Ok, I�m a long lost BlackBerry user but a die hard one. I�ve always been a fan of BlackBerry but I changed to the dark side (iOS) for about 3 years. My last BB used was the 9900 and I loved it.

I�m not thinking of making the switch, I already took the decision and as I�m a one phone guy (hate having two devices) This would be my daily driver. My only worries is that I use certain apps in iOS that I hope I can at least side load vie Android apk like Runkeeper, Polar Flow, Images editor, etc...

Who else is ditching their iPhone 5s/6/6+???
    10-01-14 11:41 AM
    Hello,

Even though I never owned an iPhone, my wife used to (it was a 3GS, and it died of swollen battery). When she was forced to change her cellphone,the (supposedly) best thing available (at a reasonable price; iPhones are too expensive here) in Argentina was the Samsung galaxy s4, and we bought one with great effort, because it was expensive at that time (about us$1100, and half of an iPhone)

As you might suspect by now, it didn't go well. She hates her phone and complains about it every time she can.

By that time I was a proud and happy Palm Pr� plus user, but eventually I had to let it go. It's battery was dying and, due to import restrictions,I couldn't get a replacement. I couldn't buy an iPhone. I didn't want another android phone. And the Z10 was available through my carrier at a very reasonable price, so I bought one, and I'm happy with my decision. And what is best of all, my wife likes it, and she likes to use it. There are plenty of android apps to fill the gaps left by the BB ones, and loading them is quite easy through the Amazon App Store. As a matter of facts, I find myself using less my iPad every day because the Z10 offers better solutions to some problems, especially those regarding communications.

I hope my experience can be useful to you in any way. If there's any thing else I can help you with while switching, I'll be glad to give a hand
    dietertong likes this.
    10-02-14 11:07 AM
    Same shoes here. 5s user. 9900 was dope, but the dog slow internet killed it for me and moved happily over to the Q10 that I loved.

After having used the 5s for 6 months, I'm pretty much tied to the brainless availability of the best/latest apps that do impact my quality of life. I bought the 6, but realized it's more of the same so returned it knowing that I'd always be tempted to see how the Passport does. I'm super anal about quality so even with the 6, a lot of the 5s apps have not been re-coded to take advantage of the bigger screen so they simply scale the graphics up to fit which looks like dog sh!t.

Some people here claim they have hundreds of apps side loaded, snapped, amzn app stored onto their passport and it's AMAZING, there is peace in the world... pls. apps get updated constantly. bb isn't the best at updating their os. i don't want backyard garage/lab os updates no matter how vetted they are on the internet user forums. native is native is native. i don't have time nor the desire to tinker, f-around.

end of day, these are the apps i need to have working period.

uber
    watchespn
    nbcsports
    google maps

wondering how they REALLY work on the passport.
    10-02-14 11:17 AM
    .... bb isn't the best at updating their os. i don't want backyard garage/lab os updates no matter how vetted they are on the internet user forums.
    What???? BlackBerry isn't the best at updating theor OS? They have had 3 major releases in less then 2 years with 4th one out on Passport (10.3)and a 5th one for all devices end of this year (10.3.1).

Posted via CB10
    dietertong likes this.
    10-02-14 12:57 PM
    What???? BlackBerry isn't the best at updating theor OS? They have had 3 major releases in less then 2 years with 4th one out on Passport (10.3)and a 5th one for all devices end of this year (10.3.1).

Posted via CB10
    True. BlackBerry isn't the one to blame here for the lack of updates. Many times the carriers are the ones to blame, as they tend to assume the responsibility of testing the different firmwares and then releasing them, for us (their customers) to upgrade our phones.

With almost every phone, you have to wait until your mobile operator releases software upgrades, or you have to do it manually (if you dare). The only way I know to escape from this situation is to buy an unlocked phone, or an iPhone. This could be a difference when switching. Depending on the "kind of user" the OP is, this will or not be an issue.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 STL100-1 / 10.2.1.3247
    10-02-14 01:13 PM