I was a long time berry user from way back in the 7250 days. Used to always have a BB. Strayed away after the 9900 and have been using either an iphone or android since. Well, that beast of a phone called Passport is calling me back to BB. Theres a local seller here with an unlocked Passport that he'd sell me for $320. I've been checking all the threads and what people are saying about the problems they have run into with theirs.Is it worth buying one now? I don't have lots of apps I actually use on my iphone 6+. Main ones are FB, Instagram, messaging, email and YouTube.
    09-11-15 11:06 AM
    I received mine today. I have no words to express what I feel about this phone. It's just amazing.
    mark1914 and mmrshll like this.
    09-11-15 11:26 AM
    You'll find tons of problem reports on any device's forums, even the iPhone isn't save. If you can check the unit yourself and see if it's good and you still get warranty, I don't think there is a reason not to take it.
    Of course if it already has visible flaws, I'd rather stay away from it, just like I would from any device after all!

Many people here report their Passports are fine, others have less luck and continue to suffer from issues. I have really bad luck with the Classic myself for example, I had to claim warranty three times already, with the device just being a tad over six months old. A really bad performance by BlackBerry. Others reporting their Classics are completely fine. I also like to tell the story of a person who had to exchange his iPhone 5s five times before he finally got a good unit.

Posted via CB10
    Cracklen and mark1914 like this.
    09-11-15 11:26 AM
    Just go for it! If you only use those select apps then the passport has them, and in my opinion they are just as good as the iOS and android counterparts! Plus the hub is THE best thing I've come across in phones ever!!!! I can from a HTC one m8, which was pretty good but, the lag and failing to send messages and constant, unstoppable, language change whilst texting did my head in so, I came back to blackberry again!!

Posted via CB10
    mark1914 and Montmartre like this.
    09-11-15 11:40 AM
    It's the best phone i have ever owned (i've had android, windows phone and iphones) by far. Sure, the app gap can be annoying but with Amazon and all the other options i have all the apps i need. So Just get one and i'm pretty sure you won't be dissapointed.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:49 AM
    Ok. I do miss the real keyboard on BB. Waiting to see if I can meet up with him later.
    09-11-15 11:51 AM
    For that price that's a deal you cannot pass up...I want a PP but I'm with Verizon for now. Please follow up with us how you like it if you purchase it.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:05 PM
    For that price that's a deal you cannot pass up...I want a PP but I'm with Verizon for now. Please follow up with us how you like it if you purchase it.

Posted via CB10
    Will do. How's the facebook app on the PP? Same functionality?
    09-11-15 12:07 PM
    Facebook app is lame, but you can get the droid version or just use the website.

Posted via CB10
    mark1914 likes this.
    09-11-15 12:13 PM
    Will do. How's the facebook app on the PP? Same functionality?
    Yeah, as much as I love BB10, I would be lying if I didn't tell you that the facebook app isn't that great. Mainly, the issue is that it never shows comment replies. I just started using the mobile site which works a lot better. I still have the app installed so I can easily post photos but to actually browse, I created a desktop shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    mark1914 likes this.
    09-11-15 12:51 PM
    I'm itching for one too! I'm trying to hold out for the slider though.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 01:51 PM
    I can say that this is an amazing phone. The quad core processor is vey fast and the keyboard is superb. You will love OS10. Plus, most of the short cuts you love from the Bold days are back. You've heard it's a beast.......and it is. Plus you can put a 128gb SD memory card in without problems.

I will say that the Silver Edition is the best of all Passports. Maybe check Ebay for bargains.

STA 100-3, SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2639
    moody likes this.
    09-11-15 04:12 PM
    I'm itching for one too! I'm trying to hold out for the slider though.

Posted via CB10
    The Slider will be android, not BB10. Don't forget that. Secured Android, but still android.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:27 PM
    I was a long time berry user from way back in the 7250 days. Used to always have a BB. Strayed away after the 9900 and have been using either an iphone or android since. Well, that beast of a phone called Passport is calling me back to BB. Theres a local seller here with an unlocked Passport that he'd sell me for $320. I've been checking all the threads and what people are saying about the problems they have run into with theirs.Is it worth buying one now? I don't have lots of apps I actually use on my iphone 6+. Main ones are FB, Instagram, messaging, email and YouTube.
    If the Passport in question is new and not refurbished or used, then go for it. Make sure the seller is reliable, though. I have had no problems with my Black original Passport. It is a great phone. All the apps you use are available and work really well. The battery life is phenomenal. Call clarity is outstanding. Love the keyboard and how everything is integrated. The screen is superb. You will really appreciate the Hub and also toast notifications. It is so easy to answer an email, a text withou leaving what you were doing when the notification pops up.

