carriers work. All these dopes on the board calling it a personal slap in the face if blackberry does not release this device in the US right away, are clowns. They need to get a clue to say the least.
    09-12-14 09:11 AM
    Well its the only intelligent/logical way to put it because thats the way it is and how carriers work. All these dopes on the board calling it a personal slap in the face if blackberry does not release this device in the US right away, are clowns. They need to get a clue to say the least.
    How do you figure? Regardless of who's to blame (BlackBerry or the carriers) a 3-4 month delay between Canada/Europe release and US release is a complete joke.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 02:09 PM
44 12