I think blackberry announced they are software company. So it's not a problem they can upgrade android core to 9.0 for bb10. My meanings is bb10 platform but can running Android 9.0. Is that possible? Let's discuss this topic and feedback to BlackBerry software team.

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    09-24-18 08:41 PM
    It has been discussed many times and is not possible for many reasons.
    09-24-18 08:41 PM
    I think blackberry announced they are software company. So it's not a problem they can upgrade android core to 9.0 for bb10. My meanings is bb10 platform but can running Android 9.0. Is that possible? Let's discuss this topic and feedback to BlackBerry software team.

The fact that it's not permitted by the OHA is overshadowed by the folly of having to make the multi-billion dollar investment to accomplish it.
    Last edited by conite; 09-24-18 at 09:21 PM.
    09-24-18 08:58 PM

Hey, that sounds like a great idea! You really should write it up and mail it to the BlackBerry Chairman and CEO, copying the members of the Board of Directors. If it meets their investment criteria, I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
    conite, glwerry and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-24-18 09:11 PM
    Hey, that sounds like a great idea! You really should write it up and mail it to the BlackBerry Chairman and CEO, copying the members of the Board of Directors. If it meets their investment criteria, I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
    You are right. But he never answered any questions from 2014. I asked him some questions on twitter. It seems his tweet stopped update many years.

09-24-18 09:27 PM
    You are right. But he never answered any questions from 2014. I asked him some questions on twitter. It seems his tweet stopped update many years.

So then it sounds like you’re just wasting everybody’s time...
    skrble and ck2nb like this.
    09-24-18 09:35 PM
    It has been discussed many times and is not possible for many reasons.
    You know what? Many people love blackberry phone because of love. Just love. But all of big fans disappointed because blackberry give up them. Blackberry doesn't like critical and bad words. They don't accept any suggestions from customers. That's why blackberry failed in smart phone market. Sorry about this complain. If these words against some rules about forum please delete It But not block me. Thanks

09-24-18 09:35 PM
    You know what? Many people love blackberry phone because of love. Just love. But all of big fans disappointed because blackberry give up them.
    I blame you for not buying enough BB10 devices.
    Rico4you, Sigewif and the_boon like this.
    09-24-18 09:41 PM
    You know what? Many people love blackberry phone because of love. Just love. But all of big fans disappointed because blackberry give up them. Blackberry doesn't like critical and bad words. They don't accept any suggestions from customers. That's why blackberry failed in smart phone market. Sorry about this complain. If these words against some rules about forum please delete It But not block me. Thanks

Really? They didn't sell enough phones to remain profitable.
    09-24-18 09:42 PM
    I thought that particular mulberry bush had been dug up burnt, some years ago.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-24-18 11:03 PM
    I thought that particular mulberry bush had been dug up burnt, some years ago.
    It was.

But it's the dead horse next to the ashes that new people pop in here and want to continue to beat on.
    john_v likes this.
    09-24-18 11:29 PM

You know what? You are not alone.

Unfortunately, there weren't enough of us to keep the money flowing, so BlackBerry had to give up on the financial disaster that was BB10, and do something else or they would have actually gone bankrupt by now.

None of us are saying that BB10 itself was bad - it wasn't. It was great with a lot of potential that was just never realized.

BlackBerry didn't give up on its customers. The customers gave up on BlackBerry starting way back in 2013. And we've been talking about it ever since.

If we seem a bit hostile, it's only because we've gone round and round with these threads by newcomers at least twice a month for the past several years now.

It's one thing to dream, but it's another to somehow take the reality of the situation personally, which quite a few have done.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and goncal like this.
    09-24-18 11:47 PM

I think the best next step is to start a petition.
    09-24-18 11:51 PM

Unfortunately, there weren't enough of us to keep the money flowing, so BlackBerry had to give up on the financial disaster that was BB10, and do something else or they would have actually gone bankrupt by now.

None of us are saying that BB10 itself was bad - it wasn't. It was great with a lot of potential that was just never realized.

BlackBerry didn't give up on its customers. The customers gave up on BlackBerry starting way back in 2013. And we've been talking about it ever since.

If we seem a bit hostile, it's only because we've gone round and round with these threads by newcomers at least twice a month for the past several years now.

It's one thing to dream, but it's another to somehow take the reality of the situation personally, which quite a few have done.
    Hi, my friend.. thank you. You are totally right. That's true.

09-25-18 12:37 AM

None of us are saying that BB10 itself was bad - it wasn't. It was great with a lot of potential that was just never realized. This is very good point. I like it

09-25-18 12:39 AM
    I blame you for not buying enough BB10 devices.
    What do you mean not buying enough bb10 device? I have Q10. Classic and passport.

09-25-18 01:57 AM
    You didn’t buy Q5, Z10, Z30, Z3 and Leap
    What do you mean not buying enough bb10 device? I have Q10. Classic and passport.

conite and skrble like this.
    09-25-18 05:52 AM
    You didn’t buy Q5, Z10, Z30, Z3 and Leap
    Don't you mean a few thousand of each?
    09-25-18 06:43 AM
    That’s probably not even enough! BB had a million of Z10 they couldn’t get rid of!
    09-25-18 06:57 AM
    That’s probably not even enough! BB had a million of Z10 they couldn’t get rid of!
    Very true!
    09-25-18 07:10 AM

Dozens - maybe hundreds - of threads exist on the CB Forums discussing this very issue, and there are many reasons why it cannot (not may not, but cannot) happen.

Have you tried a BlackBerry KEY2? It's a fantastic device and the sliver version looks similar to the Passport Silver Edition in its design. It also runs Android 8.1 and will receive the upgrade to 9.0.

BlackBerry World and BIS will be shut down at the end of 2019, so now is a good time to consider upgrading.
    09-25-18 07:20 AM
    That is funny. I just buy some of I like but not all. For example I love my girlfriend but not all of women in the world.

09-25-18 07:52 AM
    Dozens - maybe hundreds - of threads exist on the CB Forums discussing this very issue, and there are many reasons why it cannot (not may not, but cannot) happen.

Have you tried a BlackBerry KEY2? It's a fantastic device and the sliver version looks similar to the Passport Silver Edition in its design. It also runs Android 8.1 and will receive the upgrade to 9.0.

BlackBerry World and BIS will be shut down at the end of 2019, so now is a good time to consider upgrading.
    Thank you my friend. I am waiting for the price down after half year. It's not right time to buy key2 now.

09-25-18 07:55 AM
    That is funny. I just buy some of I like but not all. For example I love my girlfriend but not all of women in the world.

But if you want to guarantee the viability of your DNA going forward, you will have to buy date a lot more women.
    09-25-18 07:56 AM
    ✊ Dream on!
    09-25-18 08:21 AM
50 12