I appreciate your response and cannt deny the quality of the iPhone
    But I somehow seem to be biased towards physical keyboard and that's the reason I never fell in for iPhone 6s, 7, etc
    I went to the stores to check if I can type on glass and I was always disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    Typing on glass will always feel like typing on glass, it's not really gonna improve more than it already has.
    No amount of haptic feedback will replace the feeling of pushing real physical buttons.

It's exactly why TCL licensed the BB brand and is pushing PKB's.

I myself enjoy it way too much to go back to tapping cold, stale glass. No matter how good the specs and camera are.
    09-02-18 12:30 PM
    I appreciate your response and cannt deny the quality of the iPhone
    But I somehow seem to be biased towards physical keyboard and that's the reason I never fell in for iPhone 6s, 7, etc
    I went to the stores to check if I can type on glass and I was always disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    The thread is meaningless then, you’ve already had in mind what’s your choice. If it’s $500 price range and you want a pkb the choices are keyone and key 2 LE. Keyone is one year old which mean it has slower processor and 1 year software support remaining, while key 2 LE has newer processor, longer 2 year support but comes without capacitive touchpad layer on the keyboard (which is really a deal breaker).

$500 for 8 is actually extra-ordinary for slab user like me. But if I were you, instead of getting iphone I’d rather buy the best of value of android (non blackberry) on that price range and slap blackberry apps on it (if you really need it).
    09-02-18 07:07 PM
    The iPhone 8 should give you years of reliable service. If you have a hardware issue they can be fixed . Not so much for most Android phones.

If you type tons of texts and emails buy a BlackBerry.
    09-02-18 10:55 PM
    The thread is meaningless then, you’ve already had in mind what’s your choice. If it’s $500 price range and you want a pkb the choices are keyone and key 2 LE. Keyone is one year old which mean it has slower processor and 1 year software support remaining, while key 2 LE has newer processor, longer 2 year support but comes without capacitive touchpad layer on the keyboard (which is really a deal breaker).

$500 for 8 is actually extra-ordinary for slab user like me. But if I were you, instead of getting iphone I’d rather buy the best of value of android (non blackberry) on that price range and slap blackberry apps on it (if you really need it).
    Best value of Android?
    If it comes to slab, iPhone would be my preferred option.
    I agree that £500 is extra ordinary for iPhone 8 and hence the confusion.
    I am just checking has anybody shifted from PKB to an iPhone and how's the experience, etc
    Your comments has definitely deviated me towards iPhone and hence I went to stores to check.
    When everything worked on Passport then I wouldn't have cared for any other phones no matter what deal
    But since things have been compromised on Passport, I am thinking about alternatives now.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 12:40 AM
    Best value of Android?
    If it comes to slab, iPhone would be my preferred option.
    I agree that £500 is extra ordinary for iPhone 8 and hence the confusion.
    I am just checking has anybody shifted from PKB to an iPhone and how's the experience, etc
    Your comments has definitely deviated me towards iPhone and hence I went to stores to check.
    When everything worked on Passport then I wouldn't have cared for any other phones no matter what deal
    But since things have been compromised on Passport, I am thinking about alternatives now.

Posted via CB10
    Slabs are not gonna be enjoyable to type on. Since you were holding onto the Passport for that long tells me you value the accuracy and feel of a PKB. However, if you do go for the iPhone and then decide it's not for you, you won't have any problem selling it, as tons of people look for that kind of slab, and value holds better than most Android phones.
    09-03-18 01:55 AM
    Hi guys,
    I am being really confused on whether to go for iPhone 8 or stay with Passport?
    I like keyboard, but the key2 is way too costly and am getting really good deal for iPhone 8 (500 bucks)

Please can you help me deciding?

Posted via CB10
    Go for iphone 8 if u are getting it for 500, but see if it's refubrished. Coz most refubrished don't last long, and has no guarantee. Few years ago my 6 stopped working in a month. As we all know Passport is soon going to end.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 04:16 AM
    For what it's worth, I have had occasion to use both the 8plus and the X but am back on the passport. If your primary needs continue to be productivity related, then you may wish to stay with the Passport. If more entertainment oriented, then you ought to change

Posted via CB10
    zenojones likes this.
    09-03-18 04:25 AM
    Go for iphone 8 if u are getting it for 500, but see if it's refubrished. Coz most refubrished don't last long, and has no guarantee. Few years ago my 6 stopped working in a month. As we all know Passport is soon going to end.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Hrishikesh, Thanks for your comments
    I am getting iPhone 8 from my friend and he is claiming to be a new one, replacement model from Apple

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 05:35 AM
    For what it's worth, I have had occasion to use both the 8plus and the X but am back on the passport. If your primary needs continue to be productivity related, then you may wish to stay with the Passport. If more entertainment oriented, then you ought to change

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your comments
    May I please know what made you switch back to Passport?
    Ever thought of keeping both phones?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 05:36 AM
    Hi Hrishikesh, Thanks for your comments
    I am getting iPhone 8 from my friend and he is claiming to be a new one, replacement model from Apple

