12-10-14 07:45 PM
58 123
tools
    Outlook.com is the former hotmail. Now why would you switch from gmail to hotmail. This is in case you're not talking about outlook.com but Outlook Web App which is the Outlook in the. Browser and which requires an email account set up prior to use with Google, Yahoo or whoever you use.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:13 PM
    Outlook.com is the former hotmail. Now why would you switch from gmail to hotmail. This is in case you're not talking about outlook.com but Outlook Web App which is the Outlook in the. Browser and which requires an email account set up prior to use with Google, Yahoo or whoever you use.

Posted via CB10
    To clarify from what I heard in the discussion, he means switching to Office 365 which is technically though Outlook.com's website coming from Google Apps

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-07-14 05:43 PM
    Thank u man for explanation. But if I use office365 for exchange, can I keep on using my email address, or there is need to change it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can. If you have your own domain, you can do that without problems.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:35 AM
    Yes you can. If you have your own domain, you can do that without problems.

Posted via CB10
    This was the main reason why I switched from Gmail. I have my own domain, and on the desktop, Gmail would use my alias as the Sent From email address. However, if I sent an email from the Q10, my @gmail.com address would show up. No such problems with Outlook.com.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-08-14 07:37 AM
    i have bought some domains

for example my family name, my company name. for me the easiest way is to have the domains with godaddy. one click and all DNS and MX records are adjusted for office365 or for google apps, so you can have your mailboxes ready in a few minutes.
    12-08-14 08:08 AM
    12-08-14 10:07 AM
    I can provide fully featured Exchange. You can use your own domain. PM me if interested.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-09-14 09:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Chalk and cheese between an Outlook.com email address and Hotmail... Very different design, integrates with the online apps like Word and Excel, as well as SkyDrive.

I've always hated Hotmail with a passion but Outlook.com has been great for everything that I've used it for.
    12-10-14 07:45 PM
58 123