Hello guys, i have an Iphone 5s already but will like to buy a BB passport too as a secondary device. i wanna know what u guys think. is it a good idea (good combo) or i should just ditch it and get an android phone. Thanks
    06-22-17 04:04 AM
    If you have no problem bring two devices it's good combo i say
    06-22-17 04:14 AM
    Had a BlackBerry Passport before I got iPhone 5s. Used both all at once but iP5s beats the PP over apps and much easier to use. Bcoz BB10 lacks on apps and you have to do some tweaking to use android apps which will takes you so much time even if you know what you’re doing. Hence, PP is a great device but so outdated. Goodluck!
    kwartey likes this.
    06-22-17 07:09 AM
    Passport is becoming outdated. Even the stock web browser is outdated to some websites that I used to be able to use it on. Now those websites won't let me.
    xandros9 and kwartey like this.
    06-22-17 09:26 AM
    All depends what you'll use it for. If apps is more important to you go with iPhone or just get the key one. If its primarily for texting or emailing get the passport.

Posted via CB10
    kwartey likes this.
    06-22-17 02:47 PM
    Hello guys, i have an Iphone 5s already but will like to buy a BB passport too as a secondary device. i wanna know what u guys think. is it a good idea (good combo) or i should just ditch it and get an android phone. Thanks
    Would you be carrying both or switching back and forth from time to time? I usually go a month with my dtek and a month with my Passport to keep from getting bored and I don't too much lose a beat switch from either.

Posted via CB10
    kwartey likes this.
    06-22-17 02:52 PM
    A few months ago I use ip5s and Passport together. After one week i sold my old Passport and using only ip5s. This phone I used six (only) months. Now I'm back to Passport and I'm very happy. Mailing and messages on this phone is, is... i love it. I don't use FB, Instagram, skype and other social apps. My Passport for me it is ideal device. I love their PKB. Device is very fast for me but I know and accepted their system limitations.
    06-23-17 12:17 AM
    I have both at this moment. IP5s is my company Phone and passport is my private. I have to say that using iPhone is very diFficult althought it is not my first iPhone. Passport is also not my first BlackBerry, and it is much more user friendly. It is huge difference!!!
    Passport is the Best Phone I have ever had!

Posted via CB10
    nhatanh181 and kwartey like this.
    06-23-17 12:46 AM
    So if i get the passport with the bb os 10.3.3 can i still install android app without any major issues. I will not be installing much apps tho since my iphone 5 will serve that prupose. Is there any compatibility issues with Cobalts procedure ??thanks
    06-23-17 12:26 PM
    So if i get the passport with the bb os 10.3.3 can i still install android app without any major issues. I will not be installing much apps tho since my iphone 5 will serve that prupose. Is there any compatibility issues with Cobalts procedure ??thanks
    A good percentage will work with Colbalts patching, a small handful won't but again, you have the iphone so you'll be good. There's a thread on Colbalt's Google Apps Landing Page that should cover everything.

Posted via CB10
    kwartey likes this.
    06-23-17 03:04 PM
    This was actually the setup that I wanted to use. Currently using a Passport and a 7Plus combo. I was thinking of switching the iPhone to something smaller like the SE or the 5S alongside the Classic.

Less weight overall.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    kwartey likes this.
    06-24-17 06:44 AM
    I use my passport mostly for any typing and reading related. Don't even bother to install apk on os10. They will work, but very slow compare to native android phone. So any apps related just use your secondary phone, for my case is a xiaomi.

Posted via CB10
    kwartey likes this.
    06-24-17 11:24 AM
    You can use the passport to get some work done on email and office docs without interruptions, and the iphone for everything else. I'd rather use a computer than suffer writing on a screen, but we all have different tolerances. There is an app to use the passport's keyboard on android devices (not iOS), I haven't tried it but that sounds cool.

In all truth you can't even count on BBM, other people on iphones in particular may not get notifications. Paypal doesn't work either as a payment option.

