...so I can sell the iPhone on eBay.

My two year contract with AT&T expires here in the next couple of days, so I'm eligible for an upgrade. When I renew my contract, I'll purchase the iPhone at the discounted price, and sell it for a sweet, sweet profit.

I wonder how the AT&T reps will react when I tell them not to unbox the iPhone for activation.

I freakin' love my Passport.
    chgaida, Mr4aces, RSS Van and 53 others like this.
    10-28-14 02:43 PM
    Cheers mate. Awesome machine!

Posted via CB10
    Keith Atkinson likes this.
    10-28-14 02:48 PM
    Great click bait!!!

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    10-28-14 02:49 PM
    Good plan! No one can pry my PP out of my hands.
    I saw what you did there!
    dietertong likes this.
    Are you sure you can do that?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:51 PM
    Hmmm...I see what you did there. Have to pay the same price every month anyway for your mobile plan so why not?! I salute you.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-28-14 02:54 PM
    Are you sure you can do that?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I'm pretty sure. When I went into an AT&T store to get a new nanoSIM for my Passport, I discussed it with a rep. He said that it's perfectly fine. It's my contract, my upgrade, my iPhone (but not for long.)
    10-28-14 02:55 PM
    Hmmm...I see what you did there. Have to pay the same price every month anyway for your mobile plan so why not?! I salute you.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    Exactly. And since I purchased the Passport, my monthly bill will decrease significantly.

I no longer need AT&T navigator, since Google Maps (installed via Snap) works so well. I also cancelled my mobile phone insurance, since they're not going to replace a device they don't currently carry. They also cut the cost on my unlimited texting plan (which apparently I had been overpaying for....I've been with AT&T for a long while and the cost changed, and no one bothered to tell me).

So far, my cell phone bill has gone down about thirty bucks a month, with no actual change to my talk/data plan.
    10-28-14 03:00 PM
    You sound a little like me. Using Apple for profit to fund your BlackBerry purchases

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:01 PM
    That's how I got my Passport on release day.

Bought a 6+ a few days before the release and sold it the next day for more then triple what I paid for it. Held the money until I watched the livestream to make my final decision, then bought it as soon as the stream finished since the presentation blew me away .

Never looked back since, absolutely love the Passport . Still feels weird to not have to charge my cell every night lol.
    10-28-14 03:08 PM
    Brillant and Noble!!
    10-28-14 03:30 PM
    Exactly what I did when I switched from Verizon.

Sold the iPhone 6's for $670-$700 ea

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:32 PM
    I tested the iPhone 6+ for 2 days at work but I really like BlackBerry OS better and the Passport is Great.
    10-28-14 03:41 PM
    LOL me seeing this thread:
    *rolls eyes and opens new tab*
    *finds that thread about switching devices so I can link '****** OP'*
    *opens thread and start frantically composing sarcastic post*
    "AHA YOU *****"
    [sarcasm intensifies]
    *run out of witty content to make fun of OP with*
    *scroll up to read why OP is ditching phone after only 4 days in hopes of finding something else to write about*
    ..... "Oh"

I'm pretty sure there will be a few posts of people who don't read and just assume OP is an *****. This should be funny haha
    10-28-14 03:49 PM
    Dammit, I was already warming up the Passport keyboard...

Ah well, I like this better.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:54 PM
    OP you got me there!
    10-28-14 05:52 PM
    Nice iphone subsidized passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 05:59 PM
    classic and nicely executed.
    10-28-14 06:04 PM
    Genius post!!!

I was actually thinking about doing the same with t-mobile though.

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    10-28-14 06:19 PM
    You sound a little like me. Using Apple for profit to fund your BlackBerry purchases

Posted via CB10
    No denying then, You people have an addiction. Me too
    10-29-14 10:29 AM
    Exactly. And since I purchased the Passport, my monthly bill will decrease significantly.

I no longer need AT&T navigator, since Google Maps (installed via Snap) works so well. I also cancelled my mobile phone insurance, since they're not going to replace a device they don't currently carry. They also cut the cost on my unlimited texting plan (which apparently I had been overpaying for....I've been with AT&T for a long while and the cost changed, and no one bothered to tell me).

So far, my cell phone bill has gone down about thirty bucks a month, with no actual change to my talk/data plan.
    Dude, I think you are mistaken about a great many things. Your bill was reduced because you brought your own device (Passport). When you purchase the iPhone at a discounted price on contract you will lose that monthly discount, $25 per month. Over a 2 year period that amounts to $600 plus the initial $200 you paid. Not so sure you will come out ahead. Read the fine print:
    ** For plans 10GB or higher, AT&T customers with smartphones on 2-year wireless agreements prior to February 2, 2014, are eligible for the $15/mo. access charge. For plans 2GB to 6GB, AT&T customers with smartphones on 2-year wireless agreements prior to March 9, 2014, are eligible for the $25/mo. access charge. If upgrading to a smartphone on a 2-year wireless contract you will lose this discounted pricing. To receive this monthly discount, upgrade with AT&T Next or pay the full purchase price for your new smartphone.
    niss63 and homer1475 like this.
    10-29-14 11:59 AM
    Dude, I think you are mistaken about a great many things. Your bill was reduced because you brought your own device (Passport). When you purchase the iPhone at a discounted price on contract you will lose that monthly discount, $25 per month. Over a 2 year period that amounts to $600 plus the initial $200 you paid. Not so sure you will come out ahead. Read the fine print:
    ** For plans 10GB or higher, AT&T customers with smartphones on 2-year wireless agreements prior to February 2, 2014, are eligible for the $15/mo. access charge. For plans 2GB to 6GB, AT&T customers with smartphones on 2-year wireless agreements prior to March 9, 2014, are eligible for the $25/mo. access charge. If upgrading to a smartphone on a 2-year wireless contract you will lose this discounted pricing. To receive this monthly discount, upgrade with AT&T Next or pay the full purchase price for your new smartphone.
    Correct!
    10-29-14 12:05 PM
    I was trying to understand the logic of this. You will get a discounted iPhone, but you will pay it all back through the term of the contract - and possibly even more. US carriers now have lower pricing when you purchase your handset outright. It's not like it used to be.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:10 PM

No it won't. You'll still be paying the subsidy for that iPhone. But nice plan anyway.
    10-29-14 12:19 PM
64 123