I rarely start threads here unless I think I have something worthwhile to contribute. My last one being the thread about fixing the wobbly z30 keys with electric tape Here's another one that might be useful to some...

Today I just wanna share a pleasant surprise with a passport skin I had low expectations for but completely blew me away and given the number of threads here discussing skin options I just thought I'll throw in another option for you folks who may be interested. Please excuse the long thread, just compensating for my lack of participation in the threads over the years

Upon receiving my second passport last week, I immediately went to my local ghost armor kiosk for skinning. Unfortunately they only had the ultra clear and clear matte options and had to order in the carbon skins for me. The owner was enthusiastic enough to offer me a free custom cut back in red carbon just to give me something to use for the meantime. As much as I appreciated the gesture, I couldn't help but be bothered everytime I noticed the custom cut which wasn't done very nicely but today I received a savior in the mail...

It was the black and silver skins I originally bought for my black passport before I sold it last month to move to the classic! I had almost forgotten about them! I remember shopping around for skins having read some threads here about skinomi and phantom skins. Unfortunately, I just couldn't justify the price after shipping is added just to get then here in Australia. Back then, the ghost armor shop here didn't have any either.

I ended up finding a seller on ebay x-Skinz from Romania who's rating was tarnished by some glow in the dark skins he had for other devices. His price was unbelievably low! Like really low enough to make you nervous and thankfully low enough to get the to order without any high expectations long story short, I got them today and boy oh boy! I'm just so happy I pulled the trigger! They're just perfect! Attention to detail of the cuts are just spot on and the quality seems to be at par with my favorite dbrand skins. If I had to nitpick they're Just not as thick as the ghost armor carbon I had on before but I wouldn't say it's too thin either. Just right and more importantly the dry installation was dumb proof and once I got it on perfectly (took a few tries but adhesion remained superb) it felt no different in the hand or in looks than the more expensive brand skins.

It doesn't come with a screen protector unless you order one separately but it comes with cut outs galore for all angles and even gives you an option to cover the blackberry logo if you wanted to. I'm really stoked and in the mood to share this amazing find so once again sorry if this turned out to be a long intro. By the way, they're only USD $7 each shipped free internationally! ( took 3 weeks from Romania to Australia) Bloody amazing value anyway you look at it! I'm keeping it on even after my ghost armor arrives.

Thanks for putting up with the long read. Rewarding your patience now with some photos. BTW, I only installed the back part coz that's all I wanted. The red carbon ring on the camera is not part of the passport set, that's just some dbrand leftover accents from my nexus 6

iSkinz - a pleasant surprise! (semi review)-image4-1-.jpg

iSkinz - a pleasant surprise! (semi review)-image2-1-.jpg

iSkinz - a pleasant surprise! (semi review)-image1-1-.jpg

iSkinz - a pleasant surprise! (semi review)-image3-1-.jpg

iSkinz - a pleasant surprise! (semi review)-image6-1-.jpg

iSkinz - a pleasant surprise! (semi review)-image5-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:07 AM
    I brought one of these for my passport (exact same seller but the clear one), the clear one wasnt great as it doesnt stick and stay to well. When you apply a case it messes and moves it about... If you dont use a case I think it would be a good product, but I used a case on top of the skin on my torch and it didnt move the skin
    03-09-15 08:20 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience with the clear ones. Yeah I know what you mean, from his feedback on ebay it seems like the glow in the dark and clear skins have not impressed people. Maybe because it uses a different way of sticking to the phone. Most of the clear ones I have come across from different brands are wet installed which I am not a real fan of. The carbon ones however seem to be snug at least for the back parts which I used. After I installed them earlier I took a blower and gave it a hot run down and did the moving test with force (forcing to displace it with my hands) and it seemed to be firmly in place. But then again I never used the side decals which I assume you are referring to be easily displaced with your clear ones being in direct contact to the case. I'm happy enough to just cover the back part which I think can live strong even with a case on since there is no friction with the removing and installing of cases.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mazinger; 03-09-15 at 09:09 AM.
    03-09-15 08:40 AM
    Thanks for sharing! These skins have the cut out for the BlackBerry logo on the back then? I've been looking at them on ebay, and that was the only thing holding me back.

