Hi, In the recent weeks I've had the following issues that arised from my Passport (the normal one):

-Need to reboot the phone with the USB Cable On in order to charge -No USB connection with the computer possible except charging -Battery emptying itself at an abnormal rate, with abnormal heat being generated even when the phone is idle.

I tried reloading the OS twice already (the "OS reload function of BB Link works even though the phone is not detected)

Here is the battery consumption, two hours after having reloaded, with nearly everything off (only 3G on), no additionnal app installed except Whatsapp, one email account only and a lot of features disabled on options:
    Issues with Battery, Power Consumption and Charging-62e22e47-d84c-4209-9302-53eda282ffae.jpg

Would someone have any insight on what is going on ?

I already tried to replace the USB cables with BB-bought ones, even chargers, does not change anything.

Sometimes when I pull off the Blackberry USB cable, linked to the Blacberry Charger, I have a "USB Overcurrent" notification.

Thanks in advance !
    10-02-15 05:45 AM
    Have you checked CPU usage to see if any one thing is draining the battery?

When you reloaded the OS did you also reload a backed up file? Does it also do this on a fresh OS without any apps?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 08:18 AM
    "USB overcurrent" indicates problem in the circuit board. Have a technician to chechk it.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    10-02-15 08:25 AM
    Have you checked CPU usage to see if any one thing is draining the battery?

When you reloaded the OS did you also reload a backed up file? Does it also do this on a fresh OS without any apps?

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    I wiped my phone twice, and the screenshot posted above come from a purely fresh device.
    The CPU use from System and PIM services is abnormally high (>10%), which I think explain the heat and the battery...

"USB overcurrent" indicates problem in the circuit board. Have a technician to chechk it.
    Would you say I need to contact BB support to send it back ? I'm not sure the phone repair shops in my city (Toulouse, France) have already seen a Blackberry...

Issues with Battery, Power Consumption and Charging-img_20151002_161025.jpg
    Last edited by WhinerFoX; 10-02-15 at 09:16 AM.
    10-02-15 09:02 AM

Would you say I need to contact BB support to send it back ? I'm not sure the phone repair shops in my city (Toulouse, France) have already seen a Blackberry...
    At least they (the repair shops) can check to make sure your USB cable is still good. Or they can plug another USB cable to see if the problem still remains.

Edit: you may want them to check the charger too.

10-02-15 09:28 AM
    I tried several chargers (not all blackberry), two sets of Blackberry cables and two or three sets of generic USB cables. I guess the issue comes from the phone...
    10-02-15 09:45 AM
    You definitely have a phone issue that you need to contact your purchase point about. Something is definitely wrong in Passport land. Let us know how things are resolved.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 10:16 AM
    You definitely have a phone issue that you need to contact your purchase point about. Something is definitely wrong in Passport land. Let us know how things are resolved.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

10-02-15 10:25 AM
    As others have mentioned, this is definitely starting to sound like an internal hardware issue. Hope you can find a solution.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:02 PM
    Many Thanks,
    I'll see what I can do with one of the repair shops in my town, as I bought this phone used (but brand new-used)
    10-03-15 03:19 AM
    Many Thanks,
    I'll see what I can do with one of the repair shops in my town, as I bought this phone used (but brand new-used)
    1-Check your synch options.... put them to manual
    2-Check any apps that you downloaded....if there's one running in the background that could be the culprit
    3-If you have just loaded a new OS give your phone a few days for the optimisation to take root

All smartphones bow to my BlackBerry Passport
    10-03-15 12:42 PM
    Hi, In the recent weeks I've had the following issues that arised from my Passport (the normal one):

-Need to reboot the phone with the USB Cable On in order to charge -No USB connection with the computer possible except charging -Battery emptying itself at an abnormal rate, with abnormal heat being generated even when the phone is idle.

I tried reloading the OS twice already (the "OS reload function of BB Link works even though the phone is not detected)

Here is the battery consumption, two hours after having reloaded, with nearly everything off (only 3G on), no additionnal app installed except Whatsapp, one email account only and a lot of features disabled on options:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62e22e47-d84c-4209-9302-53eda282ffae.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	374108

Would someone have any insight on what is going on ?

I already tried to replace the USB cables with BB-bought ones, even chargers, does not change anything.

Sometimes when I pull off the Blackberry USB cable, linked to the Blacberry Charger, I have a "USB Overcurrent" notification.

Thanks in advance !
    How was your phone functioning before you updated it?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:24 PM