Okay I know I have one of the greatest phones if not the greatest phone in the world! But it's not even about that. It's about the OS cause everything I can do with the pp I did with the q5 q10 classic z30! It's all about bb10 this OS is amazing I don't mean to brag but no other platform can touch BlackBerry. Even on our bad days we still way better than the competition. It's going to be a matter of time for the rest to realize but it's happening. All I have to say to people is brace yourself for the BlackBerry explosion is coming!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 09:55 PM
    Okay I know I have one of the greatest phones if not the greatest phone in the world! But it's not even about that. It's about the OS cause everything I can do with the pp I did with the q5 q10 classic z30! It's all about bb10 this OS is amazing I don't mean to brag but no other platform can touch BlackBerry. Even on our bad days we still way better than the competition. It's going to be a matter of time for the rest to realize but it's happening. All I have to say to people is brace yourself for the BlackBerry explosion is coming!

Posted via CB10
    Wish you were right, and I agree with you about how fantastic the Passport is. But, instead of an explosion, BB's fortunes are continuing to decline, and very rapidly at that. Last quarter was the lowest device sales for Blackberry in 8 years:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f9005830-d...44feab7de.html

Only 1.6 million devices were sold (including Passports and Classics) vs. 3.2 million the year prior. That's an astounding 50% decline. Apple sold 74 million devices in the same quarter and Android (as a whole) over 300 million. Those numbers really put perspective on things.

Blackberry needs an entirely different path, overlay the Hub and the rest of the amazing BB experience over Android and partner with Samsung for chips, screens and production, if they have any hope of survival. This path of declines is not sustainable, even with a phone as utterly fantastic as the Passport is.
    prince178 likes this.
    06-06-15 10:17 PM
    Blackberry needs an entirely different path, overlay the Hub and the rest of the amazing BB experience over Android and partner with Samsung for chips, screens and production, if they have any hope of survival. This path of declines is not sustainable, even with a phone as utterly fantastic as the Passport is.
    Chen has been preaching that BBRY is more than just phones. I think we sometimes forget that important fact. IMO, BBRY will never get back to its glory days, but does it have to or can it survive as a smaller company in an environment with so many moving parts?
    06-06-15 10:52 PM
    Guess I better start stocking up on BlackBerry's

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    heydahling likes this.
    06-06-15 10:57 PM
    Why do you gotta be a party pooper.

Wish you were right, and I agree with you about how fantastic the Passport is. But, instead of an explosion, BB's fortunes are continuing to decline, and very rapidly at that. Last quarter was the lowest device sales for Blackberry in 8 years:

Only 1.6 million devices were sold (including Passports and Classics) vs. 3.2 million the year prior. That's an astounding 50% decline. Apple sold 74 million devices in the same quarter and Android (as a whole) over 300 million. Those numbers really put perspective on things.

06-07-15 03:35 AM
    BlackBerry still cannot segregate mobile data usage vs wifi usage per app.

BlackBerry, accept no substitute nor compromise!
    06-07-15 03:53 AM

They have a different path. It's called QNX, and it's powering a majority of new cars sold worldwide. If BlackBerry makes its money elsewhere, but still has enough loyalty to throw a new phone our way every few years, what's to complain about?

Smartphone sales are at best, a break-even game for the majority of manufacturers worldwide. No need to continue down that path if there are no substantial profits to be made.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    anon9347040 likes this.
    06-07-15 08:40 AM
    They have a different path. It's called QNX, and it's powering a majority of new cars sold worldwide. If BlackBerry makes its money elsewhere, but still has enough loyalty to throw a new phone our way every few years, what's to complain about?
    ^^^ THIS!
    It's no longer just the handset game anymore. BlackBerry today has become so much more than that.
    06-07-15 09:06 AM

Smartphone sales are at best, a break-even game for the majority of manufacturers worldwide. No need to continue down that path if there are no substantial profits to be made.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    Not complaining at all. I LOVE my Passport and I want Blackberry to be around for a long time. QNX only accounts for a bit over 2% of Blackberry's revenues. They get roughly $3 per car it is in. Not much, for sure. Device sales and services are still 98% of revenue.

Hopefully, they can turn QNX into a money-maker for them but as it stands right now, they need to figure out a way to make money in phone sales and services.
    06-07-15 06:50 PM