I don't think Canada's other carriers got your memo about the October 1st Passport launch date. Me and countless others were ready to spend our money, show off your remarkable device and spread the good word. But alas, devices were nowhere to be found.

PS They didn't sell out, they never arrived.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:07 PM
    where did you check today?
    10-01-14 05:09 PM
    Did you try to order a Passport online or over phone and couldn't?

Or do you mean you went to a store and they didn't have any? Was it a corporate store? Did you or store staff check other stores too?

More details, less drama please!
    10-01-14 05:13 PM
    Downtown TO but based on a couple other threads, seems like this was the case pretty much everywhere. Rogers and MA Bell.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:14 PM
    Check the threads with Rogers and Bell in the title. People were calling everywhere. It was the launch that wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:17 PM
    Thanks mods, much better title.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:19 PM
    Check the threads with Rogers and Bell in the title. People were calling everywhere. It was the launch that wasn't.
    Wow that really sucks. Not sure about Rogers but Bell is usually decent about having demos out on their launch days, at corporate stores anyway. Did staff even know what you were talking about?

Thanks mods, much better title.
    No problem!
    10-01-14 05:33 PM
    Yeah, this was not a thought out launch. I have called over a dozen stores in the province today. Nothing.
    Then I called the Rogers customer service line. Had the lady look to see if there were any stores in Manitoba that have received stock. She couldn't find any. She said possibly come Friday.
    I have since called and complained. Didn't get me anywhere. I have called a couple stores and left my number for them to call me once a Passport gets in. Which not a single person has a solid date for. So needless to say, I will just keep calling back every afternoon after their re supply gets in.

I also recommend that if you are bored and have nothing else to do, spam the @rogersbuzz Twitter account to with #botchedrelease about the BlackBerry Passport. There are a fair amount of us here that were waiting for devices to get to store.... Only to be let down today.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 4 using Tapatalk
    10-01-14 07:21 PM
    Here you go
    It's Oct 1: why don't other Canadian carriers have Passport?-img_20141001_203317_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:35 PM
    Wow that really sucks. Not sure about Rogers but Bell is usually decent about having demos out on their launch days, at corporate stores anyway. Did staff even know what you were talking about?
    The Rogers people I spoke with knew today was launch day for the Passport and were as surprised as me about not receiving/having inventory.
    10-01-14 07:37 PM
    Another fail!

Likely not anything to do with BlackBerry but it definitely reflects poorly on them. Based on these forums there are hundreds of Canadians chomping at the bit and no devices in store for Rogers or bell.

I actually thought this time would be diff.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-01-14 07:43 PM
    I am also pretty disappointed. A week and not stock from BlackBerry store themselves? I also agree that this launch is not successful. It's successful that they sold out on 200k on first day, but not successful that stores have no stock except for Telus contracted phones. Not other stock for other carriers on this second launch day and hoping they can at least meet my backordered phone next week when Oct. 6 comes around. I think they are spreading the stock in small amounts all over the place and that's just going to drive people nuts (including me).
    10-01-14 07:50 PM