I tried Office 365 and 4 hours later went back to Google apps.
    most people in general lack patience and devote the time to learn something new before being frustrated and reverting back to what they are used to. typical human nature.

4hours simply isn't enough to get a grasp of new software and all its features.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-26-14 12:46 PM
    I tried Office 365 and 4 hours later went back to Google apps.
    Why, what's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:28 PM
    Couldn't sync with my Passport. I send a message to Microsoft asking for help and they didn't answer. So, I send another one to Google and they called me in 5 minutes and help me to fix everything back.
    It worked on my computer and website but never on my Passport.
    11-26-14 01:39 PM
    If anybody wants full Exchange... let me know.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-26-14 01:42 PM
    Couldn't sync with my Passport. I send a message to Microsoft asking for help and they didn't answer. So, I send another one to Google and they called me in 5 minutes and help me to fix everything back.
    It worked on my computer and website but never on my Passport.
    Hmmmm

I switched because I use office365 on my passport and on the other bbs. Also on iphone and ipad and mac. And I have no problems. The advantage for me is that I have now real exchange on my passport. And that's really good.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:43 PM
    Have had my Hotmail email for 17 years now and it never disappointed me. Since the update to Outlook with Calendar, Contacts, Notes and it became even more awesome! Works flawlessly on my BlackBerry 10 and super fast

BBMC
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-26-14 02:05 PM
    I also have a Hotmail and an outlook mails, but I think the point here is Office 365 and Gmail apps. There are big differences between personal email and Google apps and Office 365.
    11-26-14 03:00 PM
    The contact photo issue was a problem for me as well. I don't use social media sites like Facebook where Microsoft wants to pull the photos from. It was tedious but I had to put the photos onto the "People" section on Outlook from the website. I didn't try to put them all in at once as that would have taken a whole day but I have about 200 contacts and I did about 10 to 15 a day and got them all in. This is a huge oversight by Mircosoft. I have a Windows phone and when I wanted to add contact photos I still had to do it from the website.
    11-26-14 03:39 PM
    Also nice is that OneDrive integrates into the file manager while GDrive doesn't currently.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-26-14 03:45 PM
    The contact photo issue was a problem for me as well. I don't use social media sites like Facebook where Microsoft wants to pull the photos from. It was tedious but I had to put the photos onto the "People" section on Outlook from the website. I didn't try to put them all in at once as that would have taken a whole day but I have about 200 contacts and I did about 10 to 15 a day and got them all in. This is a huge oversight by Mircosoft. I have a Windows phone and when I wanted to add contact photos I still had to do it from the website.
    How did you do that? I cannot attach any images in the people (contacts?) section on the web. And even MSFT confirmed to me this does not work. Are we talking of the same? The contacts section in Outlook.com? Or where else is this people section?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:10 PM
    I have had Gmail and was grandfathered in for the free small business plan...zero cost, so moving anywhere else will cost to much as I host my domain on Gmail and use drive extensively. I have no issues with Gmail sync on any of my BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    11-26-14 07:05 PM
    I think both Gmail/Google Apps and Outlook.com/Office have their unique strengths (and weaknesses). I use them both for different reasons. For the better part of a year, I've had all my emails being forwarded to my Outlook.com account, but today I decided to have everything forwarded to Gmail and see how that works out for me. So far, so good. It really comes down to personal preference.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-26-14 07:09 PM
    For personal email without fees is there anything better in outlook over Gmail?

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-26-14 07:30 PM
    Thinking back over it I believe some of my contacts with photos were transferred over to outlook's contacts from Gmail. At the time they had some software that brought over all of my mail from Gmail and gave me directions on bringing my contacts over from Gmail too. The contacts came with most of the photos but some I had to add to the contact from the Windows phone itself. This was a few years ago so I don't have a clear memory of all of the steps and of course Microsoft has updated all of their software since then. I do remember getting all of the contact photos over was a pain in the rear back then.
    11-26-14 08:13 PM
    If anybody wants full Exchange... let me know.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Do you run a hosting service?

Edit: just checked your website - obviously you do. Do you offer BES hosting?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-26-14 11:17 PM
    Guys, does the exchange service solve the problems of duplicate, triplicate contacts and lack of full syncronization?

I had to wipe my BB, but not all of the contacts were syncronized from Outlook to BB. BB link didn't help neither. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:19 AM
    Guys, does the exchange service solve the problems of duplicate, triplicate contacts and lack of full syncronization?

I had to wipe my BB, but not all of the contacts were syncronized from Outlook to BB. BB link didn't help neither. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    No it doesn't solve the problem of multiple contacts but it does have full synchronisation. This makes it easier to delete all the contacts on the phone and recover them on the computer. I've had to do that twice.

anon(870071) likes this.
    11-27-14 06:42 AM
    I think if you want to use BlackBerry and exchange, then you have only one way. And that's outlook365 or office.com

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:23 AM
    I think if you want to use BlackBerry and exchange, then you have only one way. And that's outlook365 or office.com

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I provide hosted exchange. Works awesome with all BlackBerry, old and new

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-27-14 11:25 AM
    So this means that with an exchange email account, all my phone numbers on my BB will be finally the same of all the ones saved in my Outlook account?

Sorry for the questions, but I am not an expert and I am looking for some info and clarifications.

I saw the Office365 offer, but it doesn't include exchange right?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:18 PM
    office365 is the business offer from microsoft, i use this, not the free outlook.com
    outlook.com is free. office365 is also Exchange, but you have also office programs like excel, word etc.

you can sync or migrate your contacts

So this means that with an exchange email account, all my phone numbers on my BB will be finally the same of all the ones saved in my Outlook account?

Sorry for the questions, but I am not an expert and I am looking for some info and clarifications.

I saw the Office365 offer, but it doesn't include exchange right?

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-28-14 01:16 AM
    most people in general lack patience and devote the time to learn something new before being frustrated and reverting back to what they are used to. typical human nature.

4hours simply isn't enough to get a grasp of new software and all its features.
    men thats so truth,
    this new people's trend make me just sick.
    11-28-14 01:27 AM
    office365 is the business offer from microsoft, i use this, not the free outlook.com
    outlook.com is free. office365 is also Exchange, but you have also office programs like excel, word etc.

you can sync or migrate your contacts
    Thank u man for explanation. But if I use office365 for exchange, can I keep on using my email address, or there is need to change it?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:45 AM
    My 5c:
    BlackBerry is the only device, that can fully sync outlook folders INCLUDING notifications for incoming emails.

The issue is, that if you create a folder in outlook, like a filter, then all your messages going to that folder bypassing "inbox". Nor iOS, nor Android apps notify about emails in those folders.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:54 AM
    My 5c:
    BlackBerry is the only device, that can fully sync outlook folders INCLUDING notifications for incoming emails.

The issue is, that if you create a folder in outlook, like a filter, then all your messages going to that folder bypassing "inbox". Nor iOS, nor Android apps notify about emails in those folders.

Posted via CB10
    I just found a bug in 10.3 email settings - you used to be able to choose what folders to sync, but this option has been removed in 10.3. Am I missing something? I just tried to show the above poster how filed messages in synced folders appear in the Hub, and I can't get the list of folders by pressing on my email account name.

Edit: found the option in Account Settings. Open your email account settings and select folder options, then check the boxes of folders you want to sync. You used to be able to do this from the Hub in 10.2.1

11-28-14 06:45 AM
58 123