02-27-15 10:48 PM
29 12
tools
    Hi guys, just wanna share some issues I have with my blackberry passport (10.3.0.1418) and if you guys the solutions to any of them it will be great!

1. Toast notifications not working properly
    Not too sure if I am the only one with this issue but I have experienced it on both my q10 as well as my BlackBerry passport. The problem is that whenever I receive a whatsapp notification (not sure if this issue is across all board with emails etc), the notification would be badly cropped from the screen. I wouldn't be able to quick reply as well. It just looks bad and a pity really considering this is a really good feature. Only well to solve this is by restarting the phone. Even a reset of the BlackBerry hub doesn't work

2. Whenever I run an android app, the entire system lags. For example, when I am listening to my music on the official music app and I open an android application, the music would start to stutter or even stop completely. Tried restarting my phone but the problems persists.

3. I have yet to find a version of instagram which works perfectly with my blackberry. I have tried several versions of the official android instagram apps based on forum search, igran, and the new insta10 but all of them would crash every now and then. I ended up installing this free instagram app called imagine from snap which is simply just a viewer but it works really well.

Any tips or help would be appreciated! Otherwise I would say the BlackBerry passport is really an excellent phone with good battery life!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 06:52 AM
    Try igrann pro for your instagram needs.

Posted via J's Blackberry passport
    02-02-15 09:37 AM
    Also remember android apps are not native so you may experience some issues with them. For my music I stream Pandora spotify or I use adownloader torrent get all music I want without any issues.

02-02-15 09:42 AM
    Only worried tat igran pro might have the same issues as the trial version... and yeah I actually load in music from my computer and the same issue persists... hopefully the new software update will solve these issues!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:24 AM
    Am I really the only one seeing these bugs? Haha

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:24 PM
    I would venture to say as many have already, it's the android apps causing problems not BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:31 PM
    Yea I don't have any issues on my end I've tamed all those droids that I use, hopefully update will really fix any issues as well.

02-03-15 01:37 PM
    Try Insta10....I think it's better than iGrann Pro
    Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:38 PM
    Also my igrann pro works flawlessly, the only thing that is missing is the ability to DM I don't use that anyway hopefully won't be a deal breaker for you.

02-03-15 01:39 PM
    Where did you get it from

02-03-15 01:42 PM
    Insta10 allows dm'ing

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:42 PM
    What app store?

02-03-15 01:43 PM
    What app store?

Get it from the BlackBerry beta app, I got a free version as I'm part of the BlackBerry beta zone and honestly as much as I like igrann. Insta10 completely obliterates it, very fast and smooth. Can't wait for it to be out of beta so I can buy it. Igrann I've now deleted as it's not even close to insta10.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:46 PM
    Yup.

I see stutters in native music when Android apps are running.

I find that the phone is laggy particularly when using spotify, which is my #1 used Driod App.

I drive this down to a lack of OS prioritizing processes properly, and usin gall the cores of the CPU properly. But thats MHO.
    02-03-15 01:58 PM
    Phone gets slow and heats up when I use Android apps generally. Happens to a greater extent for some apps than others. I think it's partly a problem with the Android apps, but to the extent that running Android apps is official on Passport, it's something that BlackBerry has to deal with.
    02-03-15 02:13 PM
    I have the same OS and have the android version of Instagram 6.0 apk and it works great. I can view and post pictures no problem. I use that version and a combination of Insta10 for my needs. As for the lag i dont really experience any on my device, and the toast notifications work fine over here. I would assume lag happens when you dont close the android app properly. Try holding down on the x when its minimized in the active frame to completely kill the app. It might help with the lag issues.
    02-03-15 02:26 PM
    I use an older version of Instagram apk which works great on my PassPort
    https://db.tt/65Lj3OOR
    Hope this works for you
    02-03-15 02:32 PM
    Yup I realise it's really the android apps which are causing several issues but then again they are not really designed to run on our blackberries hahaha hopefully the new update will make this experience better!

And yeah insta10 is looking very promising esp for a app which is still in beta!! There are updates almost every single day haha

Thanks everyone for your response for a moment I tot I was the only one facing such issues hahaha

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 02:42 PM
    I've posted this before but I'm going to do so again because I'm so frustrated. My Passport stopped ringing after the second week. If I dont see my calls on screen I miss them. All notifications work perfectly but my phone rings with no sound and it also doesn't vibrate. I've done factory reset, had to start from scratch, then installed leak 2072 and the issue persist. I love the phone but what on earth makes it to not ring! Can it be fixed? BlackBerry help on twitter is useless! Have to send the phone in and it can take up to two weeks before! I get it back. I can't be without my phone for two weeks, I'm a business man and use this device daily, does anyone know what causes this and can it be fixed? Please some positive feedback will be appreciated.

Posted with my Amazing  Passport
    02-03-15 02:58 PM
    @Leon Thiart, do you have any sound profile switch apps (ex. Power Tools)?
    If so, delete the app and see if the issue continues.
    Leon Thiart likes this.
    02-03-15 03:52 PM
    For Toast notification I'm unsure about Whatsapp becuz I don't use it. But with others you can scroll the toast app with your finger up and down. Hope it helps

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:26 PM
    I'm very surprised you can't listen to music and run a crummy Android app.

Many times I have 6-7 active frames on and this phone doesn't miss a beat.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:13 PM
    Try #insta10 guys it's in beta zone. Better quality uploading, customization, fast, fluid, smooth, instagram direct. Beautiful

Thanks all

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:38 PM
    I'm very surprised you can't listen to music and run a crummy Android app.

Many times I have 6-7 active frames on and this phone doesn't miss a beat.

Posted via CB10
    Yup I am pretty surprised myself as well perhaps it's a matter of software version? Hopefully 10.3.1 will have all of these ironed out

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:39 PM
    Honestly there has been a ton of lag for me the past two days. Especially with apps downloaded through Cobalt play Store. Hoping it's a temporary issue.

Toast notifications. They run perfectly though.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:59 PM
29 12