After much reading reviews and watching videos I've taken the plunge and bought the passport. This is my first ever BlackBerry device. My first impressions are that it's a solidly built handset. Of course im trying to get to grips with BB10 but so far so good. My regular mobile is an LG G4 which is of course running android and I love it. However after reading reports about the impending demise of BlackBerry I felt the urge to pitch in in my small way. Although I love Android and realise a lot like IOS I also think there is room for an alternative OS. I will update after I've used my Passport for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 02:29 PM
    Good for you. Hope it work out well.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 02:41 PM
    After much reading reviews and watching videos I've taken the plunge and bought the passport. This is my first ever BlackBerry device. My first impressions are that it's a solidly built handset. Of course im trying to get to grips with BB10 but so far so good. My regular mobile is an LG G4 which is of course running android and I love it. However after reading reports about the impending demise of BlackBerry I felt the urge to pitch in in my small way. Although I love Android and realise a lot like IOS I also think there is room for an alternative OS. I will update after I've used my Passport for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    If you are interested here are all the how to videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Jzbl5nVnQLRzL1
    07-13-16 03:29 PM
    Congrats on the Flagship BB10 phone acquisition. Welcome to CrackBerry!

I've had my BlackBerry Passport for quite a while and it is an amazing phone. It is the only QUAD core BB10 device, and it's the only "PHABLET" type device put out by BlackBerry.

I have a feeling you will really like the device. The "touch sensitive" keyboard is unique. All keyboard phones should have this feature. Working "Wide" is addictive. You'll grow to love the large square screen, especially if you do a lot of emails or spreadsheets or reading. And the large keyboard is nice. I think you will find that BB10 is superbly engineered as an OS and really is amazing to operate. The gestures and the way the OS is designed just elegantly glides. Give it a few weeks and hopefully you will agree.

Looking forward to your next report to see how you like it.

Enjoy.
    07-13-16 03:54 PM
    Enjoy / welcome to the mad house!
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-13-16 04:04 PM
    Congratulations on purchasing a the BlackBerry Passport! U will love it after a couple of days!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 04:08 PM
    Congrats! Give it a week you will love it even more.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 04:19 PM
    I'd say give it like a month, but that's probably because I had used only regular style BlackBerry keyboards before the Passport, so the three row keyboard was an adjustment.

But if you've never had the regular keyboard before, maybe using the Passport's will be an easier transition.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:08 PM
    Welcome to the club!

In my Law class past semester this 'hot' girl in my group was curious about my phone, so she asked to see it. She had an IPhone6S, and she uttered "wow, it's so big" *smirk* I replied "I know."

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:25 AM
    Welcome! Nice to hear this is the first BlackBerry you bought, specifically in this time of mobile era with dominating Android. It's a great device and OS, you're going to like it

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:36 AM
    Welcome to the club!

I've held almost every BlackBerry out there except the leap and IMHO the Passport is arguably the best of BlackBerry. Absolute flagship material !

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:38 AM
    Have you held the Porsche 9981?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:44 AM
    Nope, a friend had it...but are they BlackBerry?? They don't feel like.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:00 AM
    Welcome to the club!

In my Law class past semester this 'hot' girl in my group was curious about my phone, so she asked to see it. She had an IPhone6S, and she uttered "wow, it's so big" *smirk* I replied "I know."

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant! But you missed the best retort.

You should have said, "I know. But if you think it's big now, you should see it when it's turned on."

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 06:56 PM
    Good on ya mate! Welcome and enjoy the Passport ride!

 Power of QNX
    07-14-16 11:51 PM
    Well so far so good. At the moment it hasn't taken over as my main phone but it's getting lots of use. Over the weekend I will be on a learning curve trying to side load 1 or 2 apps I would like but I have managed to get most of what I need from BlackBerry world and Amazon.
    One thing that is bothering me is contacts. When I want to make a call I get the whole list of my contacts when all I want are my phone contacts. I have made a couple of groups to counter this but it's a bit of a long winded way to sort things. Any tips? Whatsapp disappearing in December is a pain so I have to find a way around that. On the whole though I am very impressed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gazzathered_1962; 07-15-16 at 08:21 AM.
    07-15-16 07:22 AM
    I have two passports in my stable, silver and white.

I currently use the classic, just for a change of pace.

After stepping down from the PP for a few days I miss the power. The processor is outstanding. It runs so many apps without any lag.

I like the look and feel of the classic. It's a cute phone. Out of the box my wife says "I love it!!!".

My PP is still getting used for browsing around the house. I have the Evolution browser. The BlackBerry browser is weak.

The PP is an excellent phone. Never put it in a back pocket. Never. It will survive, but you'll have to twist it back to original alignment.

