Dumb question. I was so used to buying music through itunes when I had an iPhone. How do you guys buy music for BlackBerry? Buy it on the desktop and transfer?

Posted on my passport
    11-14-14 06:57 AM
    Download 7Digital from BlackBerry World...

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-14-14 07:06 AM
    7digital is one option.
    IPhone Convert: how do I buy music? Movies?-img_20141114_102145.png

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:26 AM
    Or get Sync My iTunes and then you can synchronise existing iTunes.
    IPhone Convert: how do I buy music? Movies?-img_20141114_214111.png

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-14-14 10:12 AM
    Amazon is the official app store for blackberry so I would assume amazon music and videos to be the official store for such things.
    11-14-14 10:40 AM
    I really like using Amazon. Been using it for years. Lots of great promos going on all the time
    11-14-14 10:45 AM
    Can you actually buy music or movies from the Amazon Store? I don't have a passport yet but I'm not seeing that option on my Z10.
    11-14-14 10:59 AM
    Amazon is the official app store for blackberry so I would assume amazon music and videos to be the official store for such things.
    You assume wrong. Music/movies are not available through the Amazon app, though I do understand that Amazon Direct works fine through the browser in the markets where it's actually available (I can't get it myself so I cannot confirm that).

7Digital is the "official" music store, and I'm hoping to see it restored to BlackBerry World soon. We have no source for legal movie/video downloads, unfortunately.
    power5 likes this.
    11-14-14 11:34 AM
    You assume wrong. Music/movies are not available through the Amazon app, though I do understand that Amazon Direct works fine through the browser in the markets where it's actually available (I can't get it myself so I cannot confirm that).

7Digital is the "official" music store, and I'm hoping to see it restored to BlackBerry World soon. We have no source for legal movie/video downloads, unfortunately.
    Hey TB, when did you become a moderator??
    11-14-14 11:38 AM

I know right! Having it integrated in BlackBerry World was better in my mind overall. I hardly go on BlackBerry World now. So I tend not to browse for new apps as much either. Not that im a super huge app user but I like good apps for things I would find useful

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    11-14-14 12:14 PM
    Sync music from computer to blackberry. I buy all my music from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:17 PM
    Amazon Music store is available on 1Mobile. I have used Amazon on the PC for many years because the music has always been DRM free, always backed up in the cloud and easy to sync with my BB. Even easier now with the App.
    11-14-14 12:36 PM
    Can you actually buy music or movies from the Amazon Store? I don't have a passport yet but I'm not seeing that option on my Z10.
    It's a separate app called Amazon MP3. Works great!
    11-14-14 01:16 PM

What about Amazon MP3? Considering Blackberrys partnership with Amazon, I would see that as the new "official" source for legal downloads.
    11-14-14 01:19 PM
    I've never used iTunes. I have always got my music, movies buy buying it wherever and then just placing it on my phone. I even buy from Walmart.
    11-14-14 01:30 PM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Posted on my passport
    11-14-14 02:57 PM
    Hey TB, when did you become a moderator??
    I joined the mod team a couple of weeks ago. Still treading VERY carefully

What about Amazon MP3? Considering Blackberrys partnership with Amazon, I would see that as the new "official" source for legal downloads.
    No, not an "official" source, likely in part because of the limited availability outside of the US (I THINK the only other countries where Amazon sells downloadable content is the UK and Japan).
    11-14-14 04:43 PM

About time. Exceptionally good choice.
    lotuslanderz and Thunderbuck like this.
    11-14-14 04:55 PM
    It's been kind of hinted at already, but you can continue to use iTunes on your PC of choice, and then sync your media to your new phone (that's what I do)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:59 PM

No, not an "official" source, likely in part because of the limited availability outside of the US (I THINK the only other countries where Amazon sells downloadable content is the UK and Japan).

Grats on the modship

On topic, I think the OP has options.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-18-14 08:24 PM
    Vinyl at the local record store.
    Most albums come with the digital download included. 7Digital works pretty well too.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-19-14 01:37 AM
    Was so much better when integrated into BBW...

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-19-14 12:02 PM
    I use Amazon, then drag and drop onto SD card...
    11-19-14 12:25 PM