After 18 months using the iPhone 5 my contract was up so I decided to go for the BlackBerry after seeing and reading so many positive reviews. I checked out the new iPhone 6 but it just didn't scream out to me "buy me!" Apart from the larger screen it wasn't offering me anything new I guess.

I've owned a 8900 Curve ,9900 Bold and a Z10 previously so curiosity and a need for something so different really appealed to me.

So far so good. I'm really starting to enjoy this whole new experience.

One thing that has perplexed me somewhat is the text prediction. Last week I was in a store trying out the Z30 keyboard and discovered that if I typed two or even three words together without spaces it would magically work out what I was trying to type and correct it. For example if I typed "howareyou" it auto corrected it into "how are you" even my iPhone could manage two words without a space in between them. So why is it that on the Passport it seems to be incapable of doing this correction? I assumed the software on the Z30 would be the same as on the Passport. I've tried changing various settings but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions fellow Passport owners?

Btw my Z10 could also correct words without spaces.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-04-14 03:26 PM
    They removed the space prediction for a reason unknown. It's a dumb change that makes no sense what so ever.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:29 PM
    Mine corrects spaces for me, so I'm not sure I have any suggestions for you.

One thing I could suggest is that it has not built up your database of phrases. Once you use a term like "how are you", BB10 will start to recognise it!

Glad to have you back. I've had mine for over a month now, and it still keeps getting better every day!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:30 PM
    Thanks for your fast replies and suggestions. This is what makes Crackberry so great.

Yes I will try what you have suggested. Thing is, the Z30 in the store was correcting the lack of spaces without anyone previously typing "howareyou" I'm guessing?

Some might say just make sure you hit the space bar! Haha

I'm loving the Passport so far. The new OS is so much better than what I was using on the Z10. Not having to go in and out of apps and hitting that home button is great. This thing does true multi-tasking like a champ. Plus the battery actually lasts a whole day and more!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:42 PM
    Keyboard will take a bit to get used to, but stick with it and you will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:28 PM
    Thanks for your fast replies and suggestions. This is what makes Crackberry so great.

Yes I will try what you have suggested. Thing is, the Z30 in the store was correcting the lack of spaces without anyone previously typing "howareyou" I'm guessing?

Some might say just make sure you hit the space bar! Haha

I'm loving the Passport so far. The new OS is so much better than what I was using on the Z10. Not having to go in and out of apps and hitting that home button is great. This thing does true multi-tasking like a champ. Plus the battery actually lasts a whole day and more!

Posted via CB10
    That Z30 has probably typed more than you will EVER type on your passport for as long as you have it. Unless you type books on yours.
    Last edited by power5; 11-05-14 at 07:31 PM.
    11-04-14 06:01 PM
    Welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:24 PM