I got the Pdair wallet for the PP. A great fit. Getting one for the classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 10:08 AM
    Welcome to the sinking ship.. just kidding, you'll love the OS and one of a kind physical keyboard .

#ifyourereadingthisitstoolate
    07-16-16 03:19 PM
    Well so far so good. At the moment it hasn't taken over as my main phone but it's getting lots of use. Over the weekend I will be on a learning curve trying to side load 1 or 2 apps I would like but I have managed to get most of what I need from BlackBerry world and Amazon.
    One thing that is bothering me is contacts. When I want to make a call I get the whole list of my contacts when all I want are my phone contacts. I have made a couple of groups to counter this but it's a bit of a long winded way to sort things. Any tips? Whatsapp disappearing in December is a pain so I have to find a way around that. On the whole though I am very impressed.

Posted via CB10
    Closest I can come to a solution with Contacts is go into the Contacts app, swipe down from the top, go into settings, and turn everything off except whatever account you have your phone numbers synced to. That will at least get rid of BBM, twitter and facebook contacts or whatever else you might have.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 01:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    I presume when you've gone into contacts you've hit the hamburger menu in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and seen the options there.

When I choose 'local contacts ' on my phone that seems to filter out all the other contacts I have such as Twitter ones.

You can also create a favourites list and of course just hit search from the main contacts screen start typing the contact name and you'll see it come up.

Congrats by the way on owning the most productive and best pkb phone on the market :-)

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 04:38 AM
    It took me almost a month to properly getting used to the form factor of the Passport. I just bought my third one and after using PRIV and some other Android phones, I'm happy to start using the wonderful keyboard of the Passport.

If you have bought the Silver Edition, then you get extra points

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 05:05 AM
    Welcome to the club!

Posted via CB10
    Use mine for law school also. Big difference in answering emails and being efficient than my 6+S. Just haven't made it my number 1 phone yet because I am kind of ties to iOS.
    07-17-16 07:32 AM
    I have a few other phones too, including an iPhone. They ALL have their pluses and minuses. It's a matter of what's important to you. Music is a BIG part of my life, and I really love the way iOS is all about the music, right down to Apple Music being integrated into the architecture of iOS. But I have thousands of FLAC files and iOS with it's proprietary format does not play well with FLAC natively. On the flip side, Apple makes is so easy to cast music to WiFi receivers via Airplay. That's also built into the architecture of iOS.

But BlackBerry has a pretty cool music server built in as well. You can't cast via WiFi DLNA from just ANY source on a BlackBerry (i.e., you can't cast DLNA Streaming from TuneIn or Slacker or Spotify), but you CAN cast DLNA via the BlackBerry music server from your phones files, including FLAC files to a networked DLNA device. That's a nice feature. I have a DLNA/Airplay combo receiver on my home stereos in a few rooms and it's a superb way to listen to music if you tend to be an Audiophile. Lossless quality is important to me and it may be to you too if you are truly into music in a big way.

And because BlackBerry 10 also has AptX already built in, you can also BlueTooth out to an AptX Bluetooth receiver with close to Lossles quality. The AptX Coded claims to be "lossless" and it's pretty darn close. You'd really have to pull out the test equipment to see a difference between AtpX Bluetooth streaming and DLNA WiFi Streaming. So Bluetooth AptX rivals DLNA casting and AirPlay casting, but with the simplicity of Bluetooth connectivity, meaning you do not need a WiFi network to use it. My iPhone 5s can't do that, and I don't think even the 6 had AptX yet. They rely on Airplay, not BlueTooth. Two different methods and philosophies for sure. Bluetooth casting has distinct advantages over WiFi DLNA or AirPlay, but there are also disadvantages. I like having both options, and BlackBerry 10 on Passport has both options available even though DLNA casting is not 100 percent fully integrated into the OS like it is with Apple's Airplay. But it's not bad.

That brings you full circle back to productivity. That's the bunker buster of Passport in my opinion. Working with that huge wide screen and the Quad Core processor and enhanced RAM with gobs of Gigs on that SD port available. Amazing. I recently posted in another thread how I swapped my Passport out for my Q5 over a weekend where I was going to be working outdoors in rough conditions and didn't want to subject the Passport to those harsh conditions. I hated going back to the Q5. I could not wait to get back on the Passport when I finally got home Sunday night.

The Passport has me spoiled. Plain and simple. I'm glad they at least put out this beast before they abandoned the platform propagation.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 07-17-16 at 05:31 PM.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    07-17-16 05:13 PM
    First time blackberry user here and my choice is passport too.
    This is an amazing phone with a lovely keyboard.
    Switched from android

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-18-16 06:31 AM
    The PPSE has been my first BlackBerry as well, it will feel familiar in a couple of weeks. What I can't get used to is the AWESOMENESS of the keyboard and screen! Wonderful phone. Congratulations for the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 07:19 AM
36 12