Update: Managed to input paypal as payment option, yay!
    Last edited by S1lv1o; 06-24-17 at 12:47 PM.
    kwartey likes this.
    06-24-17 12:19 PM
    Swapping Sim cards ? Cobalt solution requires a PC and lt is tricky to patch apps IMO.
    kwartey likes this.
    06-24-17 12:28 PM
    Great call quality. Antenna signal strength. All so much better on a Passport. Quality never gets old.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    kwartey and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    06-24-17 02:51 PM
  16. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    All depends what you'll use it for. If apps is more important to you go with iPhone or just get the key one. If its primarily for texting or emailing get the passport.

Posted via CB10
    i agree with you broo
    kwartey likes this.
    06-25-17 01:51 AM
    The only app really important to me on the passport is the native What'sapp app which will last to December ,so I can live with that. And even after December, I will sideload the Android apk. I will just be a bit disappointed with the Browser since it's outdated and we are not going to receive any more updates for it. But am sure there's a good Android browser I can install for that.Am a big fan of the keyboard and the BB OS 10 itself. I will definitely get it in addition to my iPhone 5s.
    06-25-17 07:59 AM
    The only app really important to me on the passport is the native What'sapp app which will last to December ,so I can live with that. And even after December, I will sideload the Android apk. I will just be a bit disappointed with the Browser since it's outdated and we are not going to receive any more updates for it. But am sure there's a good Android browser I can install for that.Am a big fan of the keyboard and the BB OS 10 itself. I will definitely get it in addition to my iPhone 5s.
    The browser is starting to show its age IMO. It's still serviceable, but it will keep degrading with no updates.

Keyboard is awesome, although I much prefer the classic 4 row keyboard

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    kwartey likes this.
    06-25-17 09:36 AM
    You can use a third party browser. I use Browsie browser.

Posted via CB10
    kwartey likes this.
    06-25-17 11:55 AM
    I am surely getting the Passport. i want to know whether there are some compatibility with these apps listed. i dont mind if they are native or apks. whether they run smooth.
    Anyone can also advise me on alternative native ones i can use . Thanks
    • twitter
    • facebook
    • instagram
    • ebay
    • camscanner
    • hotspot shield
    • olx
    • truecaller
    • sofascore
    • messenger
    • candy crush
    06-28-17 08:01 AM
    I am surely getting the Passport. i want to know whether there are some compatibility with these apps listed. i dont mind if they are native or apks. whether they run smooth.
    • twitter
    • facebook
    • instagram
    • ebay
    • camscanner
    • hotspot shield
    • olx
    • truecaller
    • sofascore
    • messenger
    • candy crush
    Twitter works. Make sure you get the compatible version for instagram. The latest version doesn't work.

I don't know about the other apps.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    06-28-17 08:56 AM
    Twitter works. Make sure you get the compatible version for instagram. The latest version doesn't work.

I don't know about the other apps.

And this will be the problem in some cases--you will have to hunt down older versions of apks that are compatible with the BB10 Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 09:32 AM
    And this will be the problem in some cases--you will have to hunt down older versions of apks that are compatible with the BB10 Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    That's the thing that sucks with the runtime not being updated now or in the future. Apps will eventually stop working.

06-28-17 09:34 AM
    That's the thing that sucks with the runtime not being updated now or in the future. Apps will eventually stop working.

And with the continued decay of the browser, you can't even use the websites of some services that you can't get apps for.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 09:36 AM
    • twitter
    • facebook
    • instagram
    • ebay
    • camscanner
    • hotspot shield
    • olx
    • truecaller
    • sofascore
    • messenger
    • candy crush
    For instagram there is an app called insta10 (it is native)
    Hot spot shield will not work! (the BBos won't allow it to access some part of os) I think you can use "cisco any connect "!
    About candy crush with help of cobalt's Google services and trial and error for right apk you can have it!
    About twitter and Facebook there are some pre-installed apps but I have no idea if they work or not (didn't used them even once because I do not have Facebook or twitter account! )
    And the rest of them absolutely no idea!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 07:48 PM
36 12