If it is new and the seller is reliable, and you do purchase. I recommend you update to the latest OS. It is available here in the Leaks part of the BB10 forum thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:34 PM
    The Passport is wide. That takes getting used to, but it's also what makes it such a great device.

There are two things this device does better than any other hand held:

1) Web surfing, particularly on sites with no mobile equivalent. That width comes in handy, and the BB10 web browser is excellent. Bonus points for being able to turn the device sideways and use the touch keyboard to scroll long pages. I use it all the time and other people's eyes bug out when I show it to them.
    2) Anything that requires text entry. BB10 keyboards are all excellent (even the virtual one), but the Passport is just slightly better, at least in my experience.

Again, it's wide. It can't be used one-handed, and for some people that's a deal-breaker. As far as I'm concerned, it was a small price to pay. I love this thing.
    miker476 likes this.
    09-11-15 05:39 PM
    The Slider will be android, not BB10. Don't forget that. Secured Android, but still android.

Posted via CB10
    I'm fairly sure that the user will be given the choice of Android or BB10 on first boot.
    09-11-15 05:40 PM
    The Passport is wide. That takes getting used to, but it's also what makes it such a great device.

There are two things this device does better than any other hand held:

1) Web surfing, particularly on sites with no mobile equivalent. That width comes in handy, and the BB10 web browser is excellent. Bonus points for being able to turn the device sideways and use the touch keyboard to scroll long pages. I use it all the time and other people's eyes bug out when I show it to them.
    2) Anything that requires text entry. BB10 keyboards are all excellent (even the virtual one), but the Passport is just slightly better, at least in my experience.

Again, it's wide. It can't be used one-handed, and for some people that's a deal-breaker. As far as I'm concerned, it was a small price to pay. I love this thing.
    At this point, I'm not sure if needing to use 2 hands all the time is a deal breaker but I do think it'd be very annoying if I was on the subway, needed to use the phone and only have one hand free.

I'm also concerned if the phone looks silly in dress pants pockets.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:45 PM
    You should not put a passport in your pants pocket. Use a holster it fits perfectly and looks great.
    09-11-15 07:25 PM
    What I find frustrating is that it's obvious that BB10 is a better OS, but people still buy the other products even after seeing how great A BB10 OS is and especially the Z30. A good example is that Post by Thunderbuck. It's sad to say but lets face it Blackberry's image is damaged beyond repair.
    double_fault and Montmartre like this.
    09-11-15 07:29 PM
    What I find frustrating is that it's obvious that BB10 is a better OS, but people still buy the other products even after seeing how great A BB10 OS is and especially the Z30. A good example is that Post by Thunderbuck. It's sad to say but lets face it Blackberry's image is damaged beyond repair.
    That's the problem with everyone I try to convince blackberry is back at it. They destroyed their image for a few years with there releases and people won't trust them anymore.

I myself gave in and went from the iphone 5 to iphone 5s to iphone 6 to the 6 plus and then finally to the passport silver. It's the best phone I have ever owned. I wish more people just gave it a chance before instantly saying no because of the blackberry name.

Don't be fooled, in my opinion there is no better phone then the passport. I use it without a case because it's too sexy to hide and absolutely love it.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 08:36 PM
    Imagine the itch- I'm desperately waiting somewhere in India and my pp SE is somewhere in Orlando, Florida.

I hope my SE doesn't arrive on Judgement Day!

 BlackBerry� - Then, Now, Forever.
    09-11-15 11:10 PM
    Got it!! Problem is the Security Wipe is taking forever! The seller started the wipe at 3:30 it's 11:30 now and it's at 95%.
    Gadgetgirl38 and moody like this.
    09-11-15 11:31 PM
    Hi Mark! Congratulations on your purchase!! You'll enjoy the phone, I guarantee you that Also, nobody here mentioned this, but the speaker quality is awesome too!! It is LOUD and clear. Listening to music is a treat and taking calls on speakerphone is effortless.

Enjoy your phone. If you run into any questions, feel free to ask them here. We'll be happy for answer them. Cheers!

P.S.: Did anyone mention the amazing battery life!

Posted from my  Z30 � Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    09-12-15 02:23 AM
    Yep I was/am a long time time Android and iOS user and recently jumped to the Passport and I absolutely love it. I have the Play Store installed for additional app needs and I use browser for some (which are actually very good ie. Facebook, Google+). I've also managed to get it working with my Chromecast and watch movies completely stutter free which is something my S6 can not even do!

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    09-12-15 03:31 AM
    Plugged it in all night and it only moved 1%. What is going on?
    09-12-15 08:11 AM
56 123