Posted via My BlackBerry Passport
    03-09-15 10:06 AM
    Silver one seems nice. Thank you for this!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:12 AM
    No worries, I contacted Adrian the seller and found out he has so many other colors and options available that are on the iskinz.ro website but not on the ebay options. I ended up getting red and gunmetal carbons to suit my white pp better

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:21 PM
    Hi everybody.
    I am Adrian and I would like to thank you all for your good words and your feedback. I am very hapy that you are pleased with our products and we will do all the best to keep a very good quality with low prices for our products.
    For those who don't like ebay and prefer a straight conection with the seller and also a bigger offer , We proudly announce you that from now on we are online with our internation web-shop x-skinz.com
    Any question and any demand you have , do not hesitate to contact us.
    A very nice day for anyone !
    08-06-15 09:47 AM
    Looks nice; I'll have a look at the different colours and see thanks!

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    08-06-15 10:47 AM
    Looks like the only Passport options are for the unlocked version, no AT&T model skins.
    08-06-15 11:06 AM
    Bought them via ebay.
    Looking forward to get them!
    Is that BlackBerry logo pre cutted?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:12 AM
    Hi Tim,
    you are right we have available at this moment onfly the unloched version skin.
    If you need for AT&T model we can make it but we need some scaned images of the phone. If you have a scanner just let us know and we will give you some tips for good scanned images. Forward this images in our email and our graphician will work at this model for you.
    Have a great day.
    08-07-15 07:32 AM
    Yes the logo is precuted, but still on the sheet. You can use it or not, as you wish. Have a great day.
    08-07-15 07:36 AM
    Yes the logo is precuted, but still on the sheet. You can use it or not, as you wish. Have a great day.
    That is amazing sir!
    I'm sure i will love it

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 04:20 PM
    Installed!
    Verrrryyyy pleased by the quality!
    Damn looks HOT!

Only oncern, what about the corners getting loose?
    Little bit scared about that.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 01:54 PM
    Duct tape

Installed!
    Verrrryyyy pleased by the quality!
    Damn looks HOT!

Only oncern, what about the corners getting loose?
    Little bit scared about that.

Posted via CB10

08-10-15 02:25 PM
    Duct tape

How do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 02:42 PM
    Just kidding! LoL

Overtime those corner skins would not hold and will eventually start to lose their adhesiveness as with every other skins. They would peel off faster if you keep putting the phone in a case and taking it off.

How do you mean?

Posted via CB10

08-10-15 03:04 PM
    Just kidding! LoL

Overtime those corner skins would not hold and will eventually start to lose their adhesiveness as with every other skins. They would peel off faster if you keep putting the phone in a case and taking it off.

Ok, then i might cut it of for a reallyyyy small bit. Just so it does not rech far enoug to get loose

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 03:44 PM
    Hi everybody.
    I am Adrian and I would like to thank you all for your good words and your feedback. I am very hapy that you are pleased with our products and we will do all the best to keep a very good quality with low prices for our products.
    For those who don't like ebay and prefer a straight conection with the seller and also a bigger offer , We proudly announce you that from now on we are online with our internation web-shop x-skinz.com
    Any question and any demand you have , do not hesitate to contact us.
    A very nice day for anyone !
    Adrian do u ship to India if so how if not when can u start.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 07:34 AM
    Hi. Yes we ship to India. Have a great day.
    08-12-15 07:57 AM
    Hi. Yes we ship to India. Have a great day.
    Any idea when carbon black skinz will be back in stock?
    This for passport

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 07:58 AM
    Just use a hot air hair dryer. the hot air make the vinys soft and activate the adhesive very well. it is the same technique as it is used when you wrap a car.
    08-12-15 07:59 AM
    it is in stock. but we do not sell anymore on ebay. you can find us from now on our official webshop x-skinz.com
    08-12-15 08:03 AM
    Just use a hot air hair dryer. the hot air make the vinys soft and activate the adhesive very well. it is the same technique as it is used when you wrap a car.
    Yup i am really happy with the quality and i tried to buy a spare one but showed out of stock. (ebay)

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:03 AM
    Cool. I will have to consider.