Posted via CB10
    Then see the condition, and start bargain from 425

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 09:31 AM
    I kept the passport all these years since it's utility is unrivaled. Unfortunately the acquisition of apps has become somewhat more complicated. Using cobalt's fixes I continue to be able to use the passport as my daily driver. I appreciate a bigger screen when travelling to watch movies. I have recently sold my iphones in anticipation of the new one coming out, which I will undoubtedly purchase. I do like the keyone and key2 well enough, but am disappointed with TCL choice of processor (notwithstanding their excuse of power consumption) and the lower quality screen (brightness, glass). The passport was the beneficiary of the best hardware components available in the day. I would appreciate TCL putting out an option at least with better screen, better battery, better processor. Until then I will enjoy my passport until the end.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 11:12 AM
    I kept the passport all these years since it's utility is unrivaled. Unfortunately the acquisition of apps has become somewhat more complicated. Using cobalt's fixes I continue to be able to use the passport as my daily driver. I appreciate a bigger screen when travelling to watch movies. I have recently sold my iphones in anticipation of the new one coming out, which I will undoubtedly purchase. I do like the keyone and key2 well enough, but am disappointed with TCL choice of processor (notwithstanding their excuse of power consumption) and the lower quality screen (brightness, glass). The passport was the beneficiary of the best hardware components available in the day. I would appreciate TCL putting out an option at least with better screen, better battery, better processor. Until then I will enjoy my passport until the end.

Posted via CB10
    Has the KEY2's battery or processor ever let you down?

If not, what's wrong with it then?

I'm pretty sure the KEY2 on its 660 running a stable optimized Oreo 8.1 is better on battery than a 4 year old Passport running android apk's on the 4.3 runtime...
    09-03-18 11:46 AM
    Yes, I am waiting for the launch of Key2 LE.
    Wish it had the capactive keyboard though.

Posted via CB10
    It’s already confirmed that it doesn’t have capacitive under the keyboard, so it stucks at being a normal keyboard with shortcuts + fingerprint

Posted via CB10
    I suggested android knowing you come from passport, because 8 with 4.6 inch screen might not satisfy your typing experience. The screen isn’t wide enough for vkb. But it worth trying.

On the other side, if you get a proper android phone with 5.5 inch screen, your vkb will at least match your thumbs perfectly and the keys are resizeable to meet your need. And you can put blackberry hub on it for your work.
    Last edited by chain13; 09-03-18 at 07:18 PM.
    09-03-18 11:58 AM
    I have a screen timeout of 20 seconds and a screen brightness of around 20-30%. I have four email adresses. A facebook, instagram (using igran), Gtalk, viber, twitter and yahoo messenger account.

I am have LTE, wifi, bluetooth and location services all on. I receive hundreds of emails combined from my three accounts. My bluetooth is always paired to my Pebble watch. When I got my Passport, I haven't opened my desktop mail client and have used Blend extensively.

I do get18-20 hours battery life on my phone. Sometimes it even goes to 1.5 days. I found that having the brightness to 50% or higher will drain your battery fast. 20% Brightness is sufficient since the bb passport does have ambient light sensors which adjust based on how bright your surroundings are.
    Last edited by Jijiman; 09-05-18 at 11:21 AM.
    09-03-18 02:03 PM
    Has the KEY2's battery or processor ever let you down?

If not, what's wrong with it then?

I'm pretty sure the KEY2 on its 660 running a stable optimized Oreo 8.1 is better on battery than a 4 year old Passport running android apk's on the 4.3 runtime...
    I think he’s complaining that passport came with the best screen, best speaker, best camera, best processor at that time at the same price as key device which has some (many) treadoffs/compromises under the name of priority, but I could be wrong.
    09-03-18 09:04 PM
    I am considering to get new Passport for myself if the battery becomes unreliable
    And a key2 LE for my wife who is on Q10 and is horribly slow.
    Key2 not sure if launched in UK yet.

Posted via CB10
    I'd recommend to, try an Android phone in a local store first, and see if you truly like the interface. The Key2 would be similar. I'm not cool with Apple's overpricing and going upward in cost with each release but it is IMHO close in line with what BB10 is like.
    Last edited by Digital_Islandboy; 09-03-18 at 09:30 PM.
    09-03-18 09:10 PM
    I'd recommend to, try an Android phone in a local store first, and see if you truly like the interface. The Key2 would be similar. I'm not cool with Apple's overpricing and going upward in cost with each release but it is IMHO close in line with what BB10 is like.
    I wish BlackBerry could have used iOS instead of Android. But for PKB, I don't have option.
    For full touchscreen phones, I may not prefer blackberry or Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-18 09:20 AM
    Just received a passport SE today using it as a second phone with an iPhone 8 plus. Perfect pair on paper lets see!
    09-18-18 12:26 AM
  19. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Just received a passport SE today using it as a second phone with an iPhone 8 plus. Perfect pair on paper lets see!
    nice day about your passport
    good pky ever

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-18-18 01:56 AM
44 12