Well I love my Passport. This device has faithfully done everything I've asked of it for over a year now. Great battery life, excellent screen for reading documents and web pages, and the key : the physical keyboard.
    I don't use a lot of apps but I use enough that BB10 has become more of a hindrance than a blessing. Like many on Crackberry I wish things had gone differently. My wife has an android phone (I got her to use the hub and she's impressed) and I was genuinely shocked at how "simple" tasks took an extra step or two. We've really been spoiled on BB10 and it's tragic that more people don't realise what a great job one of the major manufacturers did on the OS front.
    So...it's KeyOne time. I've been saving Amazon vouchers for over a year and will take the plunge next month. This has been forced by apps and the fact the BB10 browser has begun behaving more erratically in the last few months.
    I've seen people on here many times saying you should buy the latest BlackBerry just to support them and keep physical keyboards going. This is anathema to me, as I consider myself a demanding consumer (big companies get away with way too much these days, not mentioning any Apples...I mean Samsungs...I mean Googles....etc). But I think this argument may be justified at this moment in time. TCL are dipping their toe in the water. There will be a threshold set for their continued level of involvement with PKBs, eg. a certain level of sales will have them commit more enthusiastically than a low level of sales.
    I really do see a situation where if too many BB10 people and even OS7 (I mean Jesus, people) users don't make the switch very soon, then there won't be any PKB devices left.
    In short, get off your asses, buy the KeyOne, or you WILL be using a crappy slab when your BB10 or OS7 device bites the dust.

Declaration of interest : I love PKBs and I give a serious damn about security. I have no ties to BlackBerry beyond this fabulous device I'm typing on.

P.S. Am I the only person wondering what would have happened if BlackBerry had released something like the KeyOne instead of the Q10?
    05-17-17 12:46 PM
    05-17-17 12:47 PM
    It's time...Embrace it

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 12:50 PM
    It's not the worst thing in the world to switch to android. I have to admit that the Hub for android is about as close as it can get to BB10. Anybody who thinks that the hub for bb10 is way better than android hub is just blowing smoke at this point.

Blackdroid is just a win-win scenario. You got a blackberry along with any app you want. It's was an easy switch for me.
    05-17-17 04:56 PM
    It's not the worst thing in the world to switch to android. I have to admit that the Hub for android is about as close as it can get to BB10. Anybody who thinks that the hub for bb10 is way better than android hub is just blowing smoke at this point.

Blackdroid is just a win-win scenario. You got a blackberry along with any app you want. It's was an easy switch for me.
    Actually I still think the bb10 hub is better but honestly for what I do with the hub the androgen version is just fine. I use it for emails only so it works really well for me
    05-17-17 04:59 PM
    I love my new Passport and I hate change. I understand your point of view on where things are going.
    I think I'll open a nostalgia shop. Long live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Jane23 likes this.
    05-17-17 10:39 PM
    Long time BB user and currently on PP. I plan to give the K1 a shot. Like the OP said, need to support PKB demand.
    05-18-17 12:55 AM
    Meanwhile..I bought another passport as a backup for 3 more years down the road. Android nougat and keyone are good but not great yet.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    05-18-17 09:51 AM
    Yeah I'm already thinking of buying a backup Passport. No droid for me.
    05-18-17 02:24 PM
    I really do see a situation where if too many BB10 people and even OS7 (I mean Jesus, people) users don't make the switch very soon, then there won't be any PKB devices left.
    In short, get off your asses, buy the KeyOne, or you WILL be using a crappy slab when your BB10 or OS7 device bites the dust.
    P.S. Am I the only person wondering what would have happened if BlackBerry had released something like the KeyOne instead of the Q10?
    I'd rather use a glass slab BB10 device than a PKB 'droid. Besides, I don't anticipate my BB10 phone to stop working anytime soon. My Curve 9360 still works. Geeze, I'd sooner use my Bold 9900 before I switch to an Android device.

