New Passport from Amazon. Great looking copy of the phone, everything fits perfectly except for the volume buttons. They're jangly and loose and pretty annoying.

Is this common enough to just accept? Or is it enough of an issue to replace (I can return it to amazon and get a replacement very easily).

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:18 PM
    They are a far cry from the Q10 buttons. Send it back.
    Are you listening BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:31 PM
    They are a far cry from the Q10 buttons. Send it back.
    Are you listening BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, these are worse than I've seen in the past. Especially the bottom key. Amazon rep personally emailed me. Having a new one sent out tomorrow. Hopefully it's better than this one. Typing this on a super tight Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:53 PM
    Yeah, these are worse than I've seen in the past. Especially the bottom key. Amazon rep personally emailed me. Having a new one sent out tomorrow. Hopefully it's better than this one. Typing this on a super tight Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Mine are tight, so it is possible.

I wish the spacebar wasn't so damn tight!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:55 PM
    Ohhh I love my 2014 Q10 without Double Type and its perfect

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-28-15 05:18 PM
    They're not supposed to be like that. Honestly, between this issue and the double typing issue, I wonder how many exchanges have been done through Shop BlackBerry and Amazon.

You can have it repaired (where they replace the buttons or frame, or lots of times the just give you a new one), or replaced (where they just give you a new one instead of repair it), from Shop BlackBerry if you got it from them or Amazon.

Since you got it from Amazon, just have them do an exchange. They send you a whole new boxed Passport, and you return your one with the loose buttons in its box with everything. It's free. They only charge you if you don't return the defective phone.
    05-29-15 01:33 AM
    Replacement arrived today. Buttons are just as loose and jangly as on my previous one. Haven't even booted it or taken off the plastic as this one might go back too.

So is this going to be an issue with every Passport that I get from Amazon, or should I try until I get a good one?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:34 PM
    Nice to see that once again Amazon are on point with their customer service...
    05-29-15 08:31 PM
    Yeah Amazon is amazing. Really taking care. I've been a regular customer for awhile, and for good reason. I just hope I get a good copy of the phone before long.

Anyway, going to send the new one back and try once more. Didn't mess with the plastic wrap or boot it. Just a quick check and it was just as bad, if not worse.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:06 PM
    Amazon is having me return both phones and asking me to just order another.

I'm noticing a weird bug where the keyboard lights on and off while I'm typing. Supre random.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 10:53 PM
    Yeah Amazon is amazing. Really taking care. I've been a regular customer for awhile, and for good reason. I just hope I get a good copy of the phone before long.

Anyway, going to send the new one back and try once more. Didn't mess with the plastic wrap or boot it. Just a quick check and it was just as bad, if not worse.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon customer service is excellent. Blackberry customer service is non-existent.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 03:07 AM