Just received my new Passport. Unfortunately I can't use it and it won't turn on. I Have been charging for over an hour. The back doesn't get hot and sometimes the LED in not red unless I touch the phone. Do I have a defective unit?
    11-28-14 07:27 PM
    keep power button pressed ? connect to link ?
    11-28-14 07:48 PM
    Sounds like a problem.

Have you tried the reset function (holding volume up and down button at the same time)? I'm not sure if it'll help but worth a shot.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    11-28-14 07:49 PM
    You are telling us you have a defective unit and then asking if you have a defective unit? Just swap it out for a new one with the reseller you purchased it from
    11-28-14 07:51 PM
    Yes I press the button for over 10 seconds. Nothing. Not sure what 'link' means.
    11-28-14 07:52 PM
    Tried connecting to your computer ?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:57 PM
    Yes I press the button for over 10 seconds. Nothing. Not sure what 'link' means.
    BlackBerry Link. Blackberrys desktop software. Try reloading the os. The option is there when you connect to Link. See if that helps. If not, you probably just want to do a warranty exchange
    11-28-14 08:01 PM
    You are telling us you have a defective unit and then asking if you have a defective unit? Just swap it out for a new one with the reseller you purchased it from
    I never said I had a defective unit. This is my first blackberry in a while.
    11-28-14 08:06 PM
    All of a sudden it turned on and i'm at the tutorial. However it's vibrating like crazy. Downloading BB
    Link now.
    11-28-14 08:33 PM
    cool maybe the battery was completly dry
    11-28-14 08:47 PM
    Well, if you get it to work, try to turn it on and off a couple of times just to make sure it's ok, if not, take it back and get a new one. Don't try to hard to make it work, you paid for it, it's brand new, it's supposed to be flawless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-28-14 08:50 PM
    Well, if you get it to work, try to turn it on and off a couple of times just to make sure it's ok, if not, take it back and get a new one. Don't try to hard to make it work, you paid for it, it's brand new, it's supposed to be flawless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    11-28-14 08:57 PM
    Maybe the power cable is faulty?
    11-28-14 08:58 PM
    I'd do an exchange. Avoid any future problems.

Battery or charging port may be faulty. Who knows... You might get it working but problem might show up again later down the road.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-28-14 09:26 PM
    Charge it over night, try it in the morning

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-28-14 09:45 PM
    Yeah i'll return it to amazon. A shame.
    Going to tinker with it since it's the weekend.
    It's charging fine now but it's vibrating all the time now. Trying to download the latest os update from the phone.
    11-28-14 10:02 PM
    Just received my new Passport. Unfortunately I can't use it and it won't turn on. I Have been charging for over an hour. The back doesn't get hot and sometimes the LED in not red unless I touch the phone. Do I have a defective unit?
    Try a different USB charger block. I've heard reports that some heat up ands burn out and that may be the defect!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-28-14 10:12 PM
    It sounds like it's defective to me. No harm in trying to make it work... but yeah, I'd be looking to return it.

Mine turned on right out of the box, it was partially charged and I believe they all should be.
    11-28-14 10:30 PM
    Try a different charger and another cable. I've been fooled by a dead charger before.

BTW the OEM Passport charger is high output and typically charges to full within 2-4 hrs.
    Standard BlackBerry square chargers take nearly twice as long to fully charge the high capacity Passport battery.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-28-14 11:52 PM
    There is a connection problem between the USB and your phone. Try charging with a different USB cable. The clue is in your 4th sentence.

I had this problem before where I had to wiggle for a while to get the USB to show that it's connected and charging. One day I charged my phone with a friends charger and it was fine. I didn't have to wiggle it at all. Most likely your USB cable is defected or your phone charging port isn't working properly.

11-29-14 01:43 AM
    Thank you. Your suggestion really helped.

I was really worry about my blackberry passport not coming up after charging for an hour. Your suggestion helped. I pressed and held the volume botton up and now together for a few seconds and when I re my hands, it came up and it's functioning properly now.
    03-26-15 12:40 PM
    My bb passport won't on pl. help me
    10-01-16 03:37 AM
    More info? Is it new? Old? Damaged? Working before? Any lights on?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for, and horrible SW keyboard of my Android
    10-01-16 03:47 AM