And releasing the KeyONE instead of the Q10? Naw. They should have released a Q10 with the toolbelt & trackpad. The KeyONE (and the Classic) are far too big for an ideal mobile device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-19-17 01:09 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Day by day, my BlackBerry pp loses functionality and use. I'm jumping for a keyone as well.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-19-17 08:30 AM
    I had my last phone for over 10 years! Yup! Tmobile MDA (HTC Wizard). Had to replace the battery once. My point is, I don't like the idea of replacing a phone very often. Have to admit a little disappointment that I got the Passport right at the end of bb10. Haven't had it a year yet. But now it's affecting my work with support ending for a specific app I need last February.
    I'll hang on as long as I can. I want a physical keyboard! :-P
    05-19-17 06:09 PM
    [....] I really do see a situation where if too many BB10 people and even OS7 (I mean Jesus, people) users don't make the switch very soon, then there won't be any PKB devices left.
    In short, get off your asses, buy the KeyOne, or you WILL be using a crappy slab when your BB10 or OS7 device bites the dust. [....]
    Seriously flawed logic. You might have been saying similar back in the latter days of OS7. If you really do like BlackBerry, then stay with BlackBerry and encourage others to do the same or else there won't be BlackBerry in the future. Or in the dying days of BB10 when there was still reason to be hopeful, If you really like BlackBerry, then stay with BlackBerry and encourage other to do the same or else there won't be BlackBerry in the future.

BlackBerry's android is going to succeed well enough or it isn't, depending on what BlackBerry and BlackBerry partners do. BlackBerry bungled BlackBerry's hardware business because of what BlackBerry did and didn't do over many years. Now a couple BlackBerry partners think there is still something left, something that can be profited from. They may or may not be right, regardless of what you do.
    05-19-17 07:36 PM
    My Passport SE is now best used for email and text messages via the Hub, as the BlackBerry 10 browser is a massive fail nowadays. The old webOS user in me is now interested in what Sony and Jolla can cook up next month with a Sailfish OS phone. Will the OS be better than what BB10 has become?
    05-20-17 01:37 AM
    Seriously flawed logic. You might have been saying similar back in the latter days of OS7. If you really do like BlackBerry, then stay with BlackBerry and encourage others to do the same or else there won't be BlackBerry in the future. Or in the dying days of BB10 when there was still reason to be hopeful, If you really like BlackBerry, then stay with BlackBerry and encourage other to do the same or else there won't be BlackBerry in the future.

BlackBerry's android is going to succeed well enough or it isn't, depending on what BlackBerry and BlackBerry partners do. BlackBerry bungled BlackBerry's hardware business because of what BlackBerry did and didn't do over many years. Now a couple BlackBerry partners think there is still something left, something that can be profited from. They may or may not be right, regardless of what you do.
    If you think commercial companies don't base their future products and strategy on sales of current products then I think you need to look up the word "logic". You can respond with some equally outlandish riposte and have the last word - I have just a slight suspicion that debate with you would be a waste of time. Enjoy!
    05-20-17 02:36 AM
    If you think commercial companies don't base their future products and strategy on sales of current products then I think you need to look up the word "logic". You can respond with some equally outlandish riposte and have the last word - I have just a slight suspicion that debate with you would be a waste of time. Enjoy!
    You miss the point by miles. Sure, yes, businesses base assumptions for the future based in part on what's happening now. I don't deny that. But you seem to think you and a few others can turn the tide by swimming against it. You can't. And nor does the tide fail to turn because me and few others continue to do what we do and not follow you.

By your logic, if you happen to be going with the tide you will think it is moving in your direction because of you.

Use what works for you and make the most of it. That's your vote in the marketplace. But just a vote. If you want to sway millions to vote with you then you are starting way too small. You will have to do a lot more and spend a great deal to turn a tide, and still may fail.
    05-20-17 10:58 AM
    So you would recommend me a Blackberry Classic rather than a Blackberry Curve 9360? I am using a Curve 8900 but without BES and makes it somewhat limited!
    05-21-17 03:45 PM
    OP...don't fear it. My Passport is in my desk drawer. Excellent phone. Used it for over a year and loved it. In a pinch, I can still pull it out and it will work great. But I've been on an unlocked Priv now for a couple of months and it's been a good experience. BlackBerry has been faithful in getting OS updates to their Android phones every month. And the apps available to it are unreal. I'm not an app nut mind you, but being able to get a couple good ones is nice. My hope is that BlackBerry will continue to secure Android and improve on the Hub+ suite of apps.

Best of luck with your KEYone. It's a sharp looking handset.
    85_305 likes this.
    05-21-17 08:41 PM